Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 22 12.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi @Iko Rein
Is there a way to use numbers instead of using the sliders when choosing the positions for the telemetry lines? One thing more, can you in someway get the laptime and the previous laptime so you can see if you are going faster or slower than the lap before without using the blue line?

Hi @Iko Rein
Is there a way to use numbers instead of using the sliders when choosing the positions for the telemetry lines? One thing more, can you in someway get the laptime and the previous laptime so you can see if you are going faster or slower than the lap before without using the blue line?
Yeah, it gets bit tedious, if you want to move the graphs to an exact spot. What you can do to make it easier to put them into the right spot is that you use mouse to move the graph to the 'almost perfect' spot, then you can use cursor key (ie.. arrows left and right) to move the last active slider 'just a little bit'. Or if you are adventurous, you can edit the 'graph_settings.xml' in the <Telemetry tool data dir>\Settings\<game>. In that file the <graph>_offset is the position (0.0 to 1.0) and <graph>_multiplier is the height of the graph.

Well, there is in the 'Race Timing' the field 'LAST', which shows the last lap's time. And you could use the 'Time Trial info'. On the left side there are S1, S2 and S3, where there is delta to the BLUE lap and to the Prev (i.e. previous laps).

Would it make sense to add 'Prev lap' as option for the BLUE lap? Then for each lap you would see the Telemetry vs. prev lap.

Cheers

Some notes:

I had to strip the Mac M1 custom JRE from the package. If you need the Mac M1 binaries, please PM me and I will send you the link.

If you find anything odd with this, let me know. I have done quite a bit quick testing, but as the game is pretty new, there might be some dark corners around there, I didn't see yet.

Cheers
good evening using the software on F1 22 how do I save the data of a race, to view them later?

good evening using the software on F1 22 how do I save the data of a race, to view them later?
Just enable the settings 'Save laptimes to separate file' and ' Save detailed race history to file' and 'Settings --> General Settings'. This will create the files into the 'laptimes\<game>\". You can later then load the .history file with the tool to see the race history in the 'Race History' tab.

If you want to do a "data re-run", you need to enable the debug file creation and then use the feedtester (i.e. fxFeed, see the ReadMe.txt + the help for this) to rerun the save debug file from the race on the tool.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 22 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 22

Version 12.4 is here.

Key new additions on this release
  • All relays (for AC, ACC, AMS2, PC2 and R3E) have new version
  • AC: New plugin, fixed issues causing conflicts with other plugins
  • ACC, added way to add tyrewear data to the statistics. Data entry is manual at this point.
  • ACC, plenty of ACC related optimizations
  • ACC, added Valencia trackmap + 1.9 additions
  • AMS2, new 1.4.7 data + Nordschleife 1971 trackmaps
  • R3E...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Iko. Could you check in "MULTI HISTOGRAM" the entry "SUSP_VELO"? From version 12.3 it no longer displays the graphs as up to version 12.2 and even now with 12.4. I'm using your tool with ACC.
Thank's for your job.

Hi Iko. Could you check in "MULTI HISTOGRAM" the entry "SUSP_VELO"? From version 12.3 it no longer displays the graphs as up to version 12.2 and even now with 12.4. I'm using your tool with ACC.
Thank's for your job.
I looked at the data. The data is there, but due to a small error, the values in the Tool are 1/1000th, thus the histogram cannot show them correctly due to the diff being too small. I will fixed this for ACC in the current beta. If you really need to get that for the time being, please PM me and I will send you a link for download.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello, I tried to check the track map and driver position in f1 2021 game on my pc. When racing with ai, the display of track map and driver position worked normally, but in lan game, when I asked my friend to send his telemetry data to my ip, the driver position could not be displayed. (Broadcast mode has been turned off) but stage yellow flags are displayed normally, if you can see the driver position data, it will be very helpful to customize team strategy during lan games

Hello, I tried to check the track map and driver position in f1 2021 game on my pc. When racing with ai, the display of track map and driver position worked normally, but in lan game, when I asked my friend to send his telemetry data to my ip, the driver position could not be displayed. (Broadcast mode has been turned off) but stage yellow flags are displayed normally, if you can see the driver position data, it will be very helpful to customize team strategy during lan games
Hello,

I suspect, that the UDP packets are dropped by the VPN, because the MTU in the connection has wrong size (too small or too large). This means, that because the track position data (which is missing) is in the Motion packets which is the largest packet (1464 bytes) and when they are sent through the VPN, the VPN adds the IPSEC headers (I think 72 bytes), thus if the MTU size is 1500, the packet is too large and the connection just drops the UDP packets.

The short term solution to this is to change the MTU size on the VPN connection (you can test with different sizes, e.g. smaller MTU at 1000 or bigger, e.g. at 1550). A longer term solution is for me to create to the tool TCP based data forward. I have played bit with such option, but it will need to do more testing to see, how it works between different systems.

Cheers.

Hello!
Recently we organized a 24h event in AC game. After about 120,130 laps, the delta disappeared.
The problem is so strange that the delta began to disappear from the top of the table, not from the bottom. First at the drivers in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th place and so on.
Maybe because the transmission car (sending telemetry) didn't go with everyone, but stayed in the box?
Unfortunately, it did not work out during the tests, because max 2-hour rides were tested, and the problem appeared after 5-6 hours.

On version 12.3 Delta for these drivers was 0.000.
After an emergency update to 12.4, the problem persisted. Nothing was shown in the delta column, and the diffToLeader value in the http json was "-1.000".

Do you have an idea what this could be due to?

Hello!
Recently we organized a 24h event in AC game. After about 120,130 laps, the delta disappeared.
The problem is so strange that the delta began to disappear from the top of the table, not from the bottom. First at the drivers in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th place and so on.
Maybe because the transmission car (sending telemetry) didn't go with everyone, but stayed in the box?
Unfortunately, it did not work out during the tests, because max 2-hour rides were tested, and the problem appeared after 5-6 hours.

On version 12.3 Delta for these drivers was 0.000.
After an emergency update to 12.4, the problem persisted. Nothing was shown in the delta column, and the diffToLeader value in the http json was "-1.000".

Do you have an idea what this could be due to?
Hi,

Thank you for the note. I wish you had contacted me before the event, so I could have checked some of this stuff in advance, as the AC multi-car system is still quite new.

I looked at the code and it is quite clear, why it happened.

Short explanation is that with AC in 12.4 or older, the delta storage was not dynamic and was kept only for about 90-120 laps with some variance depending on the "Delta Accuracy" and the value of the 'typical fast lap' in the ac_tracks.csv (or ac_tracks_added.csv). The reason why it started dropping the top drivers first is that these drivers had passed the "max distance point" for the delta system, thus for them the data could not anymore be calculated (or actually their data remained the same, when they had passed the distance limit).

This applies to all current versions, i.e. 12.4 and older. When adding the multi-car system to AC support, I had forgotten to add the delta system resizing for AC. I have it now fixed this for the upcoming 13.0 and at the same time added the dynamic resizing to rFactor 2 and RaceRoom Racing Experience too. For ACC there was already the dynamic resizing, as it was most often used for long endurance races.

I will run more testing on the fix, but I think getting a race running overnight for some 10 hours AI racing might be good way to test this.

In an endurance racing it might be good idea to reduce the delta accuracy to reduce the memory consumption. With e.g. SPA 24 hour race, with lowest accuracy (every 400 meters) the theoretical memory need for the delta system is about 15MB, with top accuracy (every 5 meters) it is whopping 1.1GB.

The new 13.0 will be out when F1 23 is released. If there is a need to have fixed version prior that, please PM me.

Cheers.

Hi,

Thank you for the note. I wish you had contacted me before the event, so I could have checked some of this stuff in advance, as the AC multi-car system is still quite new.

I looked at the code and it is quite clear, why it happened.

Short explanation is that with AC in 12.4 or older, the delta storage was not dynamic and was kept only for about 90-120 laps with some variance depending on the "Delta Accuracy" and the value of the 'typical fast lap' in the ac_tracks.csv (or ac_tracks_added.csv). The reason why it started dropping the top drivers first is that these drivers had passed the "max distance point" for the delta system, thus for them the data could not anymore be calculated (or actually their data remained the same, when they had passed the distance limit).

This applies to all current versions, i.e. 12.4 and older. When adding the multi-car system to AC support, I had forgotten to add the delta system resizing for AC. I have it now fixed this for the upcoming 13.0 and at the same time added the dynamic resizing to rFactor 2 and RaceRoom Racing Experience too. For ACC there was already the dynamic resizing, as it was most often used for long endurance races.

I will run more testing on the fix, but I think getting a race running overnight for some 10 hours AI racing might be good way to test this.

In an endurance racing it might be good idea to reduce the delta accuracy to reduce the memory consumption. With e.g. SPA 24 hour race, with lowest accuracy (every 400 meters) the theoretical memory need for the delta system is about 15MB, with top accuracy (every 5 meters) it is whopping 1.1GB.

The new 13.0 will be out when F1 23 is released. If there is a need to have fixed version prior that, please PM me.

Cheers.
Thank you for the quick reply!

There was no need to create trouble before, we were not aware that such a problem could arise. We just didn't show that data later in the race. We will be doing longer tests on bots :)

Thanks for the detailed explanation, it's good to hear that the problem is relatively easy to solve. The next longer event will be later than F1 launch on 23rd, we don't need an earlier upgrade.

By the way. Is it possible to add information to shared json via http from Tools?

What is missing (for each driver) is for example:
- Pit Count - AC does not provide this, so it would require counting,
- car_name - AC gives this data
- current lap time - AC enter.
- fastest sectors - who is the record holder in the session for each sector
- fastest sectors - personal records for each driver
- which sector the driver is currently in

at the moment, such missing things come to our minds, which until now we had to obtain in a different way. If this data were shared by TT, it would be delightful.

Alternatively, is there a possibility to decide on your own which data to publish? not to burden the program with everything possible, but only with what we consider necessary?

I also have more advanced (in my opinion) ideas of what could be shared/additionally counted, which would be useful, if you were open to it I could share. If possible, here or directly.

Thank you for the quick reply!

There was no need to create trouble before, we were not aware that such a problem could arise. We just didn't show that data later in the race. We will be doing longer tests on bots :)

Thanks for the detailed explanation, it's good to hear that the problem is relatively easy to solve. The next longer event will be later than F1 launch on 23rd, we don't need an earlier upgrade.

By the way. Is it possible to add information to shared json via http from Tools?

What is missing (for each driver) is for example:
- Pit Count - AC does not provide this, so it would require counting,
- car_name - AC gives this data
- current lap time - AC enter.
- fastest sectors - who is the record holder in the session for each sector
- fastest sectors - personal records for each driver
- which sector the driver is currently in

at the moment, such missing things come to our minds, which until now we had to obtain in a different way. If this data were shared by TT, it would be delightful.

Alternatively, is there a possibility to decide on your own which data to publish? not to burden the program with everything possible, but only with what we consider necessary?

I also have more advanced (in my opinion) ideas of what could be shared/additionally counted, which would be useful, if you were open to it I could share. If possible, here or directly.
Hi,

Nice to see, you are using the https-server/JSON export. I have been thinking, if it was used, so nice to get a confirmation.

In general adding fields to the JSONs is pretty easy, if that data is already visible in the Tool. Adding the fields mentioned above took about 5 minutes. So here is an extra of the 12.5/13.0 release
-----------------------
HTTP Server/JSON export
- "/JSON/aidata"
- Added 'driverid'
- Added 'driverfullname'
- Added 'carname'
- Added 'pistops'
- Added 'laptime
- Added 'sector', note that this is '1 to n' value
- Added 'bestS1'
- Added 'bestS2'
- Added 'bestlaptime'
- Added 'bestlap'
----------------------
From these you can already deduct, which player has the best laptime, best S1 & best s2. I could create another JSON for the indexes, but this already gives good base. Maybe creating a JSON feed for the 'Race Timing' view might be good way forward. I will take a look at that.

Creating custom JSON might be good way to go to have 1 'multi-car' export and 1 'player' export. But I would add things, which are used, so no point of adding all kinds of data, if it does not get used.

Cheers.

Hi! Big fan of your work Iko. Just wondering, do you know how long 2023 support will take to add? i’m aware that the game will allow exporting of UDP data using the 2022 format, however, i was just curious how long something like that would take from a development standpoint? thank you for the time you spend to create and update this amazing software :)

Hi! Big fan of your work Iko. Just wondering, do you know how long 2023 support will take to add? i’m aware that the game will allow exporting of UDP data using the 2022 format, however, i was just curious how long something like that would take from a development standpoint? thank you for the time you spend to create and update this amazing software :)
I have a working version for F1 23. I just need to make the trackmaps for the new tracks, test Time Trial and some of the modes which were not in beta, and it should be good to go. I haven't yet, bought it, but I will most likely buy the early access version in few days, so when the game is released, the plan is to put out a version in the first 24 hours of the early access.

Cheers.

in the static table section if I select the opponent's lap as blue lap and click load blue lap it doesn't open it for me, I need it to show the lap how can I solve it?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.