TC65 Selection @ Zolder - Thu 1st November

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Lancia Fulvia 1600 (download) / Mini Cooper S (default) / NSU TT (part1 + part2) / Porsche 912 (download)
Track: Zolder (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (13 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins or Skins that come with the Mods Only. All downloads are RD hosted - all are the same as previously linked external downloads, so if you already have them installed, you don't need to replace anything.
Note 2: You must drive a different model vehicle in each race.
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Senad Subasic
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Peter Van Zanten
  6. Simon Bacon
  7. Rokas Charlapavicius
  8. Knut Omdal Tveito
  9. Paul Bennett
  10. Rui F. Martins
  11. Warren Dawes
  12. Carlos Diaz
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Jack Smith
  15. Jacob Boonstra
  16. Bob Hutchins
  17. Bram Hengeveld
  18. Roland Warmenhoven
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
Hi Paul Bennett, I do understand why you're putting a time here, but in the GTL club times are not allowed in the forum :ninja: Stuart & Knut like to keep it that way to stop comparisons which are pretty pointless. Just jump in tomorrow and do your best. The people in GTL are the nicest guys racing, and will give you plenty of help. Jump on teamspeak for a fun filled evening ;):)

Don't worry about your laptimes, they are not important.
Just get to know the car(s) first, find its limits, and try to be consistent as that is way more important in racing here.
If you can drive say, 5 to 10 laps in a row without sliding off or crashing with laptimes in a +/- 1 second window you are well on your way already. Quicker laptimes will come with practice; no shortcuts there (that I know of :D)
In fact, there's an unwritten rule in the GTL Club to not discuss laptimes at all, as people tend to attach too much value to them.
Regardless of your skill/experience level, you will most times find people to race against who have comparable pace, so having a consistent pace is way better than being able do to 1 superfast lap and crash the next one. This way you'll be most likely to have other racers around you the whole race, which makes for the most fun. That's what Club racing is about (to me at least..) having fun. Finishing position is not at all important.
CU tomorrow...

EDIT: Ninja'ed by Tim.. :ninja:

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
Its like a ninjas tea party in here. Just on my way to the job now, should have an idea by lunch what were up against.

Stuart Thomson yeh I know they are. I'll probably race the mini in one either way. The fulvia can serve as my lack of practice get our of jail free card if I'm late home.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
:redface::redface:
Ops sorry guys was unaware of putting in lap times on posts
Paul Bennett - Paul, please don't worry about it.

Everyone falls foul of this at first, it's just something I prefer to enforce for a few reasons to do with racing quality and etiquette - we won't hold it against you. :thumbsup: As you can tell from the chaps' responses above, it works for us, and we've got used to it.

The thing about the GTL club is that we want it to be like real world Club racing - competitive, but not to the point of becoming destructively so, because that kind of invalidates the whole point of this, which is to have fun. We want people to be driving nice and hard, but courteously and appreciatively.

Once you are in the server, we really only have a couple of things for you to be aware of that are slightly different to Race:-

We always run "superpole" qualifying, in that you get an outlap, an attempted timed lap, and an inlap (or a quit). If you stuff up your timed lap, have a crash or cut, then I'm afraid in the words of Terry-Thomas "it's hard cheese, old boy."

GTL doesn't have a dedicated Superpole function like Race. We have to sort it out ourselves, so you will see other people both in the pits and on track - and also unlike Race impacts are enabled at ALL times.

Because of the above we insist that limiters be used at all time in the pit lane.

Have fun tonight, and please ask if anything is unclear, or if anything else occurs to you.

Pretty much the only questions we can't answer are the ones that people don't ask.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
I think all who know me for a while know what 2 cars I'll be driving lol

Carlos Diaz - Yeah, you'll just pick the 2 fastest ones you ultra competitive dickhouse. :mad:

:roflmao:

After the little bit of practice me, Knut, Hutch, Rupe & Hans did last night though, identifying which actually are the fastest two will take some doing. Nothing in it across all 4 cars.

Hans was initially a little bit slower in the Lancia, but that was because he was in a 1200 rather than a 1600. When he was in the right car, he found that missing 4 sec straight away and was bang on the money :thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000