Cars The Need For Speed

I'd imagine that for testing he gives it out to a small few people he knows have a keen eye/feel for things and of whom he can trust to give helpful feedback on any issues. I'd say it's better just to wait for release.

Exactly, I don't usually do this but decided this time would be helpful to speed up things. As much as I like to test drive my own cars, I can't spend a lot of time lately doing that and it's faster to have another set of eyes to find out if anything needs attention before releasing to the public.

Thanks for the "Test Drive" ;)
View attachment 242015
Freaking Epic car along here... The modelling and the physics are sublime! A stunning machine!

About a year and a half here... So I've got miles to go (literally)... with the new canyon roads around 85 miles.

EDIT: The Viper loves PCH... and trust me PCH loves the Viper.. Amazing!

How many times did you crash ? The Viper has a way of whispering to it's driver "Just a little faster, just a little faster" then when you stuff it into a corner the Viper says "ohhhhhhhh not that fast" :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

For you all that want to get ready for the Viper, drive the Shelby Cobra 427, in many ways this is the Viper, just with less weight and slightly shorter wheelbase. The Cobra can be very twitchy where as the Viper weighing a little more and few inches longer wheel base has a bit more stability under acceleration although with 400hp and 627Nm of torque, the Viper is more than capable of ripping your face off. With so much power, the Viper can easily rotate with a simple tap of the throttle, much easier to do than in the Cobra. The Viper didn't have ABS until 2001 I think, so stopping can be just as exciting as accelerating !

Of course this is all my perception, some of you better drivers may find the Viper a breeze to drive. I find it fascinating taking it out on different circuits, regardless of how well I know the track, I don't know it well in the Viper, it's like learning the track all over again from scratch !

Last edited:
How many times did you crash ? The Viper has a way of whispering to it's driver "Just a little faster, just a little faster" then when you stuff it into a corner the Viper says "ohhhhhhhh not that fast" :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

For you all that want to get ready for the Viper, drive the Shelby Cobra 427, in many ways this is the Viper, just with less weight and slightly shorter wheelbase. The Cobra can be very twitchy where as the Viper weighing a little more and few inches longer wheel base has a bit more stability under acceleration although with 400hp and 627Nm of torque, the Viper is more than capable of ripping your face off. With so much power, the Viper can easily rotate with a simple tap of the throttle, much easier to do than in the Cobra. The Viper didn't have ABS until 2001 I think, so stopping can be just as exciting as accelerating !

Of course this is all my perception, some of you better drivers may find the Viper a breeze to drive. I find it fascinating taking it out on different circuits, regardless of how well I know the track, I don't know it well in the Viper, it's like learning the track all over again from scratch !

I only had a chance to do few laps so far, as then I was abroad, but I can say I agree with the viper being wild, but at the same time very predictible and controlable.

I like the feel, very satisfying to drive :)

I haven't driven the cobra in a while, but I remember it being not forgetable at all :p

I didn't crash as such... just spun it a few times trying to give it a little bit too much angle... I can see a little of what you mean... It certainly has a sting in it's tail.
But as @9kret9 says... It's beautifully controllable and predictable...
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_pacific_coast_22-3-118-1-39-20.jpg

It can pretty easily manage a 9:35 PCH run... Seeing as the 458 can do a 9:17... That's pretty quick! And it's really well balanced with the Diablo, 512TR and NSX.

The bodywork crafted by A3DR is more than photogenic enough... And the physics are spot on...
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_pacific_coast_22-3-118-1-56-27.jpg

Now all I need to do is make sure I don't get too carried away with my Road & Track "Testing" :D

Now all I need to do is make sure I don't get too carried away with my Road & Track "Testing" :D
That's probably the hardest part with these cars...!

LODs are done, performance is right next to any official Kunos car so it's all good. Of course these aren't manually crafted LOD models, otherwise it'll take me another week which I don't have right now, so had to take some shortcuts to do so. They get the job done and that's what matters in the end.

__custom_showroom_1521715007.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

So far happy with the end result and how it performs, so after checking with Jason if there's anything else on the physics side, should be good to roll :cool:

That's probably the hardest part with these cars...!

LODs are done, performance is right next to any official Kunos car so it's all good. Of course these aren't manually crafted LOD models, otherwise it'll take me another week which I don't have right now, so had to take some shortcuts to do so. They get the job done and that's what matters in the end.

View attachment 242134
View attachment 242135

So far happy with the end result and how it performs, so after checking with Jason if there's anything else on the physics side, should be good to roll :cool:
Very nice! What tool did you use to generate the LODs again?

Tonight I actually dreamt that I was driving a blue Viper in AC on a track reminiscent of the coastal one from NFS (In my dream the track was also made by A3DR. Odd how I was "aware" of these things in my dream...).
Anyway, to say I'm looking forward to the release of the Viper is probably a bit of an understatement!

Sorry for the OT but had to travel back in time after seeing all the Test Drive screenshots, remembered this game called Race Drivin' from 1992 which featured a Viper, so decided to fire up my time traveling machine (aka Compaq Deskpro) and feel like a kid again :D

IMG_20180322_090337.jpg

And here it is in all it's pixelated, low polyness glory, the green RT/10 in game

IMG_20180322_090128.jpg

Damn, that's some nostalgic racing. That model would not even be good for the lowest LOD level nowadays. hahaha

Still I also remember having a poster of the Viper when I was a young boy. Hoping to own it one day. Never happend but then again in the Netherlands it's something to even see a Viper driving on the roads.

I did find this one do. Still where to get 55.000 Euro's. hahaha

https://www.autoweek.nl/occasions/dodge/viper/290214620/80-rt-10-serie-1-nederlandse-dealer-auto/

Sorry for the OT but had to travel back in time after seeing all the Test Drive screenshots, remembered this game called Race Drivin' from 1992 which featured a Viper, so decided to fire up my time traveling machine (aka Compaq Deskpro) and feel like a kid again :D

View attachment 242144

And here it is in all it's pixelated, low polyness glory, the green RT/10 in game

View attachment 242145

Hmmmmmm, I've seen this before. somewhere.. Hmmmmm. Ahhhhhhhh the Dodge Viper station wagon concept! :roflmao::roflmao::cry::cry::confused:

1999_Dodge_Viper_concept.jpg

images.jpg

View attachment 242144

View attachment 242145

I can see your face in the first photo, the reflection of it. It's all pixelated as well.

I didn't notice that at first.

If you stare for ages at it it looks kind of demonic. It's strange how the human eyes interpret shapes and patterns in certain ways at times.

I'm quite scared now but I'll get over it.

Hmmmmmm, I've seen this before. somewhere.. Hmmmmm. Ahhhhhhhh the Dodge Viper station wagon concept! :roflmao::roflmao::cry::cry::confused:

View attachment 242146

View attachment 242147

Sheez what's up with Yankees trying to turn everything into a station wagon :poop:

What did you end up using for sounds?
Took the Kunos R8 sound and removed a couple of lines from the GUID file, sounds pretty close to the real Viper, or at least at close as we can get without a proper sound guy.

I can see your face in the first photo, the reflection of it. It's all pixelated as well.

I didn't notice that at first.

If you stare for ages at it it looks kind of demonic. It's strange how the human eyes interpret shapes and patterns in certain ways at times.

I'm quite scared now but I'll get over it.

Completely missed that, now I see it, gotta love those old CRT's :roflmao:

Some Viper fun :D

Viper the Donut maker...
20180322191209_1.jpg

Took it to the city to do some shopping...
20180322201509_1.jpg

20180322201601_1.jpg

...and to polish that sideway styles
20180322204253_1.jpg

It`s great for chilling out...
20180322205038_1.jpg

20180322205127_1.jpg

...but driving this thing isn`t cheap :p
20180322203423_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes