Cars The Need For Speed

Could you do a side by side shot of the two lambos just so the differences can be compared in the model at least.
Pretty similar. Different front bumper, side skits, wing, reflectors, badge on the bonnet, no scoops on the rear deck are the notable visual differences I think.

Nice to see several trims of the car making it into the sim.

Well not "several", but at least two... VT and SE30 Jota.

Could you do a side by side shot of the two lambos just so the differences can be compared in the model at least.

Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_eltsu_f3ct_9-6-117-13-56-15.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_eltsu_f3ct_9-6-117-13-55-27.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_eltsu_f3ct_9-6-117-13-55-4.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_eltsu_f3ct_9-6-117-13-54-38.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_eltsu_f3ct_9-6-117-13-54-2.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_eltsu_f3ct_9-6-117-13-52-45.jpg

Besides, the VT is US spec while the Jota is Euro :D

Last edited:
I don't understand all the "OMG This needs to be official content!!" rhetoric. From a fan/player point of view this would be the worst thing for us. If it put some money into the creators pockets, congratulations...That's VERY well deserved, but from a fan's point of view, not so great. "Contract A3DR & Aphigod"? Again...very good for them, but very bad for players who've now lost the 2 best mod car creators in the game.

I don't understand all the "OMG This needs to be official content!!" rhetoric. From a fan/player point of view this would be the worst thing for us. If it put some money into the creators pockets, congratulations...That's VERY well deserved, but from a fan's point of view, not so great. "Contract A3DR & Aphigod"? Again...very good for them, but very bad for players who've now lost the 2 best mod car creators in the game.

I tend to agree with you, and do not wish to speak on behalf of others, especially these two fantastic modders,

But they bring a sense of freedom and creativity which is not tied to a rigid KS schedule and development plan,

That for me is their true value to our community, besides their obvious raw talent,

With these guys around Xmas does not only come once a year, and that's priceless..........

Not that my job is worth much without models to work with, though. :p
Kunos has acquired quite a bunch of modders for models tho, on freelance basis for individual cars. The list on the last page of credits is growing with every DLC. Aris probably expects that any 3rd party physics work would need just as much time for him correcting/testing as if he did it himself from scratch

Well I've had a similar point of view in regards to that comment, but I've learned to take it as some sort of compliment more than anything else. I guess it's a way of saying "hey your work is as good as official content" and that's a good thing, so, nothing to complain here.

While you might think that if I work for Kunos I won't be here anymore, well, that's wrong. I already do 3D cars for a living, and still make time to share my own projects here, so I don't see why that will change if I ever get hired to do something for them.
Besides, we make a solid team with Jason, so why throw that away?

I have no idea why most, if not all of the guys who make cars for Kunos don't make free mods anymore, that's just sad, and is not a road I'll ever want to take (where are they?). I know some personally, others through Skype or email, but most of them don't work for Kunos anymore, and those who do, cannot share anything.

Kunos has acquired quite a bunch of modders for models tho, on freelance basis for individual cars. The list on the last page of credits is growing with every DLC. Aris probably expects that any 3rd party physics work would need just as much time for him correcting/testing as if he did it himself from scratch

I was addressing the hiring comments, I guess, not the buying of individual car models.

Kunos is well aware of Dan's work and they've been interested in a few of these cars in principle, but as always it comes down to licensing. It has nothing to do with the quality of the work that they remain mods. :)

Looks like I ruffled some feathers with my comment. I'll refrain from commenting in this thread again then. Apparently talented modders are not allowed to get rewarded. Apparently contract work prevents people from working on anything else ever again. And apparently mods being brought to AC as official content didn't release as free content, was just my imagination.

Looks like I ruffled some feathers with my comment. I'll refrain from commenting in this thread again then. Apparently talented modders are not allowed to get rewarded. Apparently contract work prevents people from working on anything else ever again. And apparently mods being brought to AC as official content didn't release as free content, was just my imagination.
Relax man, you have good intentions, people criticise everything so try not to take it too hard.

Awesome project! NFS 1 was the first PC game I bought and I still have the box standing proudly on my shelf.

Had a blast when cruising on Pacific Coast today together with a buddy.

14EDDC9C46782663019FE80E205F3B9F1EFB3C39

3845C2179EB4498E376DC4B2697D898C2D3FD75E

Last edited:
@A3DR - I've also believed that sometimes the comment is probably a way of saying "Your work is so good it easily qualifies for official content status/quality". There is no question whatsoever that you & aphidgod make an incredible team. Perhaps I'm just being biased toward your work, but it really seems to me that the cars are getting better and better with each release. The Veloce-GTS is still one of my favorite cars to drive. :) The Boss 302 and this Lambo are just out of this world...You guys are setting the bar incredibly high for the Need For Speed package. :D ;) Just kidding...although I am definitely on pins & needles looking forward to driving those cars.

@aphidgod -- I know we're talking about a RWD vs AWD car, but when you're doing the Diablo VT are you able to copy the physics from the SE30 Jota over to the Diablo VT data folder and then make adjustments as necessary? I'm sure there are many changes that need to be made - I'm not insinuating it's an easy copy/paste job, but I am curious if you find it easier to start from scratch again as if the Jota didn't exist rather than trying to turn one car into another.

Actually these were the other way around.

We decided to do a Diablo last year, talked about it for a bit and settled on the early VT. I spent months researching & forum combing until the VT was basically done and then I started thinking about a step upgrade. The SE30 was the obvious choice, given it was the most developed and circuit-ready of the early generation cars. (The Chrysler Diablos, not the Audi Diablos.) I did copy the VT physics over as a base to work from. Naturally many changes were then made, but the Jota is an evolution of the standard car IRL and it's been done much the same way in AC.

When the Diablo project morphed into the NFS project we changed tactics and decided to release the upgrade as a standalone car, which is why the Jota came out first.

As for setting the bar, I'd say if anything the VT is more polished than the Jota. Of all the cars I've done, I think it's my favorite. (Although I've been working on the 512 for 2 years and it's a close contender.)

Last edited:
I'm glad it's out there though, it's made a wonderful dev mule. ;)

Like the Diablo, I pieced together a very complete data set for the TR. They pair nicely.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing a bit about the process, aphidgod. I wish I could be a fly on the wall during the building process of cars in Assetto Corsa. Yours with A3DR, any of the Kunos car builders, etc...I find that stuff so interesting. :) That's awesome to hear you're really pleased with the Ferrari Testarossa. I really look forward to getting behind the wheel of that one. :thumbsup:

I have been wanting this for a couple of years now. This looks like a project I would love to support in any way I can.. Would it be possible to port the tracks? Even with it's low poly graphic it would be such a great experience to drive coastal in Assetto Corsa :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back