Cars The Need For Speed

Almost there with the modeling, just missing minor parts like handbrake, pedals and seatbelts.
My goal was to finish it in a week, so it's not far from that. It'll take another week to work on textures, shaders and setup.

screenshot029 Copy.jpg
screenshot026 - Copy (2).jpg

Interior wireframe

screenshot030 (1).jpg

At the risk of repeating myself...

i'm so excited every time i see this :p
upload_2017-4-21_19-37-32.png

I'm sorry i don't have anything constructive to say... despite that it's looking wonderful. I too have this car as an emblem of my childhood :))
I really can't wait to see the first shapes of the 512, which is yet another emblem!

Last edited:
Done. Bit over 260k triangles in total, so might clean up some geometry along the way when doing UV's and textures.
Still missing fuel cap and the Gaudini badge on the right, but that's all.

screenshot026 (1).jpg
screenshot024 (3).jpg

Will have to put this aside for a little while to take care of other projects, but I'll be back to it in a week or two.

Like Parker Lewis' dad once said "Son, luck is the residue of design" :) (yes I'm old! lol)

Well said, and when you good you good,

And you are very good Sir, and a generous man to share your labour and time with our AC community,

Sincere thanks for that to brings us such simple pleasures and enjoyment with your beautiful cars......

Cheers

Etienne

Regarding tracks for this mod: I think we have plenty already which are even better than the original tracks. Lake Louise, Coste Road, Pacific Coast etc come to my mind. Of course recreating the original tracks would be fun nonetheless.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.