Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 22 12.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Iko Rein So, How does one acquire the license + What different licenses provide?
Also if you could update your discord link on the website. Thanks :inlove:
You can get the license by doing a donation via PayPal. The link is in the Tool's about box, in the ReadMe.txt and here.

The license removes the note, that you can buy the license from the start splash window. Also the license gives access to what was called 'League admin view', i.e. more data about other cars to detect cheating. Also it gives ability to save the race statistics, and more data to the game specific pane, and with 12.3 you can save the race tyre stats for the whole session (tyre wear, temps, pressures, laptimes + tyre type).

Regarding the Discord, I think the old channel was removed, as it wasn't much used. I might do new channel later, but at the moment I have just removed the link.

Cheers.

hi mate
downloaded it set it all up inputted the correct ip address and port and its not working at all
So you install it like this:
1) Unzip the package somewhere in your system (e.g. C:\program files\TelemetryTool or C:\bin\TelemetryTool).
2) Then you just double-click on the 'runWin.bat', which will start the launcher. Now in launcher select which game you want the data for.
3) If you use F1 games, you need to enable the Telemetry feed from the Settings.

All default values should work, so there is no need to edit IP/Ports etc in the Tool or the games.

Cheers.

With this mod, is it possible to use Hamachi to have someone that doesnt live in the same house as me connect to the live feed? My friend in Denmark loves this type of stuff, and it would be sick for him to be able to read & give me info from the live data of my races in F1 22, specially since the in game engineer doesn't give nearly enough detailed information that I'd like lol

With this mod, is it possible to use Hamachi to have someone that doesnt live in the same house as me connect to the live feed? My friend in Denmark loves this type of stuff, and it would be sick for him to be able to read & give me info from the live data of my races in F1 22, specially since the in game engineer doesn't give nearly enough detailed information that I'd like lol
Hi,

Yes it is possible to use Hamachi with my tool. Actually many teams (raceenginer + n drivers) not residing in the same location use it.

So the way you setup it, is you have first the Hamachi tunnel running between the two sites. On both ends you should have working Telemetry Tool install. Then on the "driver side", you have two options
1) Send the data from the game to the local Telemetry Tool and then use the UDP forward to send the data to the "race engineer".
or
2) you send the data directly from the game to the race engineer's Hamachi IP address.

Cheers.

You can get the license by doing a donation via PayPal. The link is in the Tool's about box, in the ReadMe.txt and here.

The license removes the note, that you can buy the license from the start splash window. Also the license gives access to what was called 'League admin view', i.e. more data about other cars to detect cheating. Also it gives ability to save the race statistics, and more data to the game specific pane, and with 12.3 you can save the race tyre stats for the whole session (tyre wear, temps, pressures, laptimes + tyre type).

Regarding the Discord, I think the old channel was removed, as it wasn't much used. I might do new channel later, but at the moment I have just removed the link.

Cheers.

Thanks for info!
Sent you some money for Licensing. Keep up the great work, hope you plan to continue it on F1 23, since i will support for longer!

Hi. Im trying to use this on PS5, but somehow i cant get data, is there any common issues? I have same IP on my computer and on F 1 22 telemetry settings.
With PS5 (or any other console), you need to do these things:
1) Install the Telemetry Tool on laptop/desktop on your home network. It must be on the same LAN as the PS5. Now you need to find the IP for the desktop/laptop. On Windows ipconfig can be used on command-line, but the Tool also has in 'Tools -> Show my IP address', which will show the current IP address. NOTE, it might show multiple IP addresses, you have many network cars. So you need to find the right one.
2) Put the IP address you found in 1) into the F1 22 on PS5's Telemetry Settings.

Now restart both, the game and the Telemetry Tool.

If you have correct data, when you start driving, you should see data coming to the Telemetry Tool.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 22 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 22

Version 12.3 is here.

It took much longer than expected to get this out.

Key new additions on this release
  • RaceRoom Racing Experience support added
  • AC multi-player support, i.e. data is now collected from all cars in the race, when you install the plugin. Also a lot of changes/fixes relating to multi-car data and other data.
  • rFactor 2, new plugin, which should put less stress on the network connection + plenty of fixes/tweaks
  • AMS2: Added the new tracks + cars...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a problem with the plugin for AC. I put it in the folder from ac to apps/ python. content manager finds it, it is marked and set to 127.0.0.1 and port 10101. I enter the game and on the side where all applications are available there is no this plugin and no data is available. telemetry tool was set to port 9995 (where the relay sends the basic data) and to 10101 where there is practically no data. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the game/plugin?
relay should be enabled when this new plugin is available?
Thanks in advance for your help
1679274217244.png
1679274242497.png
1679274287410.png

I have a problem with the plugin for AC. I put it in the folder from ac to apps/ python. content manager finds it, it is marked and set to 127.0.0.1 and port 10101. I enter the game and on the side where all applications are available there is no this plugin and no data is available. telemetry tool was set to port 9995 (where the relay sends the basic data) and to 10101 where there is practically no data. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the game/plugin?
relay should be enabled when this new plugin is available?
Thanks in advance for your helpView attachment 648463View attachment 648464View attachment 648465
Hmm, here is what you need to do.

1) Close AC_relay, if it is running.

2) (If the Telemetry Tool is not running, start it). Go in the Telemetry Tool to the 'AC Settings', i.e. in 'Settings --> AC Settings'.

Now set the data like this:
"AC Mode settings", IP is 127.0.0.1 and port is 9996 (This is the AC broadcast data, which is not necessary, but you might enable it anyway, and the port cannot be changed from 9996.).
"AC Plugin Settings". Set this to 10101 (i.e. the Plugin port).
Now in
"AC Shmem-to-UDP relay Settings", set IP to 127.0.0.1, relay port to 9995, mode + verbo to 0 (zero) and sleep to 5.

3) Then press save. The tool will need to restarted. Start the tool with runWin.bat and select AC + enable the relay too.

4) Start the game and when you start driving, you should receive the data.

What you did, is that you changed the listening port from 9995 to 10101, which means the Tool would not receive the data from the SHMEM, which is needed alongside the Plugin data to operate properly.

Here are the settings, how I have them:
v12_3_AC_Settings.png

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hmm, here is what you need to do.

1) Close AC_relay, if it is running.

2) (If the Telemetry Tool is not running, start it). Go in the Telemetry Tool to the 'AC Settings', i.e. in 'Settings --> AC Settings'.

Now set the data like this:
"AC Mode settings", IP is 127.0.0.1 and port is 9996 (This is the AC broadcast data, which is not necessary, but you might enable it anyway, and the port cannot be changed from 9996.).
"AC Plugin Settings". Set this to 10101 (i.e. the Plugin port).
Now in
"AC Shmem-to-UDP relay Settings", set IP to 127.0.0.1, relay port to 9995, mode + verbo to 0 (zero) and sleep to 5.

3) Then press save. The tool will need to restarted. Start the tool with runWin.bat and select AC + enable the relay too.

4) Start the game and when you start driving, you should receive the data.

What you did, is that you changed the listening port from 9995 to 10101, which means the Tool would not receive the data from the SHMEM, which is needed alongside the Plugin data to operate properly.

Here are the settings, how I have them:
View attachment 648716

Cheers.
I did as you wrote, I got my data but I don't have any data for opponents. In Raw data i have this :
1679436422652.png

the plugin is visible in Content Manager, but when I enter the game, it cannot detect it because it does not appear on the right side in the list of additional items:
1679436520527.png
1679436533400.png
1679436584176.png
1679436615695.png
1679436710595.png

JeremiaszDX#8935 <- my DC if you need to call or better nad faster contact to me ;)

Attachments

• 1679436762751.png
    1679436762751.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I did as you wrote, I got my data but I don't have any data for opponents. In Raw data i have this : View attachment 649150
the plugin is visible in Content Manager, but when I enter the game, it cannot detect it because it does not appear on the right side in the list of additional items:View attachment 649152View attachment 649153View attachment 649154View attachment 649155View attachment 649156
JeremiaszDX#8935 <- my DC if you need to call or better nad faster contact to me ;)
Hi,

It seems I have packaged the plugin in "non-standard way". This means it might not get installed properly, if you use Content Mananger.

So for the time being to fix it, you have to use the "manual install", i.e. in your case unzip the .zip directly to the apps/python directory. Now for some reason in your case, the files are not in correct place.

Here is how it should look for you:
ac_plugin_install_location.png

Now for some reason the Telemetry_Tool_plugin.py is missing and there is just the folder instead.

I will fix the telemetry_too._plugin.zip with correct structure for the 12.4 (expect release when ACC new cars and tracks are released around April 19th).

Cheers.

Hi,

It seems I have packaged the plugin in "non-standard way". This means it might not get installed properly, if you use Content Mananger.

So for the time being to fix it, you have to use the "manual install", i.e. in your case unzip the .zip directly to the apps/python directory. Now for some reason in your case, the files are not in correct place.

Here is how it should look for you:
View attachment 649197
Now for some reason the Telemetry_Tool_plugin.py is missing and there is just the folder instead.

I will fix the telemetry_too._plugin.zip with correct structure for the 12.4 (expect release when ACC new cars and tracks are released around April 19th).

Cheers.
Hi

unfortunately it still doesn't work properly, I did everything you wrote, unpacked and copied the plugin manually to AC apps, then AC can't find it in the game (I think it should appear on the right side with other apps)
1679527292089.png

1679527393279.png

what's next ? :(

Hi

unfortunately it still doesn't work properly, I did everything you wrote, unpacked and copied the plugin manually to AC apps, then AC can't find it in the game (I think it should appear on the right side with other apps)View attachment 649405
View attachment 649406
what's next ? :(
Well, this is what Content Manager shows to me.
ac_mod_manager_enabled.png

And when I start race, I get all data (udp, shmem + plugin).

And this is the message in the log (pressed Home key)
ac_mod_manager_enabled_plugin_loaded.png

So you should see the plugin started.

I have not used the content manager, so this is bit uncharted waters for me.
... but ...
Maybe you should remove the plugin via Content Manager and also remove the possible files from the Telemetry_Tool_Plugin folder and then that folder too. Then start AC without the plugin just to see it starts and there is no traces of the plugin remaining. Then do the manual install of the plugin without running Content Manager. Now I would start AC without content manager just to see, if the plugin now starts (press Home key and/or check the loaded apps/plugins on the sidebar).

Cheers.

Well, this is what Content Manager shows to me.
View attachment 649407
And when I start race, I get all data (udp, shmem + plugin).

And this is the message in the log (pressed Home key)
View attachment 649410

So you should see the plugin started.

I have not used the content manager, so this is bit uncharted waters for me.
... but ...
Maybe you should remove the plugin via Content Manager and also remove the possible files from the Telemetry_Tool_Plugin folder and then that folder too. Then start AC without the plugin just to see it starts and there is no traces of the plugin remaining. Then do the manual install of the plugin without running Content Manager. Now I would start AC without content manager just to see, if the plugin now starts (press Home key and/or check the loaded apps/plugins on the sidebar).

Cheers.
ok i have this error :
1679533191553.png

Hi,

This error comes, if the files in the third_party directory are missing. Maybe the unzip didn't work our properly.

As said in earlier post, I would recommend you try to get this work on a plain AC (without content manager) by removing the old plugin install and then just manually unzipping the plugin to the apps\python directory and when the plugin is up and running on plain AC, get back to using CM if you so desire.

Cheers.

Hello,

You designed and created a great tool for average and top racers as well. Thank you it has made my races more enjoyable and faster.

I have a question. Is there a way for the software to use data it collects live and output them to the user ie a race engineer. Suppose i want to know how much faster per lap i have to be( as a driver) from the car infront. The softwares takes the gap, divides it buy the numbe of laps left and shows somewhere on a panel. is the maths channel any helpfull in this case?
Thanks in advance

Hello,

You designed and created a great tool for average and top racers as well. Thank you it has made my races more enjoyable and faster.

I have a question. Is there a way for the software to use data it collects live and output them to the user ie a race engineer. Suppose i want to know how much faster per lap i have to be( as a driver) from the car infront. The softwares takes the gap, divides it buy the numbe of laps left and shows somewhere on a panel. is the maths channel any helpfull in this case?
Thanks in advance
@Kotsoumpis very interesting question.

First bad news for the moment. There is no direct single number available and the math channels cannot do this either.

At this point, the closest to accomplish this, is to look at 'Race Info' and the delta to front + in 'Race Timing' the 'DELTA' column, when you disable the 'Show DELTA to leader'. So your race engineer could do the math: gap / laps-left, i.e. 2 seconds gap, 4 laps left, you have to be .5s faster each lap close the gap (if car in front keeps your current laptimes), but still not counting how much faster to make the pass stick (maybe need to be 2s faster on that lap to be able to try overtake).

Now we get into interesting area, i.e. what is the speed of the car infront at this point of the race? Are they building the gap or is the gap shrinking at this point? I.e. is the driver faster or slower. For this your race engineer (or even you, if you change the tabs when driving) can keep a look at the gap to see, if you are gaining or not. Without race engineer you could use also the 'Race history' view with the 'History vs. me' which shows the development of laptimes keeping your data in the middle. This is handy tool during longer races to determine, if the driver behind is gaining (and how fast they are gaining) or if you are gaining on the driver infront (and how fast you are doing that). Looking at the trajectory of the lines is a good indication on the situation. Also to see if e.g. a car 3-4 positions behind is actually super fast, so you know e.g. you might have to fight them in 8 laps or so.

Also in the 'Race Timing' there is the 'LAST' field, which shows the last lap of that driver, which is also good indication of their speed at that point of race.

I have been thinking this and maybe there is something that could be done with the race history data + the last lap data and maybe some idea of tire wear, to provide some idea, how much faster you have to be to really gain that one position. I will put this into my "things to think" list. I plan to rewrite the opponent data system (the system is from 2018 with some small tweaks) to add things, which could help it easier to do this too.

Cheers.

If you are using the latest version tool with AC and wanted to use the multi-car features, the Plugin might not work due one not needed import. To fix this, you can just edit in Telemetry_Tool_plugin.py the line 22 containing
from constants import FC
to be
#from constants import FC
or you can remove that line. You can edit the Telemetry_Tool_plugin.py e.g with notepad or Notepad++

The fixed plugin is also at https://telemetrytool.com/addons/

This update/fix to the plugin will be also incorporated to 12.4.

Cheers.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%