Cars The Need For Speed

C4 for the win! By the way, don't mean to highjack this thread but since there was a C4 recently on the Smoking Tire I guess I have somewhat of a relevance when asking: Which C4 is actually gonna be included for NFS?

The first:

The last:

The regular:

The '93 40th Anniversary ruby:

The design was is and will remain timeless AFAIC.

I'll reply to this on the right thread: In all these cars I'm aiming for 93-95 models, depends on the variations on each. Problem with the Vette is that they've used an early ZR1, judging from the rims on the game pictures and model, these were only available in 1990:

vettezr1.jpg

My source: http://www.mirrockcorvette.com/corvette-parts-guide-wheels.html

Last edited:
Don´t feel bad, I´ve taken over 50 hours to replicate a skin. Looking at what all the stickers say, approval, private testing, refuel limits, etc. Just to find out that it´s not readable after scaling it down to 4k.
Yeah I write psy-styled music and sometimes I'll be there for 15-20 hours on 5 seconds of sound. It gets intense. There's even been a couple tracks I made recently that took since 2010 to figure out what to even do with (melody-wise). Time is stupid, but if time doesn't exist to you, then only the research and progression is there.
And both their research and progression has shown, 5/5 :D

Actually that is a 1990 model and the wheels are unique to this model year ZR-1. They are virtually identical wheels to reg Corvettes of that year except 11-inches wide in the rear. In 1991 when all Corvettes received their facelift the ZR-1 rear was adopted to all models and the new front with wrap around light band was adopted to the ZR-1. Unique rockers, rear quarter and rear panels continued to be used until 1995.

The only significant difference is that the ZR-1 continued to have the center third brake light mounted on the roof while all other models had it incorporated into the rear panel from 1991 onward. Probably because of the pre-manufactured ZR-1 specific rear panels. The wheels from 1991 onward followed the earlier tradition and were the regular rims only widened to 11in in the back. This is only recognizable by a deeper crease in the wheel center. The ZR-1 badge was added in 1992 as well as two rectangular exhaust outlets for all models.

Yeah I'm a fan :D.

Yeah! sorry why the heck I wrote 1991... fixed :) thanks for the info.

Still, strange they didn't use a 93-94 model for the game in this case.

Funny thing is the price quoted in the game is $66k which roughly equates to the 1993 Base ZR-1 price. The model also only seems to be available in Polo Green Metallic. Maybe it was a licensing issue. Can't imagine that they got their hands on all the Euro exotics but couldn't find a '93/'94 ZR-1 which were produced in the 1000s.

The game's not actually consistent, it has early and later front end ZR-1s in its irl photos. Although most of them are that dark green earlier model which I guess is the one they actually rented to make the video.

Since thinking up projects is easier than carrying them out I was plotting out the GPL version of NFS, ie. the 1967 season - you'd have the tiny Honda S600 and Toyota 2000GT, the first rotary Mazda in the Cosmo, a C2 or C3 corvette, Dodge Charger, Ferrari 275, Lambo Miura, and then one car that changed zero between 1967 and 1995 the Porsche 911.

Yes, that's why I find it strange that they've used an older model. Color wise, I think it was a matter of textures and memory size back then, keep in mind the game is hugely optimized to run even on a 486 DX on it's lowest graphical settings, so I guess they opted to use the same colors as their test cars.

Ooohhh I played Car&Driver a lot! (Why am I so old!?) That one hat the 57 Ferrari 250 Testarossa :inlove: I hope I get to vote for that for the Ferrari DLC.

No worries, my day job includes a healthy, constant dose of forum-sourced feature brainstorms. I'm well versed in ignoring the f--- out of people. :D

(Except when they say something really insightful - I've incorporated more than a few user requests into my designs over the years.)

Hello
So I downloaded the nsx mod and install. I select car in game and click start. But the game will not load it. Am I missing something ? I unzip file in to AC content cars . File created 2 folders nsx and nsxs1

Judging by how gorgeous the Diablo is... My monitor is getting really impatient to display the lovely shiny Testarossa ;) lol

The NSX does not work in the current version of AC. I'm working on an update, please be patient. :)
Total respects for the awesome NSX mate, take your time.... everyone knows it's worth the wait ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%