Cars The Need For Speed

• Deleted member 130869

Ferrari F-40, Lamborghini Countach, and now a stunning Diablo coming to fruition and later still a NSX available in a current game? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Tracks! We need the tracks too! :p

Awesome work on the Diablo though. I personally like the popup headlights when they're up.

Would be really amazing to get our hands on the tracks geometry to recreate them in AC, I'd love to see these cars flying off the road like they used to :)

Slow progress today, lots of blind spots I couldn't find pics of in this interior, but most of the big shapes are already defined.
screenshot025 (2).jpg

What a Diablo without windshield reminds me of... couldn't get it out of my head all day! lol

One can appreciate the spartan SV or the monstrous GT-R, but the (purple!) 93' SE30/Jota might be the top of the exotic/poster look for the early Diablo with the more extended front lip, blinds over the engine cover reminiscent of the older Lambos, and larger rear wheels.

I have physics all set for the Jota (if you're gonna do a special edition, you may as well go all in) and it should be released as a standalone car independent of this pack. Not sure what the timetable is on that one, but it will happen. Fortunately it's still an early-bodied car so the cosmetic changes are minimal: deeper front lip, new decklid with ram air intakes, an adjustable wing, some badging, and a few different bits on the dash. And that lovely purple paint. :cautious:

• Deleted member 130869

I have that Jamiroquai CD. I still remember seeing the video for the first time, it was just drooling over cars with a nice soundtrack :p.

I have physics all set for the Jota (if you're gonna do a special edition, you may as well go all in) and it should be released as a standalone car independent of this pack. Not sure what the timetable is on that one, but it will happen. Fortunately it's still an early-bodied car so the cosmetic changes are minimal: deeper front lip, new decklid with ram air intakes, an adjustable wing, some badging, and a few different bits on the dash. And that lovely purple paint. :cautious:

I'd like to do the SE30, and as a step upgrade the Jota version to be released as separate cars. After all the Diablo VT and 512 will be released together. Not sure when this is going to happen though, I don't want to delay the production of the other cars too much either.

I have that Jamiroquai CD. I still remember seeing the video for the first time, it was just drooling over cars with a nice soundtrack :p.

I was still playing NFS when that video came out and I remember doing the same thing every time MTV played that video :) Later I've found out that those were his own cars, and that they had to remove the Diablo windshield to place the camera on top of the hood for those shots.

Interior is slowly coming together. Had so many small changes over the years that it was hard to decide on one model. This would be the average 94-95 interior for the VT... I think :O_o:

screenshot025_1.jpg
screenshot024_1.jpg

Instruments are mostly complete except for the stereo and the steering wheel could use some refinement. Next is the remaining floor panels, doors and seats.

I'm pretty sure I'm just a one-guy army :sneaky:
What I don't think people realize is when you are experienced/professional things can be built very quickly. It is when people are starting out new is when things take forever. That is more than norm than say people like you and chargincar.

Also you don't really see screenshots of what was happening for the other week since this was announced, which is a lot of time gathering the resources necessary to work fast. For example you can't really take a picture of how long it takes to find accurate body dimensions, but if you do that sort of thing first you can just build it right the first time.

Also you don't really see screenshots of what was happening for the other week since this was announced, which is a lot of time gathering the resources necessary to work fast. For example you can't really take a picture of how long it takes to find accurate body dimensions, but if you do that sort of thing first you can just build it right the first time.

Yes having the right reference is key to fast build times. That's why the interior took a bit longer that I've expected, even though I have a lot of pics, they're all from different cars and they all look different but share a lot of parts, so spent a lot of time browsing pics for each part to make sure it's period correct.
Not the same for the exterior, where I had found a lot of good pics off auction sites and I could easily work out some rough "blueprints" and camera match from there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back