Super Touring 98 Mod

Finally I think I have found acceptable setup for the st bmw. I'm still half a second slower at silversone international (1.25.2 with slightly too hight gear ratios) than with the fwd cars, but I ve never been a good rwd driver. In fact I'm not a good driver at all :p

Last edited:
Finally I think I have found acceptable setup for the st bmw. I'm still half a second slower at silversone international (1.25.2 with slightly too hight gear ratios) than with the fwd cars, but I ve never been a good rwd driver. In fact I'm not a good driver at all :p
Progress, I take my hat off to you sir.

So Just messing about. Managed to get 5 spokes on my Mondeo, however they are positioned funny. I copied the files from a mk1 mondeo that had 5 spokes. Any ideas folks?

Attachments

• 20160826213326_1.jpg
    20160826213326_1.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 229
You can't copy wheels from one car to another, because the position is stored in the wheel files. So the positions need to be edited. The good thing is there are 5 spokes in the next version, and they can be selected via genstring.
I hope the next beta with drivable setup will be finished this weekend.

You can't copy wheels from one car to another, because the position is stored in the wheel files. So the positions need to be edited. The good thing is there are 5 spokes in the next version, and they can be selected via genstring.
I hope the next beta with drivable setup will be finished this weekend.

Cool stuff. Just messing around really. Look forward to the new version.

A bit of an offtopic...
It is plain to see that something changed between 1998 and 1999 in terms of technical regulations for British supertourers. At the very least, the wheels and wheel arches seemed to become bigger: http://www.supertouringregister.com/picture/320/ vs http://www.supertouringregister.com/picture/371/
Could anybody point me to exact description of the rule changes?

Just guessing, possibly because of the pitstops. The cars needed more lock for manouvering around the pits and for easier access to the wheels when changing them.

A bit of an offtopic...
It is plain to see that something changed between 1998 and 1999 in terms of technical regulations for British supertourers. At the very least, the wheels and wheel arches seemed to become bigger: http://www.supertouringregister.com/picture/320/ vs http://www.supertouringregister.com/picture/371/
Could anybody point me to exact description of the rule changes?

It was for the pit stops and to aid getting into the garage. Places like Knockhill caused problems.

I think success ballast was introduced in '99 also.

They went from 18's to 19's in 1999 and the Arches were made taller to allow a better turning circle and to stop any tyre rubbing with the wheels being bigger.

Success Ballest was indeed introduced in 1999 and one of the rule changes that alot of the team didn't like (as well as the announcement the Super Touring regs were going to be replaced with the BTC Spec regs in 2001), hence the reason why Audi and Peugeot left at the end of the 98 season and then Volvo, Nissan and Renault followed suit at the end of the '99 season, then Ford at the end of 2000.

The next version is not finished yet, because I found more areas to fix. I had to edit tyre temperatures for rwd and 4wd. I used the s2000 tyre files as a template for how to change the the simbin s40 tyre file to rwd and 4wd (heating ratio, wear rates between them etc), but I found out that you can not do it like that. So I had to use trial and error for heating. But it's harder to test wear rate, so I don't know what to do about that for the moment.
There where also problems with the cars driving of the track at thruxton full. Then they had problems with the chicane and crashed out at the start/finish. The racing line is very far to the left before the chicane, and that's what causing the problem for the st cars. So I have included an edited aiw file for that track, and now the cars drive like they should :)

Got to see these beauties yesterday. Thought i'd share them, in case anyone wanted to see them.

Attachments

• IMG_9192.JPG
    IMG_9192.JPG
    845.4 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_9191.JPG
    IMG_9191.JPG
    804.9 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_9190.JPG
    IMG_9190.JPG
    816.2 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_9189.JPG
    IMG_9189.JPG
    905 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_9188.JPG
    IMG_9188.JPG
    1,009 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_9187.JPG
    IMG_9187.JPG
    971.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_9186.JPG
    IMG_9186.JPG
    920.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_9138.JPG
    IMG_9138.JPG
    995.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_9137.JPG
    IMG_9137.JPG
    943.8 KB · Views: 230
Any more feedback regarding the beta?
Hope to finish this version soon. I would also like to add post '99 specs to the L4 cars, but it would take some time to remodel and remap front wheel arches and find a way to use it with the genstrings. I guess that will be added in the next version.

Any more feedback regarding the beta?
Hope to finish this version soon. I would also like to add post '99 specs to the L4 cars, but it would take some time to remodel and remap front wheel arches and find a way to use it with the genstrings. I guess that will be added in the next version.

Just the pace of the AI for me personally. Other than that some great touches.

I have given the ai a little speed boost after your feedback. It's sometimes hard to know why the ai is fast or slow. I had the oposite problem with the stcc/tta cars. They were fast even on low settings. I think the wet tyres needs to be tweaked(don't know much about what tyre temperatures to expect for wets yet), and maybe also the setup for the e30. The laguna has possibly too much understeer. But I'm quite happy with the physics over all :)

will be back on it this evening , so far nothing of notice to bring attention too. :thumbsup:

earlier BMW 's are needing a whole different driving style lol.....tourqe and snap steering...:D

Super Touring season 2 , Nissan no motec ?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back