Cars The Need For Speed

We're getting spoiled here... Incredible work. Reminds me of the old commercial:
"Is it real or is it Memorex?"

heh thanks man, I must stop drooling over my keyboard and finish this thing.... :roflmao:

Showroom_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_24-7-2017-12-22-43.jpg

Showroom_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_24-7-2017-12-22-2.jpg

Yeah there was a caramel brown too which in combination with the midnight blue is a pure revelation. Just like the screenshot you just posted is a pure revelation :).

Care to make a list of cool color combos? I wouldn't mind doing them :D my head is burned out already :coffee::coffee:

There are still plenty of details to take care of, small stuff that can be time consuming like placing all the decals on the buttons, making the instrumentation textures, more and more testing, etc.
Lucky for us the physics are done :cool:

Have I missed something? Thought it will be released at the end of this year as a pack with all the other cars.
Or are you gonna released it earlier as a single car? :O_o:

heh thanks man, I must stop drooling over my keyboard and finish this thing.... :roflmao:

View attachment 208259
View attachment 208260

Care to make a list of cool color combos? I wouldn't mind doing them :D my head is burned out already :coffee::coffee:
boy this is gorgeous!
That blue looks like a 348/355
Sound wise, what will you use? I was thinking, you might find something good once the Ferrari DLC is released. -me checking list again- hmm only the 288 is from the same era, and missing few cylinders :p

Haha...I'd love to. I have some refs of some seriously cool special order options. I'll put something together. Nothing too crazy, maybe 7 or 8 combos.

By the way if you don't mind some observations on the front fascia and fender/hood panel gaps:

N3DZLFQ.png

I know you don't wanna go too deep into this and there'll always be something but I just noticed this stuff and thought what the hell :).

The headlight seems to be tilted a bit more and the edges around the grill and headlights are a bit sharper and more pronounced. Also the panel gap between the pop up light and the side fender seems to widen a bit around the light. I marked some other minor things you'll understand. Again, not nitpicking here just noticed this in case you feel like looking at it.

ov4OhIL.jpg

boy this is gorgeous!
That blue looks like a 348/355
Sound wise, what will you use? I was thinking, you might find something good once the Ferrari DLC is released. -me checking list again- hmm only the 288 is from the same era, and missing few cylinders :p
Hey Ben, not sure what sound will fit best. I'll wait until it's done to try different options. Can't wait for the DLC, no idea when it's going to be released, though like you say, is not like there'll be a similar engine there.

@stingray_SIX_TWO good eye there! here's the closest I could match it, and the differences are very subtle. I'll see what I can do without messing with it too much. Had a lot of red cars as reference and is not as obvious as that yellow, the angle is perfect. Could be that the panel gaps are different on each car? some of the pics I have are tighter, others have more clearance between them.

eyething.jpg

About the Testarossa badge, I'm going for the '94-'95 model which I believe it doesn't have it, at least on the cars for sale I've seen from the US, it's missing.

Yes you're right they don't have it and also they have the ABS button and lamp which the early models didn't have. Also panel gaps will be different from car to car as they're all hand built so no one is like the other.

Yep figured, still, I like to dig into these little details. This is how subtle it is, but still makes a difference:

View attachment 208279

Bingo man. In combination with the area around the brake cooling ducts and headlights it will make quite a difference I'm sure and give it just that much more refinement. Thanks for taking the time to do these millimeter corrections :). That said I'm always amazed at that camera matching!!

As for colors here are some of the more rare combinations (and some special order options, some actually unidentified). I'd think about adding some of these on top of the standards:

rosso corsa - sabbia (red - tan)
rosso corsa - nero (red - black)
giallo - nero (yellow - black)
bianco - sabbia (white - tan)
nero - sabbia (black - tan)
nero - crema (black - cream)

'Sabbia' is the yellowish/tan color that's the 'standard tan' interior of Ferraris at the time. 'Crema' is kind of an off-white extremely light tan, think of sand on a beach in the sun. I'm putting all the italian names so you can simply google and the color will come right up.

My suggestions:

argento_metallizzato-sabbia
ufUQSSJ.jpg

nero_metallizzato-nero
qr6m1NJ.jpg

blu_sera_metallizzato-crema_(dash=nero)
xtrpZgF.jpg

Outlandish combination of flat black with all red interior (carpet, leather, dash)
nero-rosso_(all)
Q2HsA4e.jpg

WgQPVZJ.jpg

Special order color option
blu_chairo-sabbia
BJXzvYO.jpg

My personal favorite, special order color option (not rosso metallizzato) with saddle brown dash
special_order-sabbia_(dash=cuoio)
dyG34i1.jpg

TtDi48M.jpg

Finally a classic red metallic on an all tan interior
rosso_metallizzato-sabbia
5BlgOk8.png

wBsV8Yi.png

*Pumped :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 78 29.5%