Cars The Need For Speed

It's a 180 degree V12, if you want to get pedantic, rather than a boxer 12. (Difference being the crank pin arrangement.) 'Flat' is correct either way, I guess. :)

You just wrote the definition of a flat engine here, which differs from a boxer because of a cranckpin arrangment :D

As i can finally get back to some full time modding, here is a little sneak peak for the Diablo sound i worked on a long time ago updated for this new pearl of a mod :) The exterior already sounds really awesome and on point to my ears. So if i can also get the interior sound to work out properly i will let A3D implement them into his official release of the car.

On another note i will also be updating the Honda Prelude sound for the latest version as it got broken some time ago with the AC updates and all that. Its long overdue i suppose.

As i can finally get back to some full time modding, here is a little sneak peak for the Diablo sound i worked on a long time ago updated for this new pearl of a mod :) The exterior already sounds really awesome and on point to my ears. So if i can also get the interior sound to work out properly i will let A3D implement them into his official release of the car.

On another note i will also be updating the Honda Prelude sound for the latest version as it got broken some time ago with the AC updates and all that. Its long overdue i suppose.

This sounds just about right, but at those low rpm there is that static ringing noise, anyway to fix that?

It was 'only' a Testarossa (1984) afterall:

D6zQSE7.jpg

r7Vpmul.jpg

Loving that dust :)

cW0ISYu.jpg

HdVcCGF.jpg

mfHjIgd.jpg

mjrCMDL.jpg

dPSEBSF.jpg

I know I'm late but still maybe helpful when you deal with some details. I've got a ton of shots just like this from a complete walk around.

That's amazing! great shots, I'm REALLY tempted to do the '84 after seeing these pics.... argghhhh it never stops! like I don't have enough cars to do already :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: and on top of that I've started to watch Miami Vice from season one... :laugh:

Any chance you can upload all the pics on a single file to WeTransfer? or I can accommodate you a folder in my google drive. I can't let this opportunity pass :inlove: thank you so much for taking the time in sharing these pics!

Thanks man, seeing your pics reminded me of this... seen it on the Porsche 993 as well, not sure what it is or supposed to do:
View attachment 207974

Yep, while modeling the gated shifter I was thinking about that, shame we don't have anyone to do sounds.

Wrapping up for today, that center console took around 10k, and I didn't go crazy on it...!

View attachment 207971 View attachment 207972 View attachment 207973
That car was far ahead of its time. You're looking at the 512TR's Network Attached Storage (NAS). Those are hot-swappable HDDs. You got NoS? We got NAS! :sneaky: I would have never guessed those were actually cassette holders. Wow.

Are those tailpipes shaking?? :O_o: That's awesome. I never noticed that before. :confused:

That's amazing! great shots, I'm REALLY tempted to do the '84 after seeing these pics.... argghhhh it never stops! like I don't have enough cars to do already :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: and on top of that I've started to watch Miami Vice from season one... :laugh:
:laugh: :roflmao: I just started re-watching Miami Vice as well. By far my favorite TV show ever. That would be beyond awesome if you put out a 1984 Testarossa someday. :D

Someday, I hope you decide to do a timelapse video of yourself modelling a vehicle...the various stages edited together to see the final product. I'm so glad there are several other people following the thread who appreciate the beauty of a 3D mesh as much as I do. :D

Ok, to many quotes needed here :geek:

That car was far ahead of its time. You're looking at the 512TR's Network Attached Storage (NAS). Those are hot-swappable HDDs. You got NoS? We got NAS! :sneaky: I would have never guessed those were actually cassette holders. Wow.

Actually they do look like HDD's, they even seem to have a led?

Are those tailpipes shaking?? :O_o: That's awesome. I never noticed that before. :confused:

Yes indeed, almost every car I've made has that feature

:laugh: :roflmao: I just started re-watching Miami Vice as well. By far my favorite TV show ever. That would be beyond awesome if you put out a 1984 Testarossa someday. :D

By having such a good base already, I can't just let it go. I will do it, but can't say exactly when.

Someday, I hope you decide to do a timelapse video of yourself modelling a vehicle...the various stages edited together to see the final product. I'm so glad there are several other people following the thread who appreciate the beauty of a 3D mesh as much as I do. :D

Actually that's something I've had on the back of my head for a while. I suck at video editing or whatever that's needed to do that. I might get on it someday, see what happens.

Back to business... all WIP, but still some shaders already look decent and it's a nice change from the white-wireframe thing :giggle:

Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_miseluk_24-8-117-7-35-40.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_miseluk_24-8-117-7-34-7.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_miseluk_24-8-117-7-33-30.jpg
__custom_showroom_1503570422.jpg
__custom_showroom_1503570407.jpg
__custom_showroom_1503570379.jpg

Wow. 1st pic I thought was a real picture.*
And it was the licence plate (Edit: in the 2nd pic) that make me look twice to see it's in-game graphics.

I think that speaks for itself in term of the 3D model quality. :D

*maybe because your comment 'By having such a good base already, I can't just let it go' I was thrown for a moment, ofcourse full size it's different, but on the forum width image you really need to look closely

Last edited:
Wow. 1st pic I thought was a real picture.*
And it was the licence plate (Edit: in the 2nd pic) that make me look twice to see it's in-game graphics.

I think that speaks for itself in term of the 3D model quality. :D

*maybe because your comment 'By having such a good base already, I can't just let it go' I was thrown for a moment, ofcourse full size it's different, but on the forum width image you really need to look closely

On that note, I was talking about the '84 Testarossa :)

One tricky bit is to get the interior color to look right on different lighting situations when is not black
Showroom_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_24-7-2017-8-49-38.jpg

__custom_showroom_1503575293.jpg

Attachments

• Showroom_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_24-7-2017-8-49-38.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 209
  • Showroom_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_24-7-2017-8-49-38.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 207
Leather toning on this is tricky. I already saw that during research for the Daytona. I always thought there were two tan leather options one dark and one light/bright one but it turns out these three are all the same (!) interior:

These two shots are of the same car, taken outside in the shade and one in direct sunlight/shade:

3IGr7it.jpg

En3hE7R.jpg

This one is a different car, in direct sunlight, same mileage and interior color code:

V320ZAp.jpg

I've seen multiple 512TRs live and all but two had this tan interior, it always looked like the latter picture kind of a very light yellowish tan color, not brown and not beige. Maybe aim for the color tone on the door panel in sunlight.

Oh and all TRs had green tint in the windows (very light) that in combination with the slightly darker toned headliner might have an effect on the shades of the interior.

Certainly black and red interiors are less of an issue :D.

Yeah I'll have to spend some extra time there to get it right. I didn't find any pics with a different color combo (tan/black or full black) and there are two shades of that tan available, as well as other colors... but couldn't find any real pics, only color codes.

In the meantime....

Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_ks_black_cat_county_24-8-117-11-43-4.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 53 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 55 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 31 12.2%