Cars The Need For Speed

Have just spent an hour solid lapping Bathurst in a sort of 'supercars' trackday. Absolutely brilliant and I love the Viper. I think the 'official' PCH skin is my favourite :)

During my laps I had some good racing (which probably depends on tyres fitted / AI level) with the Kunos Countach and E92 M3, and the mod BMW E26 M1 and Honda NSX are a good match too.

The shift up flicker is definitely as you said only on 'big' mod tracks, tried a few others and it's exactly as expected.

Just took a first drive around Nords.. a lot easier to drive than expected, as long as you keep your foot down.
I did find two issues with it, one is this:
View attachment 242567
I mean sure a street Viper rarely needs a pit stop, but adding some DISC_ Nulls isn't much work either :)

Also, in dash view, there is something wrong with the normals around that "Shift up" light on the dash, it may be the extra object you needed to hide it at higher rpm, but in motion there's some obvious artefact there

Yeah not going to mess with the shift light, that's how it is. But true about the DISC nulls, thought nobody would bother but since you did, well, got a good excuse now to do it :D

Nobody noticed the cool ignition key that's only on when you drive (and changes color with the car) and not visible on the showroom, but yeah, no disc nulls! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I didn't do it... :p
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_ks_black_cat_county_24-3-118-16-56-40.jpg

Nobody noticed the cool ignition key that's only on when you drive (and changes color with the car) and not visible on the showroom, but yeah, no disc nulls! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I have no VR system, and AC misses a interior free came similar to the F5 cam
btw is it just me or is the FFB of the car very light?

I noticed the key with the Viper logo, but as I've been using the black with yellow stripes I hadn't noticed the color :D

It may just be me, but with the audio the 'bumping' sound is a bit intrusive. I'd noticed it on other tracks, but was just doing a trackday at Highlands Long and down the long back straight it sounds like a load of bushes have perished in the suspension :roflmao:

I imagine this is just part of the Kunos sounds though and other than deleting it entirely there's not much to be done?

I never knew that under those bonnet vent/grill things there was a hole, learnt that whilst taking a look around the car in VR :) Had also never realised how deep the recesses were around those grills. Love the attention to detail.

You can edit assetto_corsa.ini and set 1 for allow free camera. Then F7 and you can lookaround with mouse and arrows (shift +arrows for slow movement)

Yeah not going to mess with the shift light, that's how it is. But true about the DISC nulls, thought nobody would bother but since you did, well, got a good excuse now to do it :D

Damn didn't notice! I could have expected that after 512TR details like light switch and key.

You can edit assetto_corsa.ini and set 1 for allow free camera. Then F7 and you can lookaround with mouse and arrows (shift +arrows for slow movement)
I know the F7 cam, but i meant a cam to sorta move "your head" around inside the car while driving, like you can with a VR system

Snake and snake action!! :D

The 1st annual Watkins Glen snake off !! :sneaky:

View attachment 242674

View attachment 242675
Two beautiful shots. Must take the Viper to the Glen immediately! :D

Wow. I did not expect to get so much pleasure from this car... I wish I could thank Aphidgod for putting together a fantastic chassis - the physics behaved pretty much as I thought they would on this car. :) My first laps were on Nordschleife, like I always do with new cars. I can't push it to 100% very often and it's probably closer to 0% with new cars, but I kept thinking to myself, this thing seems a bit slow on the final straight. I think I was doing 160mph. I figured my crap driving was at it again...a quick Google revealed that the top speed for the original RT/10 was 164mph. :confused: :D I should have known better than to second guess Aphidgod's work. :D

Puzzled by 1 thing. When I go into the vehicle's setup section, the Accessories tab has Hardtop defaulted to 1 and Fog Lamps defaulted to 1. However, the Hardtop is NOT installed by default, so I have to change the value to 0 to put the Hardtop on. Doesn't that seem backwards? Wouldn't a setting of 0 be more appropriate for No Hardtop and a setting of 1 with Hardtop?

Same question for the Fog Lamps. Default value is 1, but they're turned off. Move slider to 0 and they turn on. Again, that seems the exact opposite of how it should be.

I know that those are two really lame things to nitpick about...I'm not trying to make any more work for you, Daniel. I promise! :) :D Enough of this crap....Me and My Viper...To The Glen!!!!! ::pOOF::

That's something I'll never understand, how come they didn't include the option to move the head around like PCars does for example. So simple and useful.
Not sure about the FFB, there are always mixed comments there with different hardware so the best you can do is to tune it to your liking.

Two beautiful shots. Must take the Viper to the Glen immediately! :D

Wow. I did not expect to get so much pleasure from this car... I wish I could thank Aphidgod for putting together a fantastic chassis - the physics behaved pretty much as I thought they would on this car. :) My first laps were on Nordschleife, like I always do with new cars. I can't push it to 100% very often and it's probably closer to 0% with new cars, but I kept thinking to myself, this thing seems a bit slow on the final straight. I think I was doing 160mph. I figured my crap driving was at it again...a quick Google revealed that the top speed for the original RT/10 was 164mph. :confused: :D I should have known better than to second guess Aphidgod's work. :D

Puzzled by 1 thing. When I go into the vehicle's setup section, the Accessories tab has Hardtop defaulted to 1 and Fog Lamps defaulted to 1. However, the Hardtop is NOT installed by default, so I have to change the value to 0 to put the Hardtop on. Doesn't that seem backwards? Wouldn't a setting of 0 be more appropriate for No Hardtop and a setting of 1 with Hardtop?

Same question for the Fog Lamps. Default value is 1, but they're turned off. Move slider to 0 and they turn on. Again, that seems the exact opposite of how it should be.

I know that those are two really lame things to nitpick about...I'm not trying to make any more work for you, Daniel. I promise! :) :D Enough of this crap....Me and My Viper...To The Glen!!!!! ::pOOF::

Only praises for the physics, you can read or watch any review of the real car and then get the same feeling on track in AC, that's as good as it gets.

Don't mention about the setup thing, yeah, it's the best I could do after trying a couple of things. :rolleyes:
I did the same for the Vortex and worked just fine, in this case, well, the only way to make it work was to have the numbers inverted.
Otherwise there was an issue where you switched to the Accessories tab and both things turned on by itself. That caused to have both settings on and off when you restarted the race or teleported back to pits.
At least this way you can have them on and off and they'll stay like that.

That Cobra must be the best looking official car :inlove:
Let's see who makes some racing skins for the Viper so it won't feel ashamed to be on the same track :p

HAHA I had to make a blue and white stripe skin. I'd never made a skin before, so I stumbled through the progress. Some Cobra 427/Daytona Coupe inspired retro skins for the Viper would be cool !

Variations of the Daytona Coupe Zandvoort skin would look great on the Viper I think

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 2.9%