Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 22 12.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi! First of all, massive appreciation for your work here! I’ve been using the tool in F1 22, mainly to test it before F1 23 comes out, and while in general it is working well, I note that in a lot of sessions it doesn’t record all my laps.

I’m usually looking into the ‘statistics table’ view because I’m mostly looking to track my lap times, but either on Time Trial or in a Race against AI, there are some gaps in my laps (mostly in races), while other laps count more than once (this more on TT and probably due to restarts).

In terms of settings I have selected ‘save invalid laps’, ‘save laptimes to separate file’ and ‘save detailed race history to file’. When I check the files they have the same gaps or duplicated laps.

My network settings are correct and I’ve already tested selecting 20, 30 and 60 in the UDP send rate in the game.
I’m playing in a PS4 (Wi-Fi connection) and running the tool in a MacBook.
My question is: is this a normal behavior or I might be doing something wrong?
Thanks a lot once again!

in the static table section if I select the opponent's lap as blue lap and click load blue lap it doesn't open it for me, I need it to show the lap how can I solve it?
Hmm, some of the old versions had issue on the created opponent laps, where the lap distance was totally off. Can you PM me the file, you are trying to open.

Cheers.

Hi! First of all, massive appreciation for your work here! I’ve been using the tool in F1 22, mainly to test it before F1 23 comes out, and while in general it is working well, I note that in a lot of sessions it doesn’t record all my laps.

I’m usually looking into the ‘statistics table’ view because I’m mostly looking to track my lap times, but either on Time Trial or in a Race against AI, there are some gaps in my laps (mostly in races), while other laps count more than once (this more on TT and probably due to restarts).

In terms of settings I have selected ‘save invalid laps’, ‘save laptimes to separate file’ and ‘save detailed race history to file’. When I check the files they have the same gaps or duplicated laps.

My network settings are correct and I’ve already tested selecting 20, 30 and 60 in the UDP send rate in the game.
I’m playing in a PS4 (Wi-Fi connection) and running the tool in a MacBook.
My question is: is this a normal behavior or I might be doing something wrong?
Thanks a lot once again!
The Tool does not work well, if you do with re-starts and especially flashbacks. I personally don't think using these is good habit. It is better to just drive and to gain experience of running longer stints without "saves".

Time trial is always bit "ugly stepchild". With F1 23 the Ghost settings are better, thus the data will be more reliable..

For F1 23 version, see my next post. :)

Cheers.

Hello, great tool, also working on F1 2023, but is there a way to create something like Client server application ? run this software on a central location en connect 2 players to that server and show the data on al client side thats connect to the server ?

Hi,

Just hoping for a bit of advice

I am running F1 23 on Xbox Series X and have the telemetry tool V13 open on my windows 11 system. I have allowed access through the firewall for the telemetry app, both machines are wired into the same network and I have specified the IP address on F1 23 to send the data too. However the PC does not seem to be receiving the data and I'm not sure of a way to test if the data is being sent. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi,

Just hoping for a bit of advice

I am running F1 23 on Xbox Series X and have the telemetry tool V13 open on my windows 11 system. I have allowed access through the firewall for the telemetry app, both machines are wired into the same network and I have specified the IP address on F1 23 to send the data too. However the PC does not seem to be receiving the data and I'm not sure of a way to test if the data is being sent. Do you have any suggestions?
if i remember correctly change the UDP format to 2022 and it should work fine you just wont have the new maps

Hello,

V13 with F1 23 support is out. You can get the new version from
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-f1-23-and-many-other-games.61580/

Took bit longer to get this out although I was part of the beta. There were still some things I could not properly test, like TT data and some of the new stuff I have done in the backend took more time than expected.

But the new version is out there. I am quite happy with the way it is now.

Little teaser:
V130_F123_Driving_good_data_extract.png

Enjoy, and get faster.

hello if in time trial on F1 23 I set a ghost car, does the software record the lap of the Ghost opponent?
Yes it does. The files are saved as 'opponent laps'. You can open the ghost trace data and compare it to your data.

Also if you drive F1 23 in TT, and there is ghost, then typically after the first full lap for the Ghost, the Tool will set that lap as 'BLUE Lap' and compare live data to it (if you have set the 'BLUE Lap' data to be the Ghost).

And this works for any Ghost lap, also for the loaded Ghost laps.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

It's been 2 hours that i tried to be the race ingeneer of a friend (he is playing is carrier mod with f1 2022). He activated his UDP and wrote my IP adress but I see nothing with my tool.

Thanks for your replay,
Have a great day

Hi,

It's been 2 hours that i tried to be the race ingeneer of a friend (he is playing is carrier mod with f1 2022). He activated his UDP and wrote my IP adress but I see nothing with my tool.

Thanks for your replay,
Have a great day
Most likely the connectivity issues are due to the Windows firewall, which is blocking the traffic.

Here are the options
1) Check (on both ends) if there are some firewall alerts regarding the UDP data on port 20777. If there are, try to fix them by opening the ports 20777 and maybe adding port forwarding for UDP data on port 20777.
- or -
2) Install VPN tunnel software. Many of my users are using Hamachi for this. So you install the VPN tunneling tool on both computers (driver and engineer) and then you connect via VPN and send the data over the tunnel. This way you can avoid the firewall settings tweaking.

Cheers.

Problem with some metrics having no data or only one data point at the beginning of a session:

Project Cars 2 on PS4
Telemetry tool on Windows 10
Most metrics are fine. Suspension velocity is the main one that is not working. Maybe this is an issue with PC2 not providing the data idk. This is the case for every car and track that I have used.

Also, independent front and rear axle forces would be nice. The software is free though so I can't complain.
Thanks

Problem with some metrics having no data or only one data point at the beginning of a session:

Project Cars 2 on PS4
Telemetry tool on Windows 10
Most metrics are fine. Suspension velocity is the main one that is not working. Maybe this is an issue with PC2 not providing the data idk. This is the case for every car and track that I have used.

Also, independent front and rear axle forces would be nice. The software is free though so I can't complain.
Thanks
There should be the suspension velocity. The game does not send it out, the Tool should calculate that data. With AMS2 I changed some data, so it might be that at the same time the PC2's suspension velocity + acceleration got "wiped out".

What do you mean with the "independent front and rear axle forces"? The suspension data is already per each corner.

Cheers.

There should be the suspension velocity. The game does not send it out, the Tool should calculate that data. With AMS2 I changed some data, so it might be that at the same time the PC2's suspension velocity + acceleration got "wiped out".

What do you mean with the "independent front and rear axle forces"? The suspension data is already per each corner.

Cheers.
Here are some screenshots to hopefully give you some idea of what the problem is. All screenshots are from the same two laps. I can confirm that this is consistent after restarting etc.

As for 'forces'. I was misinterpreting 'roll' as a force and not just the chassis' longitudinal rotation in space. I can just use the per-corner measurements as you say once they reappear. I did notice that roll increased massively (at least fivefold) when I was going straight up a steep slope which seems wrong.

Is there anything else that I can provide to help with the missing data?

Thanks

Here are some screenshots to hopefully give you some idea of what the problem is. All screenshots are from the same two laps. I can confirm that this is consistent after restarting etc.

As for 'forces'. I was misinterpreting 'roll' as a force and not just the chassis' longitudinal rotation in space. I can just use the per-corner measurements as you say once they reappear. I did notice that roll increased massively (at least fivefold) when I was going straight up a steep slope which seems wrong.

Is there anything else that I can provide to help with the missing data?

Thanks
Hi,

I have identified the issue. I will need to do some work around it. In short, the values saved are 1/1000th of the actual values. If there is a lap, you really need to do an analysis on, you can just open the file with Excel or Libre Office Calc, multiply the suspension_velocity columns with 1000 and then the data will be bit more visual. I will need to do some more work on that to make sure, the data ranges and multipliers are working for all games. I will send you like to the beta version, when I have this stuff sorted out.

Cheers.

Hi,

I have identified the issue. I will need to do some work around it. In short, the values saved are 1/1000th of the actual values. If there is a lap, you really need to do an analysis on, you can just open the file with Excel or Libre Office Calc, multiply the suspension_velocity columns with 1000 and then the data will be bit more visual. I will need to do some more work on that to make sure, the data ranges and multipliers are working for all games. I will send you like to the beta version, when I have this stuff sorted out.

Cheers.
Nice one.

I've just noticed that there are several pages that seem to be for the same telemetry tool but all have different versions. Which is the main thread/which has the latest version?

Thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea