Cars The Need For Speed

And thanks for including this epic 1996 color combo!

BoIZVaV.jpg

tS5g7h8.jpg

AmCAyYV.jpg

gpjxi5N.jpg

GxSOe9n.jpg

9tbkNbv.jpg

Don't know what you did with the sound but for some reason when coasting or under full throttle at high speed it sounds spot on from what I can remember when a GTS was ahead of me for a few hours on the Autobahn and in tunnels a few years back. Great work!

And thanks for including this epic 1996 color combo!

BoIZVaV.jpg

tS5g7h8.jpg

AmCAyYV.jpg

gpjxi5N.jpg

GxSOe9n.jpg

9tbkNbv.jpg

Don't know what you did with the sound but for some reason when coasting or under full throttle at high speed it sounds spot on from what I can remember when a GTS was ahead of me for a few hours on the Autobahn and in tunnels a few years back. Great work!
He modified the r8 sound I think. Can’t believe how great the sound is.

It's just the firing order of the Euro V10 and valvetrain/compression set up for high rev power delivery. The Viper engine is a Chrysler Semi V10 truck engine optimized for low compression, low rev torque. Same with Euro V8s in terms of the sound.

Great job either way!

The shape makes it aerodynamically conducive to lift...

53nTaQV.jpg

Granted this entry speed and angle was a bit ambitious...

AgDUzHE.jpg

6kI7TN3.jpg

One thing I noticed, when the roof is off in cockpit view the cabin lightning is still the same as with the roof on like there's no light in the cabin. Is this an engine limitation?

:D

Sounds are from the R8, removed some lines from the GUID file that's all. IMO the note could be a bit deeper but well, at least is a V10.

I have to admit, since I haven't set up my simracing gear I didn't drive the car yet, but inline 5-cylinder engines sound similar to a V10, just that 5cyl. are somewhat deeper.
So maybe the Audi Quattro (the road car) sound would fit the Viper.

The shape makes it aerodynamically conducive to lift...

53nTaQV.jpg

Granted this entry speed and angle was a bit ambitious...

AgDUzHE.jpg

6kI7TN3.jpg

One thing I noticed, when the roof is off in cockpit view the cabin lightning is still the same as with the roof on like there's no light in the cabin. Is this an engine limitation?

What track is this?

About the light, you can only set one exposure value for the cabin. The only way around it, is to make it into two different cars.

NkK7M6.jpg

It,s awesome, Thanks

Have been driving this all morning, what a treat.

First drive was PCH, thought it felt very 'nice', then wondered hold on, maybe sticky tyres by default...
Checked the set-up, yep, immediately switched it to Street 90s and bang, the snake came alive :D

Absolutely love it, it really does handle very nicely, a lovely car to chuck about and feels more trustworthy than I was imagining! Chasing a Diablo VT along PCH with an XJ220 in the mirror is just SO FRICKIN' COOL in VR, this really feels like the greatest time to be a sim racer!

The model is great, I get a little bit of a yellow flicker from the eco 'upshift' arrow, this is in VR so presume Z fighting or something?

@9kret9 the gauges look fantastic, really sharp in VR :D

The model is great, I get a little bit of a yellow flicker from the eco 'upshift' arrow, this is in VR so presume Z fighting or something?

Yellow arrow is the skip shift indicator which will illuminate between 2000-2500 rpm. In the real RT/10 Viper if you shift while this light is on you will be dumped into 4th gear. AC obviously doesn't support that to the best of my knowledge, so it's there for an extra bit of realism and coolness factor. :thumbsup:

What track is this?

About the light, you can only set one exposure value for the cabin. The only way around it, is to make it into two different cars.

NkK7M6.jpg

It,s awesome, Thanks

Ah that makes sense! In that case I’ll do a windows down sunroof open version of the E31 just to enjoy the light and scenery :)

The track is the beautiful ‚Hong‘ a very authentic and detailed Hong Kong stage track.

The only thing that the roof provides is projected shadows, but of course it doesn't affects the AO in the interior at all, so that's something to live with. At least we get proper shadows from the hardtop when it's on :cool:

First drive was PCH, thought it felt very 'nice', then wondered hold on, maybe sticky tyres by default...
Checked the set-up, yep, immediately switched it to Street 90s and bang, the snake came alive :D

Absolutely love it, it really does handle very nicely, a lovely car to chuck about and feels more trustworthy than I was imagining! Chasing a Diablo VT along PCH with an XJ220 in the mirror is just SO FRICKIN' COOL in VR, this really feels like the greatest time to be a sim racer!

Thing is that I've had to do a little trick to make the upshift light work as it should, so it turns ON at around 2k, BUT the game code doesn't allows to turn it off at a certain RPM, so I've had to create another piece of geometry on top to cover it and make it look like it's off. If I move it a little farther away to avoid the z-fighting issue, then the glow from the yellow light starts to show.

AFAIK this only happens in tracks like PCH where everything starts to shake, works fine in nords for example.

Awesome little car. I love the dashboard, details like the upshift light for economic driving are what make A3DR's cars special. 10/10

A small thing I found that I am not sure if intentional. When I press flashing lights with lights off the high-beam dashboard light flashes a few times and turns off, with lights on the same light flashes but stays on. Shouldn't it turn off in both cases?

Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_ks_laguna_seca_24-3-118-16-2-17 - Copy.jpg

A small thing I found that I am not sure if intentional. When I press flashing lights with lights off the high-beam dashboard light flashes a few times and turns off, with lights on the same light flashes but stays on. Shouldn't it turn off in both cases?
View attachment 242554

I'm not sure if that's meant to be like that. But also it's a way to keep the high beams on... I'll have to go through the official content to see an example of how it should work, but it makes sense when you have the low beams on, you can turn on the high beams.
When they're off, it only flashes.

OK, did a quick and dirty comparison of stock sound and the Audi Sport Quattro sound on the Viper.

And here's a real one:

Not a bad idea with quattro 5cyl. I'll give it a try later.

On the other hand I believe racing R8 is pretty close here.
I tested it the same way comparing with videos in different situations.
Here if you do the "burnout launch" from a bit lower rpms it's close to the video.

In general it does the job, sound for the 512tr was much harder to get from stock ones.

Last edited:
Just took a first drive around Nords.. a lot easier to drive than expected, as long as you keep your foot down.
I did find two issues with it, one is this:
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_ks_nordschleife_24-3-118-16-45-12.jpg

I mean sure a street Viper rarely needs a pit stop, but adding some DISC_ Nulls isn't much work either :)

Also, in dash view, there is something wrong with the normals around that "Shift up" light on the dash, it may be the extra object you needed to hide it at higher rpm, but in motion there's some obvious artefact there

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.0%