Cars The Need For Speed

Something I noticed around the headlights is that the angle of the corner of the bonnet should be less pointy, for example:

View attachment 237648

Everything else is looking amazing. You've got the proportions right where so many modelers get the Viper wrong, I mean just look at the disaster that is Forza's model.
Thanks, is not an easy car to get right, thanks to camera matching I've got most of the proportions right, there's always some fine tuning to do anyway.

That's a critical area of the Viper in general since the hood raises from the front first, from most pics I've gathered not all of them fit perfectly like your pic, in fact most have a bigger gap and more tight angle there like my model, see this one:

1B3BR65E3SV200917-26.jpg

Looks even sharper from this view:

1B3BR65E3SV200917-10.jpg

And here's another example:
1994-Dodge-Viper-RT-10_299498_low_res.jpg

On my model I went for something in between, not as large as it seems but neither fully closed:

screenshot063.jpg

screenshot064.jpg

Might do a better adjustment when I bake the AO, since right now it lacks the proper shadow in that place.

If you wish, I can donate my Viper RT-10. Is 430K polys in total. The wheels are 50K polys so you might need to re-do them from scratch. The tires can save you another 60K polys as the tire treads are modeled.

On my model I went for something in between, not as large as it seems but neither fully closed:

View attachment 237664
View attachment 237663

Might do a better adjustment when I bake the AO, since right now it lacks the proper shadow in that place.

I think it's safe to say the larger gap is the way it left the factory. Have to remember that a shitload of these got crashed and rebuilt - not always to full factory spec :)

If you wish, I can donate my Viper RT-10. Is 430K polys in total. The wheels are 50K polys so you might need to re-do them from scratch. The tires can save you another 60K polys as the tire treads are modeled.

I like to do things myself, but I wouldn't mind taking a look at that model if you want, send it by PM.

I think it's safe to say the larger gap is the way it left the factory. Have to remember that a shitload of these got crashed and rebuilt - not always to full factory spec :)

Yeah you're right, judging from the date those pics were taken is good proof that it came like that, or someone didn't fully close the hood :roflmao:

The hood opens from the back and since it arrests around the windscreen and at the side I'm assuming that gap is there so the panels don't touch at high speeds and in turns when they compress/deform.

IdmeNNG.jpg
Sure I know hood opens up like that but if you look at the sequence of how it actually opens, first it pops up from the front, then you lift it from the back.

That part where it "pops" at the front is what leaves that uneven gap I believe, that's why it's different on most of them. To close it, you pull it down from the back, then you have to push the front down to lock it. There's the issue, it locks at the center, but not on the edges.

Seeing your personal creations put to such creative use must be a great reward, as an artist. Two gorgeous vehicles, indistinguishable from the real world...I was grinning like a madman watching this video. Stuff like this is what I love to see...so cool. Unfortunately, before the end of the video my smile turned to sadness because I was thinking to myself, "Look at how those cars behave. No strange movement or exaggerated stiffness. The physics of these things is incredible..." :(

Please forgive me...I'm not trying to bum anyone out, but that was my honest reaction to watching this awesome video.

Anyhow, I'm sure I haven't been the only one thinking that when the entire NFS pack is finished, there has to be a NFS mini-movie made with all of the cars. There are plenty of tracks and plenty of awesome roads, like Tajo that would provide great backdrops show casing this pack. :D I'm not a great driver - especially drifting on command...I'm more of a slide and crash kind of guy. :laugh: :roflmao: But, I would certainly be willing to help in any way that I can...Driving camera cars...Driving for B-Roll...etc...

Working on the wheel and tire (C4 ZR-1)...
xmAHj1a.jpg
Ah yes! Them's the wheels all right.
I personally think they are heinous looking mid-1980s piss-poor design akin to a Chevy Corsica's hubcaps, but a C4 has gotta have those wheels to look like a proper C4. :)

I have a feeling that the ZR-1 will be my favorite drive for a long time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.