Cars The Need For Speed

Once this project is finished, all we'll need is a Porsche 911 Turbo (930), Lotus Esprit Turbo & de-ZR1 that C4 Corvette and we've got ourselves the original:

TkProHp.jpg

Countach from Kunos and Testarossa from the NFS Pack. :D Oh, the Pacific Coast Highway track will make a fine stand-in for the single road course Test Drive offered. :cool:

Btw, on the Supercars Expansion Disk for TD2 which included all TD1 cars, there was also the RUF CTR we already have. Unfortunately the period correct 84' Testa is a way more appropriate rival for the 5000QV (on TD1/2 it's the fugly US safety bumpered version with starving pgm-fi), as it weights more and has substantially less power than the later 512TR. I've asked about its performance vs the Countach a few pages back also because of TD1 :D.

While we wait, here are the obligatory 512TR (that Enigma'esque music is so 90's!) and Diablo showcase clips from TNFS:

Last edited:
I'd love to see a "Class 0" with 959, Enzo, XJ220... :unsure:
And what madness is it that there was no Esprit in NFS? It would fit so well.

Oh I totally agree mate... I knew there was another gorgeous design I missed... An @A3DR XJ220... Now that will be a thing of ultimate beauty :) Even if the actual XJ220 got some criticism when it was launched, not in the design department though!

Once this project is finished, all we'll need is a Porsche 911 Turbo (930), Lotus Esprit Turbo & de-ZR1 that C4 Corvette and we've got ourselves the original:
TkProHp.jpg

Countach from Kunos and Testarossa from the NFS Pack. :D Oh, the Pacific Coast Highway track will make a fine stand-in for the single road course Test Drive offered. :cool:
Most excellent! Test drive was why I made the gas stations on Pacific. I was really hoping someone would make the C4... when I started..
The fact that @A3DR is making the models.. and @aphidgod is doing the physics is such a great thing... It's going to be epic! If someone could make a radar detector mod to detect the police that would be hilarious :D

If there was a convertible version of the 512... with a blonde in the passenger seat, we'd also have Out Run lol

I've had to go through and "just" like some of your posts and screenshots...
After RaceDepartment has changed it's rating system....
Which must be pretty annoying for you... You've lost about a million ratings of Love and WOW!! What a pain in the.........

Here are some emoticon things... in an attempt to compensate for this....
:) :inlove: :thumbsup: :speechless: :cool: :notworthy: :) :inlove: :thumbsup: :speechless: :cool: :notworthy: :) :inlove: :thumbsup: :speechless: :cool: :notworthy:
:) :inlove: :thumbsup: :speechless: :cool: :notworthy: :) :inlove: :thumbsup: :speechless: :cool: :notworthy: :) :inlove: :thumbsup: :speechless: :cool: :notworthy:

I used to watch those showcases over and over again, so cool to see full motion video on a computer screen back then! I would love to have the time to recreate those videos in AC, but don't have the kind of video-making skills needed for that, or time to spend, either.

Yeah what the hell happened there with the rating? who would bother in changing that.... anyway, thanks for the compensation! :D

I used to watch those showcases over and over again, so cool to see full motion video on a computer screen back then! I would love to have the time to recreate those videos in AC, but don't have the kind of video-making skills needed for that, or time to spend, either.

Yeah what the hell happened there with the rating? who would bother in changing that.... anyway, thanks for the compensation! :D
How many hours have you spent in total with the diablo? I wonder if you work very fast or give a lot of free time for modding, or both lol

Jeez... I've probably put 50 hours into just the research, let alone the actual physics work. :(
The commitment you're putting into the physics is totally worth the time though mate... Without your physics they would just be beautiful to look at models.
It's a bit like with recording music mate... a lot of time goes into the arrangement, composition and production... And then the vocals go in and take most of the focus.

But it's all equally as important! :)

And a good thing for me - I make synthesizers for a living. I'm screwed if nobody loves those. :cautious:
This is just a bit off topic... But will only ask this... VST's or an actual physical synth?
Cool either way mate :)

Don't get me wrong, I find every bit of this stuff fun. Researching a new car is always a highlight. Bringing it to life is too. I just wish I could get that polished a result in 50 hours. :)
Things take as long as they take though... If I could make a 42km or 23km track in 50 hours... I'd love that lol
It is how it is mate... Research takes time.... The fact you find it fun is a big bonus :)
Don't worry about taking your time mate... we all appreciate the effort you put in :)
It's just as important as the stunning models @A3DR is making... I think someone else mentioned it...
You two make an excellent team... The Mustang is a masterpiece :)
A Diablo, Viper, 512, C4 and 993 made to that standard, is enough to get everyone that has Assetto more than a little excited ;)

This is just a bit off topic... But will only ask this... VST's or an actual physical synth?
Cool either way mate :)

Proper ones, of course. ;) ( www.manhattananalog.com )

The Mustang is a masterpiece :)
A Diablo, Viper, 512, C4 and 993 made to that standard, is enough to get everyone that has Assetto more than a little excited ;)

Thanks. I'm really glad the Boss came out so well. Mostly for Ron's sake - that car is clearly his 'one that got away' and to help bring it back to him, even if just in digital form, was pretty rewarding. On top of that everyone else seemed to like it too, so bonus for us. :D

I think you'll be happy with the first installment of the NFS cars. These are two of my best, if I'm allowed an opinion.

LOL speaking of research add 5 o 6 more hours to that on my end, of course I had to gather a lot of pics, mostly from auctions and ebay (that's where I almost went crazy with all the different interiors), plus some more shader and texture tweaking, let's say 65 hours for a finished and "polished" car, but most of that is taken by geometry work.
There's also testing in game, looking at replays, making sure everything looks and works like it should.

And yeah, physics wise, if you guys think the Mustang came out right, the Diablo is Jason's finest work so far. But y'all have to wait to try it :D

Proper ones, of course. ;) ( www.manhattananalog.com )
Thanks. I'm really glad the Boss came out so well. Mostly for Ron's sake - that car is clearly his 'one that got away' and to help bring it back to him, even if just in digital form, was pretty rewarding. On top of that everyone else seemed to like it too, so bonus for us. :D
I think you'll be happy with the first installment of the NFS cars. These are two of my best, if I'm allowed an opinion.
Sweet synths... You certainly have some supreme skills. And I hope you're not dissing the VST's lol I have some very very serious ones :)

Well if the NFS cars come out the same or better than the Mustang... then F***ing heck they're going to be good...
and as well as thanking yourself and A3DR... @ronniej certainly deserves thanking for enabling the Boss to be in Assetto... It's certainly a sweet ride :) I can see why it was the one that got away!
Sorry to say this... But... not everyone likes the Mustang... They love it ;)

LOL speaking of research add 5 o 6 more hours to that on my end, of course I had to gather a lot of pics, mostly from auctions and ebay (that's where I almost went crazy with all the different interiors), plus some more shader and texture tweaking, let's say 65 hours for a finished and "polished" car, but most of that is taken by geometry work.
There's also testing in game, looking at replays, making sure everything looks and works like it should.

And yeah, physics wise, if you guys think the Mustang came out right, the Diablo is Jason's finest work so far. But y'all have to wait to try it :D
You forgot to mention the added "research" testing out the collision meshes... By stacking it... trying to drive around my track ;) lol

... so you're saying you don't like my Ferrari? :D
hehe I haven't driven it yet, at least not as much as the Diablo, will do that next month for sure :)

You forgot to mention the added "research" testing out the collision meshes... By stacking it... trying to drive around my track ;) lol

Don't get me started, plugged in my G25 a couple of days ago, I was so close to finishing one lap... and straight down to hell after 15 minutes :roflmao:

Can remember that too, on my friend's 4x86 Pentium 90 - a rocket back then. I also vaguely remember that he was able to do a perfect lap at Monza in Grand Prix 2...from the replay camera perspective :D. The fidelity of the physics in that game was out of this world.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%