Cars The Need For Speed

That's so true. First time I rode in a Stingray we went to a storage facility and it was parked in front of a Peterbuilt so the huge truck made it even worse but the car was so tiny in contrast to the pictures. It is so compact it's amazing just like the older Porsches and Ferraris they're so narrow and low. Good stuff. That said the Viper always seemed huge to me whenever I see it because of the proportions that are so comicbook like - in a good way.

While we're on the topic...sins of my youth taking Kodaks of cars at car shows:

Yeah that's a printed on license plate - 90s at its best.

And the Diablo...

Man love those pics, the 2nd one of the Viper looks epic. What kind of instagram filter did you use? :roflmao:

Man love those pics, the 2nd one of the Viper looks epic. What kind of instagram filter did you use? :roflmao:

DySUUfH.jpg

This one

Awesome seeing the Viper coming to life... and the C4... Superb work so far :) :thumbsup:
That RT10 looks so flipping cool in blue.

Sorry to hear about @aphidgod , thanks for you awesome work, may whatever you're doing work out well for you mate :)

Reactions: SVS
Some more progress... using some crappy old blueprints to check some of the shape.

EQeto7h.jpg

6cJPEsF.jpg
Lovely to see this, I really love this era and style of car. Not much knowledge of american cars though or model specifics - Will this version have this style of wheel?

I know many don't like them, but I think they are really nice, of the era if you know what I mean. Some nice thicc tyres too, none of this low profile rubbish cars have today ;)

1984-Corvette-C4.jpg

Superb work so far, can't wait to see more :)

Not a whole lot going on with the Viper visually but corrected some proportions,
adjusted wheelbase, rims offset, added measured disc brakes and calipers.

screenshot058.jpg

screenshot059.jpg

screenshot060.jpg

Just noticed the earliest model has this single pot caliper on the rear with a huge disc... weird.
s-l1600 (11).jpg

That's so good to hear. I was kinda worried about it hehe... That 993 is my personal fav of the pack you know...;) Nice to know it's in such caring hands.

That's so good to hear. I was kinda worried about it hehe... That 993 is my personal fav of the pack you know...;) Nice to know it's in such caring hands.
I too am absolutely looking forward to the Porsche 911 993, knowing of the quality of your mods thus far I am sure we will not be disappointed.

Which version of the 993 will you be building?
I do hope it's the 911 Carrera S (rear wheel drive) ;-)

Which version of the 993 will you be building?
I do hope it's the 911 Carrera S (rear wheel drive) ;-)
I'm guessing it's the base Carrera, as that's what was in the game from 1994 and the 2S wasn't available until 1997.

Though the S would probably be more fitting to the rest of the pack.

I believe someone mentioned wanting to make a GT2 Evo as well (competition for the F1 GTR)? Making a widebody 2S might not be out of question either then.

Last edited:
Yes, I kind of was afraid that might be the case but I am looking forward to ANY Porsche.
A C2 would be preferred, a GT2 EVO would be an absolute dream and would mix nicely with the Diablo Jota ;-)
Of course a 993 Turbo would be very interesting and truly fitting into the NFS franchise of true supercars of the 90's

… but then again we are dreaming of a whole other game:

need_for_speed_porsche_2000_complete_cover_stock_2_by_mighoet-d5sef7e.jpg

Not a whole lot going on with the Viper visually but corrected some proportions,
adjusted wheelbase, rims offset, added measured disc brakes and calipers.

View attachment 237496

Something I noticed around the headlights is that the angle of the corner of the bonnet should be less pointy, for example:

observation.png

Everything else is looking amazing. You've got the proportions right where so many modelers get the Viper wrong, I mean just look at the disaster that is Forza's model.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back