Cars The Need For Speed

Well the damage is almost better than what's on Assetto :whistling:

ALMOST!! lol, don't get me started, we're talking about almost 20 years ago and not only the cars had real time vertex deformation, but also detachable parts and could even be split in half.... today we have the best physics simulator out there, but set up in a perfect world where cars don't crumple to pieces if crashed :D

Someday we'll have Forza looks with BeamNG-level object physics and AC driving physics... and I'm sure we'll all still find something to bitch about. :D
Yeah I know, I don't play AC to destroy cars anyway, but to enjoy the beauty of them. Can't help but laugh when these kind of things happen though :roflmao:
Screenshot_ferrari_f40_ks_black_cat_county_8-4-117-17-28-47.jpg

The low poly Diablo is the best thing ive seen here ages, simply wonderful.

Kinda interested in how you baked the texture though.

Baked from a Vray scene I use to render my cars, with an HDR for reflections, using projection mapping on 3dsmax:
lambo_vray.jpg

Quick question, are you planning to create LODs for the main model? What's the polycount for the finished thing? :)
Yeah but I usually only lower the polycount by half for each, don't do a cockpit_LR either.
The complete model has 265k triangles.

Yeah but I usually only lower the polycount by half for each, don't do a cockpit_LR either.
The complete model has 265k triangles.
Do you have any specific tools/methods for creating the LOD or do you just delete the edges/polygons by hand?

I expect the AC forums to be dead for a few days after this NFS pack is released. Everybody will be geeking it up with these beauties. :D

Thank God AUDI saved Lamborghini from the clutches of Chrysler. Although, Chrysler did same Lamborghini from going **POOF**, if I remember correctly. What I meant with the first sentence is...well, just look at the original 1990 Lamborghini Diablo base model interior (especially the dash):

54iX35E.jpg

Before I forget...I just wanted to thank the team for giving us these fantastic virtual machines. Fancy 3D models aren't worth spit if the physics are terrible and vice-versa...Sounds...Oh, sounds can make or break an Assetto Corsa car too. Thank you, everybody for sacrificing your time to bring us these beauties. :cool:

I expect the AC forums to be dead for a few days after this NFS pack is released. Everybody will be geeking it up with these beauties. :D

Thank God AUDI saved Lamborghini from the clutches of Chrysler. Although, Chrysler did same Lamborghini from going **POOF**, if I remember correctly. What I meant with the first sentence is...well, just look at the original 1990 Lamborghini Diablo base model interior (especially the dash):

54iX35E.jpg

Before I forget...I just wanted to thank the team for giving us these fantastic virtual machines. Fancy 3D models aren't worth spit if the physics are terrible and vice-versa...Sounds...Oh, sounds can make or break an Assetto Corsa car too. Thank you, everybody for sacrificing your time to bring us these beauties. :cool:

Yes I wonder what the hell were they thinking with that awful instrument cluster. The rest of the car looks sooooo damn good, but THAT wall of instruments sticking out of the dashboard in your face...

Do you have any specific tools/methods for creating the LOD or do you just delete the edges/polygons by hand?

I use Polygon Cruncher to make lods, don't like to waste time on that unless I'm working for Kunos :D

LOL I was about to release it like that as a joke, but then I've realized it'll take more time than what it's worth to do it (this is just the LOD D showing up earlier, it doesn't works as a LOD A)

Has anyone factored in making a Police Cruiser? or maybe a Police Version of the Mustang? Something that has at least some chance of keeping up with the Diablo's, 512's etc...? Could make for some interesting online servers...

As that's something I had in mind right at the beginning when creating Pacific Coast and L.A. Canyons. If / when there are online servers with my tracks...
I might be inclined to do some modular online pursuit layouts, with pit boxes spread out across the track in a certain way...

Baked from a Vray scene I use to render my cars, with an HDR for reflections, using projection mapping on 3dsmax:
View attachment 188503
P.S I really think this will be the most stunning model in A.C (up until I see the RT10 and 512)
Fair enough Kunos have done an amazing job on the cars they have in game already... But they really have missed out some absolutely classic car designs... Diablo, 512, Murciélago, Enzo, Vipers, Esprit's, 930, 959, Carrera GT, Astons etc

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back