Cars The Need For Speed

One question that might have been asked already: are there plans to make police interceptor versions of all cars one the cars are finished with light-units and paint job (maybe even an added cop computer on the dash and a shotgun mount :D) ?

One question that might have been asked already: are there plans to make police interceptor versions of all cars one the cars are finished with light-units and paint job (maybe even an added cop computer on the dash and a shotgun mount :D) ?

You mean like this one? :) NM the lightbar, that's just PS.

oqAyyLP.jpg

Still working on a couple of paints for the VT. Slow going though. When all the cars are finished I'll probably upload some. Would be nice to have a lightbar. But I guess we'll have to wait for A3DR to decide on that. Apart from the VT, I think it fits the 993 nicely as well.
Well, we'll see what the future brings.

This is a discussion that's been on and off about police cars, who knows, might settle for something later on, still can't make up my mind about it. I believe the police cars in the original game were fox body Mustangs, but not 100% sure. That could be interesting :)

Anyway, did small progress on the Viper, starting to get a feel for that interior
screenshot071.jpg

Also settled on the hood gap, I think it looks close to what most pics show
screenshot071 (1).jpg

Yeah, after the hood gap adjustment it definitely looks better. :thumbsup: It's quite counter-intuitive really, haha. But I guess the Viper itself is kind of counter-intuitive.

This is a discussion that's been on and off about police cars, who knows, might settle for something later on, still can't make up my mind about it. I believe the police cars in the original game were fox body Mustangs, but not 100% sure. That could be interesting :)

Anyway, did small progress on the Viper, starting to get a feel for that interior
View attachment 238916

Also settled on the hood gap, I think it looks close to what most pics show
View attachment 238917

Looking great so far, not like I would expect anything less from your work ;)

That gap, may be just a detail, but adds so much character to the car!

After @Ph0b0s gave me some inspiration with his amazing(!) shortmovie,the other day,
i spent the sunday making one myself.
Not trying to compete - his editing skills are something else, out of my league.
But, in someway, show homage the modders behind these amazing cars !
Thank you so very much - they are awesome !

What you did that in a day? god, that's just so good, love the little details, finally someone put to good use the gated shifter animation :roflmao:
Amazing work, both videos are a pleasure to watch just like the original showcase vids that came with the game back then (that I never got tired of seeing!).
Thanks for sharing, hoping to see more of this stuff, love it when different skills come together :cool:

After @Ph0b0s gave me some inspiration with his amazing(!) shortmovie,the other day,
i spent the sunday making one myself.

Are you kidding me? You got all of that together in one day? That video is awesome!! I like doing stuff like that...it's just been such a long time for me. :( I loved the pounding door speaker. :laugh: :roflmao: That was perfect. Did you use any external sound sources for engine noises or tire screeching, etc? If you ever make any more videos, please share them...especially if you're using mod cars & tracks. :)

Amazing work, both videos are a pleasure to watch just like the original showcase vids that came with the game back then (that I never got tired of seeing!).
Thanks for sharing, hoping to see more of this stuff, love it when different skills come together :cool:
Oh my God. I would play it over and over. It was so long ago, but I do remember believing it would be hard to improve on computer graphics :roflmao: :laugh:. "It's like watching TV!!" :laugh: :roflmao: :D

Both cars have it, instead of simply animating the shifter up and down, I've moved it into the 1st gear position.
I can't believe the devs left it like that, by this time we should be able to do a proper H pattern. Now that development is over for AC we know that'll never happen. :rolleyes:

Oh my God. I would play it over and over. It was so long ago, but I do remember believing it would be hard to improve on computer graphics :roflmao: :laugh:. "It's like watching TV!!" :laugh: :roflmao: :D

Indeed it was amazing to see those high quality videos on a computer CRT back then, when YouTube wasn't even a word :D

Both cars have it, instead of simply animating the shifter up and down, I've moved it into the 1st gear position.
I can't believe the devs left it like that, by this time we should be able to do a proper H pattern. Now that development is over for AC we know that'll never happen. :rolleyes:
Eh, AC does have a proper H-pattern animation - but only for the Lotus Type 49 I think. I have just never seen anyone do that in a mod car... @Stereo , have you ever dug into that? Since you wrote the kasanim exporter, you'd be the first person to approach ;)

That's just a persistent rumor, no AC car has animations other than "push lever up and then let it flop back" or "pull lever down and then let it flop back"

Ahh! You guys just reminded me of a question I've wanted to ask Stereo for quite a while. I'm a fan of your awesome app "Odometer". The app can work in real-time if you have it displayed, so why can't our cars have working odometers in their dash? I understand that any crashes or various other problems can result in lost mileage data as you point out on the Odometer app page. I think we'd all be okay with that just to at least watch mileage tick by while driving.

If you don't have this app, you're nuts. Go download it. It's super lightweight.

That's just a persistent rumor, no AC car has animations other than "push lever up and then let it flop back" or "pull lever down and then let it flop back"
Yes, the driver animation is always the same, but the gear lever has different positions depending on the gear you selected.
Many don't notice because the difference is only minor.
Also in most cars you don't the the lever so it's not really that important to have this behaviour in other cars as well.

Eh, AC does have a proper H-pattern animation - but only for the Lotus Type 49 I think. I have just never seen anyone do that in a mod car... @Stereo , have you ever dug into that? Since you wrote the kasanim exporter, you'd be the first person to approach ;)

I've used that "proper H pattern" on my S800 (is not THAT proper as you can't adjust it to a gated shifter for example), but then like mentioned above there's the lack of different hand animations so... I don't get why they've implemented that kind of h pattern if no animations can go with it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.