Super Touring 98 Mod

I think I will purchase GTR2 tonight.

Does anyone have a pic of the hatch Mondeo of '96?

Also is skinning pretty much the same as RACE07?

Cheers folks.

Yes it just a different naming structure in GTR2 and there is only a .CAR file no .INI file.
The .CAR file for this car is 96006_mondeo_mk1 so the skin is 96006_mondeo_mk1_BODY1.DDS, windows 96006_mondeo_mk1_WINDOWS.dds etc
Everything for the GTR2 version of the super touring mod is on this site http://gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/

Attachments

• GTR2 2016-07-01 14-11-03-76.jpg
    GTR2 2016-07-01 14-11-03-76.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 556
Yes it just a different naming structure in GTR2 and there is only a .CAR file no .INI file.
The .CAR file for this car is 96006_mondeo_mk1 so the skin is 96006_mondeo_mk1_BODY1.DDS, windows 96006_mondeo_mk1_WINDOWS.dds etc
Everything for the GTR2 version of the super touring mod is on this site http://gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/
Excellent Simon. Cheers for the clarification.

I am already looking forward to trying it out. Some have said it is better than on Race07.

I think you should discuss the gtr2 conversion in a gtr2 thread. The original mod is made for Race07, and I have given some people permission to convert it "with respect for the original mod".
The super touring mod is like my artwork (there are much better mods out there, but this one is what I care about). It's impossible to count all the hours put in this mod. There are +20 different cars that has been modelled, mapped and painted. It has taken a very long time to do. I have had some very good and useful help too. Some of the interiors have been replaced by more detailed ones made by qwerty24. These are very good, and have improved the experience a lot. I have also had some help from others, and they deserve credit for that, and they are in the ReadMe.

If you had made a painting or a sculpture I guess you would not want anyone else to make changes to it and then present it as their work.
Replacing things in the mod was never my idea when allowing conversions, but I have to respect the decisions of the converters. I respect it but don't like it. After all, the mod I have made is like a conversion of the real cars, liveries and drivers into the game, and maybe one of the livery artists doesn't like that (I wish I knew who they are).

This is not to accuse anyone of anything. Most of the converters have asked for permission.
But I have had some experiences when people use my models as their own or change something and then call it their own. This was very much the case with the rfactor conversion and some conversions of the v8 s60, where people who have never spoken to me or asked for permission changed a lot and didn't even tell were the models were taken from. This is so frustrating.

I don't know if this makes sence to anyone, but:
tips about conversions are welcome here, but please discuss the conversions to other games in their threads.

Last edited:
I think you should discuss the gtr2 conversion in a gtr2 thread. The original mod is made for Race07, and I have given some people permission to convert it "with respect for the original mod".
The super touring mod is like my artwork (there are much better mods out there, but this one is what I care about). It's impossible to count all the hours put in this mod. There are +20 different cars that has been modelled, mapped and painted. It has taken a very long time to do. I have had some very good and useful help too. Some of the interiors have been replaced by more detailed ones made by qwerty24. These are very good, and have improved the experience a lot. I have also had some help from others, and they deserve credit for that, and they are in the ReadMe.

If you had made a painting or a sculpture I guess you would not want anyone else to make changes to it and then present it as their work.
Replacing things in the mod was never my idea when allowing conversions, but I have to respect the decisions of the converters. I respect it but don't like it. After all, the mod I have made is like a conversion of the real cars, liveries and drivers into the game, and maybe one of the livery artists doesn't like that (I wish I knew who they are).

This is not to accuse anyone of anything. Most of the converters have asked for permission.
But I have had some experiences when people use my models as their own or change something and then call it their own. This was very much the case with the rfactor conversion and some conversions of the v8 s60, where people who have never spoken to me or asked for permission changed a lot and didn't even tell were the models were taken from. This is so frustrating.

I don't know if this makes sence to anyone, but:
tips about conversions are welcome here, but please discuss the conversions to other games in their threads.

Sorry. My bad.

I have since began discussions in GTR 2 page.

I still have and enjoy the Race mod. I totally agree with what your saying Andreas, as I am an artist and would not want anyone to take or misuse my work without permission.

Keep up the good work.

Once again, apologies for any problem caused.

Ok I hope you are still ok with the GTR2 version, there have been changes from the Race original -
certainly there are different sounds and new wheels a number of which were created by Satori specifically for the mod along with his new models. The wheel changes were made to allow a single DDS file to be used for easy colour changes as there are less 'WC' materials available in GTR2.

The description of the mod has always had your name in it and there is a readme included on the thread and available in the download folder but if you feel your name needs more prominence please let me know.

It's not about me but the mod itself. The btcc 98 cars is something I have planned to do for many years, just didn't had the game for it untill I found Race07. So I don't like when the mod (my painting) is changed to much even if I understand the will of others to mod and improve (because that's what I do). So tips of conversions are welcome, but please duscuss such mods and changes in their threads.

Morning all.

Quick question about talent files.

I am currently racing in the '99 STW and have created my own team. I have selected Tommy Rustad as a team mate. I copied his talent file from the super touring seasons file as it appeared quite good.

However, I thought he would be up in the top ten but he generally in the bottom half of races and qualifying. I am using the Mondeo mk2. Does this have any bearing on the driver performance? I have also tried to tweak the talent file to improve performance but nothing changes.

Does anybody have any suggestions for making him more competitive?

Cheers. Tom

If you add a new driver he needs an unique name (whole name in the talent file) or the changes will not take effect. Also, track aggression and corner add etc (at bottom of file) are more important for the skill of the driver than qualify ability and race ability (at top of file) as far as I know

If you add a new driver he needs an unique name (whole name in the talent file) or the changes will not take effect. Also, track aggression and corner add etc (at bottom of file) are more important for the skill of the driver than qualify ability and race ability (at top of file) as far as I know

Thanks Andreas. I will have a look now.

Expect a new version of the base mod soon.
Some news:
Reworked physics for all cars
New structure with genstrings
Updated all wheels and some new ones
Two pre super touring classes with physics
New cars and versions of cars
One new old style helmet
Tweaked sound levels
More unique helmets
Simple textured chassis (when bumpers come loose or car is upside down)
Updated normals for some cars
+ Some more fixes
I have some more ideas for the mod, but that's for the future.

20160804231014_1.jpg
20160804231030_1.jpg
race07.jpg

Something I've been fiddling with. I thought I would have a go at re-creating a skin I did some 8yrs ago on the S2000 156. It's not perfect yet, need to look at aligning the stripes etc. Just thought it would make a cool skin.

Attachments

• 20160804231014_1.jpg
    20160804231014_1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 277

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering