Cars The Need For Speed

showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_24-3-2017-16-57-0-jpg.187716
200.webp

A normal map could add the "3d" missing to the reflective shapes inside the plastic. I remember something similar on the side indicators of the kunos Supra. If there's a chrome reflector behind, maybe using transparency variations on the texture according to the brighter highlights could help to add depth. It's amazing to see you go the extra mile on all these details, when one looks at the showroom, it's easy to forget that your model is meant for realtime 3D, not for a static render.

Yes given the engine limitations it seems to be the best way to go. I wish I could find a better pic of those lenses, I'll see what I can dig up when I get some time. My Prelude (my real one) has similar reflective lenses, might be able to use them with a little PS :)

Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_25-3-2017-8-9-48.jpg

Also I need to get the shape right on the lower lights, so that's still work in progress.

Yes given the engine limitations it seems to be the best way to go. I wish I could find a better pic of those lenses, I'll see what I can dig up when I get some time. My Prelude (my real one) has similar reflective lenses, might be able to use them with a little PS :)

View attachment 187878

Also I need to get the shape right on the lower lights, so that's still work in progress.
I wonder if you can find the shape on another car, Lamborghini as well as other manufacturers were using very similar or identical lights a lot of the time to save costs.

for example

coatl7.jpg

The Lamborghini diablo is well known for stealing the lights off a Peugeot 406
Peugeot_406_rear_20080730.jpg

On a more serious note this website sells spare parts.

http://www.autoepoca.it/brands/lamborghini-parts/

For the diablo so maybe you can get some straight up shots from them for the lenses

001-1.jpg

A3DR, what kind of sources do you use for the models? I mean, in such speed you are doing the models, are you on vacation at the moment, to find the time to create the models for AC?? :)
Do you use scale size models of the cars? And how about the interior? Where do you get the sources from?

I wonder if you can find the shape on another car, Lamborghini as well as other manufacturers were using very similar or identical lights a lot of the time to save costs.

for example

coatl7.jpg

The Lamborghini diablo is well known for stealing the lights off a Peugeot 406
Peugeot_406_rear_20080730.jpg

On a more serious note this website sells spare parts.

http://www.autoepoca.it/brands/lamborghini-parts/

For the diablo so maybe you can get some straight up shots from them for the lenses

001-1.jpg

Yep not to mention the well known "Nissan headlights" on the late models too.

Ebay is my friend :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini...-1990-1999-pair-L-amp-R-blinker-/272060870030

Thanks to @AccAkut for explaining how to do it, the rear wing can be turned off from the setup now, so there's no need to make another version of the car just for that detail.

Ah, yeah. You can turn off certain meshes for different versions or even just different setups? Because I like the way you can select the version like you can do with the Kunos Countach.

But the Countach is the S1, this one won't have a step upgrade so it's just a slider in the AERO section.
The mesh is turned off by using the wing animations, it's only 1 keyframe that scales it down to 0 and hides it.

But the Countach is the S1, this one won't have a step upgrade so it's just a slider in the AERO section.
The mesh is turned off by using the wing animations, it's only 1 keyframe that scales it down to 0 and hides it.

How did you deal with the AO map then? Because if you remove the spoiler, the AO map of where the spoiler hits the bodywork on the spoiler version, will still have some shading going on, right?

How did you deal with the AO map then? Because if you remove the spoiler, the AO map of where the spoiler hits the bodywork on the spoiler version, will still have some shading going on, right?
If I had to guess he has the AO map on a separate mesh hovering slightly over the back of the car like we do with skid marks on tracks. And this object will move with the wing. I could be wrong but considering the stripes on the Mustang were floating objects it could work here too.

Some crazy work ethic from you guys! Aphidgod mentioned that these cars are all fairly similar pace so should be great for multiplayer! Have you managed to capture a tame sound modder for this one?

i did my research as well regarding these tracks. I found out a brilliant mind did a remake in C# of the game using the game data.
here: http://1amstudios.com/projects/opennfs1/

I imagine that since he had to rewrite all the code, he had access to the model, and given the screenshot on the page, it's a safe guess :)
image10.jpg

So i sent him an email asking if he was willing to help. That would be a great kick to get started!
I'll keep you posted.

By the way, i heard nothing from him.
I'm trying sending one last message

then, if someone else wants to try his luck, i don't want to spam the guy :p

Last edited:
By the way, i heard nothing from the guy. He seems to have a twitter though.
I'm sending one last message through his Linkedin and will see

then, if someone else wants to try his luck, i don't want to spam him either :p

Well, it's worth the shot!

Some crazy work ethic from you guys! Aphidgod mentioned that these cars are all fairly similar pace so should be great for multiplayer! Have you managed to capture a tame sound modder for this one?

I've had my experience with sound modders before but haven't found anyone who will work at our pace. We get things done and never delay each other work, no BS, so I like to keep it this way.
@iRacer5 has been doing a couple of sound mods to my cars, which are really good, but we never talked about working together on a release.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%