Cars The Need For Speed

I know we like to kid around about @A3DR's ability to model beautiful cars quite quickly, but I'm sure he can tell stories about the thousands and thousands of hours of work, pulling out his hair, having to restart projects, that he put into learning his craft to get to this point of skill. Fortunately, for all of us, he likes to build super cool cars for Assetto Corsa. :D
I think any modder can tell these stories :p Difference between many modders and A3DR is that he is a modeler by profession as well. I, for example, am a software developer instead.

Indeed. When I was younger, I could spare 3-4 hours a day (and full weekends quite often) modding and modeling. Now, I'm lucky, if I have a few hours a week for modding. And quite often, I find that these hours are well spent elsewhere. Unlike A3DR, I'm not a professional modeler, so it takes me a lot more time to create a model from scratch.
Yeah mate that is just it...and sometimes an hour here or there isn't effective...
It's better for me.. as a slow newb... to have a bigger block of time... most of which is spent scratching my head wondering why a certain thing is going.... wonky! :D

Whenever, wherever and however you've spent your time, the NSX is a stunning piece of work mate :) Well done!

Thanks John, yeah I know it takes time, wish there would be someone interested in the same cars I do to make the sounds. Just like working with Jason on the physics, we share a similar taste in cars so it's just a matter of adding 1 + 1.
The problem is the lack of interest (or at least that's what it seems) from the few sound modders out there. Some of them prefer to waste time re-doing sounds for the official cars (what's the point of that?) instead of doing sounds for a car that actually needs it.

Why is it a waste to do sounds for the official cars? They are used 99% online and some cars sound really outdated, so it adds a lot to the multiplayer experience.

Why is it a waste to do sounds for the official cars? They are used 99% online and some cars sound really outdated, so it adds a lot to the multiplayer experience.

Because they already have their own sounds, sure, they can be improved, but in my opinion that time would be better spent on cars that don't have any, like these for example.

Translated to 3D, what would you say if I'd be making the same official cars because I think I can make them better, instead of spending that time in creating new, non existent cars?

After all we're all in the same community here, so it would benefit us all to have sound modders focusing on creating new sounds instead of working on what's already done.

Could you imagine?

Let's cancel the rest of the pack and do an AE86, ST185 and an Elise instead. I bet your Elise would be amazing, and the other two sure could be improved upon.

No? Doesn't sound so great?

Could you imagine?

Let's cancel the rest of the pack and do an AE86, ST185 and an Elise instead. I bet your Elise would be amazing, and the other two sure could be improved upon.

No? Doesn't sound so great?
BMW e90 and 1M coupe are looking a bit long in the tooth, maybe those need redoing too? Far better than new, original content for AC :p

Could you imagine?
Let's cancel the rest of the pack and do an AE86, ST185 and an Elise instead.
Obviously everyone would slightly prefer a Dodge Viper, Corvette C4, Porsche 993..

And why bother with the ST185... Skip it and do the epic ST205 GT Four ;)
With a Castrol skin of course :thumbsup: :D
12f9f87bb0d0b5edc61fb96571942146.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks John, yeah I know it takes time, wish there would be someone interested in the same cars I do to make the sounds. Just like working with Jason on the physics, we share a similar taste in cars so it's just a matter of adding 1 + 1.
The problem is the lack of interest (or at least that's what it seems) from the few sound modders out there. Some of them prefer to waste time re-doing sounds for the official cars (what's the point of that?) instead of doing sounds for a car that actually needs it.

@A3DR
If i remember i was doing the sound for the Diablo but then i saw also amplified doing it in the same project ... so i became a bit lost here and stop the current work

Where do we stay ?

Last edited:
Wtf man, I mean how fast are you with your mod releases .. oh, I see, you haven't released anything. And I think you GREATLY underestimate the work needed for a car or a track. I could send you my engineering books, we could need a few more good physics guys, free of charge of course.
You can send those over and maybe I get the hang of it, hehe
I'm studying engineering in college, but I'm a freshman and the real deal begins after year three..

I haven't taken the time to fix the lambos interior sound yet because I probably need to start over again and I've been rather busy lately. Frustrating breaking bug I also had once with the fulvia at the time breaking the pitch shifting. As I'm also doing some private paid work at the moment I'm not stopping Fonsecker or whomever to also make a sound of course if they want to.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back