Cars The Need For Speed

Brilliant work so far :thumbsup: That blue Viper reminds me of the Flowerbed-Viper some dude put in his backyard :geek:

12238320_419055374961254_7955837835809786619_o.jpg

27748104_757221884477933_8867932862281450343_o.jpg

So... Will your mod version feature flowers as well? ;) With all this toxity some flowers could save everyone's day.

Perhaps modders should include the number of hours and months it took to create the content they upload to RD. This might help some people realize the time and effort it takes to create cars, tracks, etc.
It's a bit difficult to say cause it's all "spare time" rather than a steady 8 hours a day but yeah it's literally hundreds of hours in the well-made mods, usually spread over more than a year. The F350 I made is probably under 100 hours but only cause I very intentionally aimed for modest goals.

Yeah, for those of us modelers, who do this as a hobby, chances are, we do not work as fast as the professionals, so it takes a lot more time. Plus, the requirements for the quality (more details etc.) of the content has grown a lot over the last five years, again requiring more time to model.

Getting back on topic, the Viper looks very good. The Viper has one of the most fluid and round shape ever designed for a car. :)

I wish I could take up modeling the ZR-1, cause I love those cars.

Perhaps modders should include the number of hours and months it took to create the content they upload to RD. This might help some people realize the time and effort it takes to create cars, tracks, etc.
I would be ashamed as of how little time I put in it compared to the big players:p

Brilliant work so far :thumbsup: That blue Viper reminds me of the Flowerbed-Viper some dude put in his backyard :geek:

So... Will your mod version feature flowers as well? ;) With all this toxity some flowers could save everyone's day.
Boy, that’s some expensive flower pot. :geek:

Sheez, now instead of doing the hardtop as an option, I'll have to do the flower pot thing :roflmao:

I wish I could take up modeling the ZR-1, cause I love those cars.

Well if there's someone I can trust with that car is you, so if you want to give it a shot, I'd be glad to share all the reference I've got so far and coordinate efforts.

Well if there's someone I can trust with that car is you, so if you want to give it a shot, I'd be glad to share all the reference I've got so far and coordinate efforts.
Hehe, you can probably do it in about a month or so, it will take me at least six months (if I get to work on it 8h-16h a week) just to get the main model done :)

Last edited:
Well the offer still stands, keep in mind I have to do the Viper and 993 in the meantime, and this isn't a rushed project :cool:

Btw after you get the RT in a sort of finish state you can swap theinterior into the RSS viper and be able to have the Coupe Viper

And maybe this one on the to do list ...its just beautifull

162310_Rear_3-4_Web.JPG

This is a suggestion btw :thumbsup:

See this is one of those cars that has that special "character" it doesnt need vents to be apreciated

You can see it was designed by one person only

Btw after you get the RT in a sort of finish state you can swap theinterior into the RSS viper and be able to have the Coupe Viper

And maybe this one on the to do list ...its just beautifull

162310_Rear_3-4_Web.JPG

This is a suggestion btw :thumbsup:

See this is one of those cars that has that special "character" it doesnt need vents to be apreciated

You can see it was designed by one person only

Like we talked previously, yeah, of course I'm considering doing the street GTS, but not before the '84 Testarossa :cool: both as spin-offs from this project.
Wish it would be as easy as grabbing parts fron the GTS-R but only the basic shell could be usable, the rest is 100% race car.

This one was in Gran Tursimo 2 if I'm not wrong ?

The GTS and GTS-R were featured in most GT games I believe, not as the RT/10 only in the first GT:
http://www.igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Dodge&model=Viper+RT

And seems like no other game had a proper representation of this car either.

Small progress here and there, but something at least:
screenshot052.jpg

screenshot053.jpg

Man... I remember when the Viper first appeared, I hated it. To me, it looked like you could land a plane on it's engine hood it was so long...Oh, I just did not like the RT-10. Now I do like the way the current Gen Viper's look.

What's making me laugh is, for as much as I did not like that RT-10 if it were up to me and we could only get one Viper created for Assetto Corsa I would pick the RT-10! :D :laugh: While the RT-10 certainly was no slouch...it was anything but...I'm sure the RT-10 will be trickier to push hard compared to a current day GTS or ACR, for sure.

On a final note, I feel absolutely gutted that Aphigod has been pushed to his breaking point... A3DR & Aphidgod, you guys were making such sublime mods together. It doesn't surprise me at all, however, as all you have to do is follow along with a thread dedicated toward a particular car or track and see how ungrateful, pushy and rude many people can be toward modders - and then have the nerve to belittle those who have made the decision to ask for a couple of bucks for their work. I'm sure those that yell the loudest are the least informed as to what it takes to build a single track or a single car from absolutely nothing. :(

I loved the RT10 Viper when it was released, that is until the Viper GTS was released. That car still makes me pause when I see it in person, simply breathtaking. I cut my teeth on the Viper in the NFS 1 game on the PS1, which is still without question the best NFS game ever made, IMHO.

Racing through traffic on point to point courses was everything. I think the next NFS was loop circuits, arghhhhhh!

I'd love to see point to point circuits in a modern street car sim. Considering that AC has that physics bug when you get more than 8km from the center of the track, P2P seems like a good idea.

Had a similar reaction when the first Viper came out, actually, it was thanks to NFS that I've got to know it. Back then internet wasn't a thing yet, at least where I was living, so having all that info and videos on a PC was incredible. Loved the car since that first model and when I saw the GTS it was unbelievable, since then to me those are the only models that comes to mind when somebody says "Viper", later gens just don't have the same "awesomeness" factor to me.

I'd love to see point to point circuits in a modern street car sim. Considering that AC has that physics bug when you get more than 8km from the center of the track, P2P seems like a good idea.

There are plenty of mods out there, sure AC has it's bugs with larger tracks but nothing that stop us from enjoying them.

There are plenty of mods out there, sure AC has it's bugs with larger tracks but nothing that stop us from enjoying them.

I agree. I'd just like an option where races could continue across multiple P2P circuits similar to NFS 1. Lately I've been obsessed with the Aspertsham course with the AI mod, racing down those narrow roads is amazing!

Yeah, the love/hate relationship about american cars.. I just hate (actually "don't like) them all but the El camino
I'll never understand hating cars based on their nationality. All of the major car producing countries have made some great cars, and some boring or bad ones.

Speaking of the original Viper, one thing that has always struck me when seeing one in person, is just how small the thing is. Really does look like a futurist's idea of a Shelby Cobra (which was the intention, obviously). Can't wait to see how it drives, the good and the bad.

Speaking of the original Viper, one thing that has always struck me when seeing one in person, is just how small the thing is. Really does look like a futurist's idea of a Shelby Cobra (which was the intention, obviously). Can't wait to see how it drives, the good and the bad.
What is actually strange, is that most sports cars look bigger in game than in real life...;)

What is actually strange, is that most sports cars look bigger in game than in real life...;)

That's so true. First time I rode in a Stingray we went to a storage facility and it was parked in front of a Peterbuilt so the huge truck made it even worse but the car was so tiny in contrast to the pictures. It is so compact it's amazing just like the older Porsches and Ferraris they're so narrow and low. Good stuff. That said the Viper always seemed huge to me whenever I see it because of the proportions that are so comicbook like - in a good way.

While we're on the topic...sins of my youth taking Kodaks of cars at car shows:

Yeah that's a printed on license plate - 90s at its best.

And the Diablo...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea