TC65 Selection @ Zolder - Thu 1st November

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Lancia Fulvia 1600 (download) / Mini Cooper S (default) / NSU TT (part1 + part2) / Porsche 912 (download)
Track: Zolder (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (13 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins or Skins that come with the Mods Only. All downloads are RD hosted - all are the same as previously linked external downloads, so if you already have them installed, you don't need to replace anything.
Note 2: You must drive a different model vehicle in each race.
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Senad Subasic
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Peter Van Zanten
  6. Simon Bacon
  7. Rokas Charlapavicius
  8. Knut Omdal Tveito
  9. Paul Bennett
  10. Rui F. Martins
  11. Warren Dawes
  12. Carlos Diaz
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Jack Smith
  15. Jacob Boonstra
  16. Bob Hutchins
  17. Bram Hengeveld
  18. Roland Warmenhoven
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
Carlos Diaz - Yeah, you'll just pick the 2 fastest ones you ultra competitive dickhouse. :mad:

:roflmao:

I can't argue that I'm competitive...you're on to me :cautious:

:D

But you know that whenever there are other options along with FWD, I will usually always take the other options. In this case, I didn't even check to see if the Lancia and the Mini were the fastest (I admit that most times, I am guilty of that lol), I jumped right in the NSU and the Porker and got them all set up for tonite.

Iv'e even seen some of the fast guys take a less forgiving car (self modulation) so they can race hard and still be mid pack. putting us guys under pressure for every lap..(all this added up makes us better drivers...)
Or in knut case he doesn't qualify and start from the back and race's against us all...(its a great sight to see).:)
If you keep an eye on XD as you race every lap you see him getting closer and closer, the pressure and excitement builds when you see your getting caught ...
Then its about how long can I fend him off.. one mistake and he's passing you....
There are other that also do this aswell so its great fun to be a part of it.

A definitive case of racing over results...:thumbsup:

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
What I will say is that, while the Porsche & NSU share some of the rear/rear characteristics, and the Lancia & Mini share some of the front/front charateristics, these are still 4 very different cars.

Try driving the NSU like the 912 and things will go the shape of a pear pretty swiftly.

Same goes for the Lancia and the Mini.

It's more like "common approaches, different implementations"

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Good job I checked :)

OK - all 3 of these cars need to end up being in the folder below.

"<installpath>\GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65"

where <installpath> represents the drive and possibly folder that GTL is installed, eg. C:\ or maybe C:\Games\ or whatever.

You download the cars from the links to wherever you like, and then extract them from the zip files so they end up in the folder mentioned above.

I will be travelling home soon, but someone will help you out until I can sign on at home if you're struggling at all. First thing is to get them downloaded and saved somewhere safe as it's easier for people to walk you through it step by step if you have the files there in front of you, and it's not so abstract.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
It might be a good idea to get onto TeamSpeak for this as well as for the races - 2 birds, 1 stone etc. if Rupe is about.

Either way, at the very least get it all downloaded and we'll go from there. I'm around for 25 more mins before starting the tortures of the damned (commute home).

Rupe Wilson - good man, Rupe. :thumbsup:

Ha! Home well in time today!
Please change me from maybe to definitely:)!

That is.. if there's any spots left:thumbsup::laugh:

And don't worry Bram, I think the majority of the GTL Club regulars are using digital nowadays

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000