Cars The Need For Speed

Most likely not... several of them have completely ridiculous bankings and elevations, and the point-to-point tracks are apparently not accessible as models in the same way as the circuits are. Rusty Springs may be the only one that translates to AC in a meaningful way.

Better than nothing. :)

Also the fact they are considered a rip they aren't allowed to be uploaded on RD, which makes it a bit pointless to convert them or they would need to be remodeled from scratch.

Would be cool, but I doubt somebody will put in the effort for this as the appeal for them is pretty limited outside the use of the NfS cars.

Agree, but its the wrong thread... ;) Maybe someone will want to make some SFX for the 550 Maranello later :D

Not really, the assembly of the gearbox controls between the TR/512TR/512M and 550 are very close if not nearly identical to each other. The sounds are absolutely identical and more importantly a couple pages back there was a share request regarding any gated shifter sound of a Ferrari of the 90s/early 2000s as recordings are so rare so I'm sure this will work quite well for the TR ;)

Check these and you'll see what I mean, look at the mechanics that make it 'click' and you'll see the parts are all there, the location/layout is just different which wouldn't change the sound much.

http://www.allferrariparts.com/tbl11934.html

http://www.allferrariparts.com/tbl11480.html

This also applies to the 355 etc.

Not really, the assembly of the gearbox controls between the TR/512TR/512M and 550 are very close if not nearly identical to each other. The sounds are absolutely identical and more importantly a couple pages back there was a share request regarding any gated shifter sound of a Ferrari of the 90s/early 2000s as recordings are so rare so I'm sure this will work quite well for the TR ;)

Check these and you'll see what I mean, look at the mechanics that make it 'click' and you'll see the parts are all there, the location/layout is just different which wouldn't change the sound much.

http://www.allferrariparts.com/tbl11934.html

http://www.allferrariparts.com/tbl11480.html

This also applies to the 355 etc.
Hehe, yeah I thought they would be similar. Just means if anyone want to take on the work it could apply to more than one car :D

Interesting, now we need someone to actually work on the sounds of these cars :sleep:
Too true mate, I think you made pretty good choices of which default cars sounds to use... But there is obviously something lacking... nothing too much to spoil the enjoyment... With some luck hopefully @Amplified will nail them soon :)

It's probably your own fault mate... that the cars are so amazing... which makes the sound a little more noticeably lacking ;) I don't think there was any mention of sound on the "outlaw" lol

You just need to find someone with an audio scanning mode, like your polygon scanning vision mode :D
As with most things, these things unfortunately take some time.

Thanks John, yeah I know it takes time, wish there would be someone interested in the same cars I do to make the sounds. Just like working with Jason on the physics, we share a similar taste in cars so it's just a matter of adding 1 + 1.
The problem is the lack of interest (or at least that's what it seems) from the few sound modders out there. Some of them prefer to waste time re-doing sounds for the official cars (what's the point of that?) instead of doing sounds for a car that actually needs it.

Thanks John, yeah I know it takes time, wish there would be someone interested in the same cars I do to make the sounds. Just like working with Jason on the physics, we share a similar taste in cars so it's just a matter of adding 1 + 1.
The problem is the lack of interest (or at least that's what it seems) from the few sound modders out there. Some of them prefer to waste time re-doing sounds for the official cars (what's the point of that?) instead of doing sounds for a car that actually needs it.
Actually, i'm seeing a general lack of interest towards modding individually. URD, VRC, ASR, IER, the team that's making the drm revival... are all great teams but individually, there's you, @aphidgod, @Fonsecker, @NeverKrash, @mclarenf1papa lending his hand sometimes and you know what, let's add @The-IC to that list. If he can release all those cars he's making in the next six months, he'll deserve absolute praise. (track modders not included)

Yeah, there are a <snip< ton of other modders out there but what's the point of writing them if their output is a single <snip< car in the duration of one <snip< year?

Mod-Edit:
Is it so hard for you to follow our rules ?
<sniped> the words we DON'T want here.

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries mate :)
I find it really hard to believe that sound modders aren't leaping to do sounds for these <SNIP> iconic cars! I can't see it being a lack of interest...
maybe like with me taking on massive track projects... maybe they have projects backing up...
and can't get around to doing them... who knows? It is very strange IMO.

I totally agree with you, what's the point of re-doing the sounds for the official cars...
Maybe they're more into their racing cars... as most, if not all of the replacement Kunos car sounds are for the race cars...
Just as to some people, my tracks are not their thing, prefering actual race tracks, to roads... It is what it is, no point questioning it really :)

Actually, i'm seeing a general lack of interest towards modding individually. URD, VRC, ASR, IER are all great teams but individually, there's you, @aphidgod, @Fonsecker, @mclarenf1papa lending his hand sometimes and you know what, let's add @The-IC to that list. If he can release all those cars he's making in the next six months, he'll deserve absolute praise. (track modders not included)

Yeah, there are a ton of other modders out there but what's the point of writing them if their output is a single car in the duration of one year?
Appreciate what you're saying SunBro, but some of those "sh*t ton" of modders are doing their projects in their free-time.
And as I'm finding out... Time can be a scarce commodity. So I personally salute the modders even releasing one car a year... They're doing it for their love of cars and/or racing.
It's also not their fault @A3DR just has to blink and polygons are created :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate what you're saying SunBro, but some of those "sh*t ton" of modders are doing their projects in their free-time.
And as I'm finding out... Time can be a scarce commodity. So I personally salute the modders even releasing one car a year... They're doing it for their love of cars and/or racing.
It's also not their fault @A3DR just has to blink and polygons are created :D
Indeed. When I was younger, I could spare 3-4 hours a day (and full weekends quite often) modding and modeling. Now, I'm lucky, if I have a few hours a week for modding. And quite often, I find that these hours are well spent elsewhere. Unlike A3DR, I'm not a professional modeler, so it takes me a lot more time to create a model from scratch.

Yeah, there are a sh*t ton of other modders out there but what's the point of writing them if their output is a single fu*king car in the duration of one fu*king year?

Wtf man, I mean how fast are you with your mod releases .. oh, I see, you haven't released anything. And I think you GREATLY underestimate the work needed for a car or a track. I could send you my engineering books, we could need a few more good physics guys, free of charge of course.

I know we like to kid around about @A3DR's ability to model beautiful cars quite quickly, but I'm sure he can tell stories about the thousands and thousands of hours of work, pulling out his hair, having to restart projects, that he put into learning his craft to get to this point of skill. Fortunately, for all of us, he likes to build super cool cars for Assetto Corsa. :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 13.9%