1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Super Touring 98 Mod

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by AndreasFSC, Jul 13, 2010.

1. I have decided to make my own Super Touring '98 mod, focusing on the british championship.
    I know MAK-Corp is making one also, but I can not wait that long:)

This is my first Simbin mod, so it might take som time to finish.
    So far I've made the s40 body and about 40% of the body texture:

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Not bad, keep improving! It looks quite promising.

The body textures and wheel positions are areas which need some work, but I understand that you have just started.

3. That's quite good, actually. I'm looking forward to this. :)

4. most likely the issue of the wheels sticking out is that in say 3DSimED the model and wheels looks correct, but in game they are wide. Have a look in your .hdc file for the S40 and scroll down to the [SUSPENSION] section:

e.g.

Code:
    [SUSPENSION]
    PhysicalModelFile=F107.SP
    CorrectedInnerSuspHeight=0.245   // Instead of moving inner susp height relative with ride height, use this offset (set to -1 for original behavior)
    ApplySlowToFastDampers=0         // Whether to apply slow damper settings to fast damper settings
    AdjustSuspRates=1                // Adjust suspension rates due to motion ratio (0 = direct measure of spring/damper rates, 1 = wheel rates)
    AlignWheels=1                    // Correct for minor graphical offsets
    FrontWheelTrack=1.470            // If non-zero, forces the front wheels to be specified track width
    RearWheelTrack=1.410             // If non-zero, forces the rear wheels to be specified track width
    LeftWheelBase=3.110              // If non-zero, forces the left side to use specified wheelbase
    RightWheelBase=3.110             // If non-zero, forces the right side to use specified wheelbase
    and set the two XXTrack= variables to 0

e.g.

Code:
    FrontWheelTrack=0.0            // If non-zero, forces the front wheels to be specified track width
    RearWheelTrack=0.0             // If non-zero, forces the rear wheels to be specified track width
    doing so will leave the wheels in the graphically build position. The physics files will work off the .gmt position to work out the track and it's effect on the cars performance.

5. oh, and looking great so far mate, keep up the good work!

6. Thank you for your help:) I have'nt started editing the wheels yet actually, they are standard Lacetti wheels. But your advices will surely help.

7. New BBS rims in the right place, thanks to you, and new rear mirrors:)

Don't worry about the textures, they are not finished yet.

Attached Files:

8. very nice rims indeed!! I want those on all my WTCC cars ;)

If you need any other help along the way, drop me a PM mate...

9. Thanks for your help:)

I think I'll need some help with the engine etc. later.
    Last week I red your answer to 'How to make existing cars stand alone', and decided to try it myself:)

Attached Files:

10. as stated before, if you have a question(s), please feel free to ask :)

11. Help!!! :p
    I can't get the invironment mapping right.
    It looks OK in the car menu, but it gets uggly in game:(

Any ideas?

(The windows are temporary, of course)

Attached Files:

12. Some improvements :)

Attached Files:

13. Good work AndreasFSC! Keep on going...

14. Lights added...

Does anyone know how to get the wiper in the right place? Right now there's a standard Chevrolet wiper under my car :S

Attached Files:

15. Almost finished. Standard Chevrolet dash for now, non functioning wiper...

The next car will be the Honda.

Attached Files:

16. Well done! Looking forward to other cars!

17. Honda Accord

Attached Files:

18. Good work on the Volvo! Nice to see the Accord as well.

19. The Accord in action:)

Attached Files:

20. This mod is coming along well!