Super Touring 98 Mod

Strange... I haven't seen that problem before. By suggestion, I have lowered the chassis for all the cars in the hdc file. Maybe there's a small elevation change at the track there (ony physical, not visible) and it causes a collision with the collision model?

i tried Curitiba which has a flat pit straight and it still does it. it is strange as it was fine when i first added the season mod, as i did a full 8 race championship in the mk1 Mondeo, now all the Mondeos cant get out on track.

I'm quite sure the problem is the damage model (as the front gets damaged as seen in the video). I tink I red somewhere that there's often a small elavation diffrence beween the startpoint and the endpoint at curcuit tracks, maybe enought for the damage model to stick. I'll edit the model as soon as get the chance :)

Last edited:
I haven't look here for ages, I saw that someone again, was talking about sounds, I renew my question: How about ToCA 2 Touring Cars sounds? I know that most of You guys would like to make them from scratch like most mods here but, I can export sounds from the game, it's a single file which includes, exterior: "on" sounds, "off" sounds, interior: "on" and "off" sounds and some other. sample for Ford Mondeo: https://soundcloud.com/johnnythepyro/ford-mondeo https://soundcloud.com/johnnythepyro/ford-mondeo-2
If someone is interested just please contact with me. ;)

As for the Mondeo problem, for me it looks like it's hitting the checkpoint wall, I mean those things visible in 3D Simed called "xpitout" "xpitin" "xsector"

It's strange they crash "at the same line" both when leaving the pits and at the grid. Thats why i Think it has something to do with a small "threshold" in the track design.

Quick google search got me this:

From an rF2 thread: " But none the less, you still have a collision object for the car, and if a collision model could hit the x sectors then no car would be able to go through them, or the pitin/out poly's."

I loaded up the 98 Mondeo and noticed that I had no LCD in the cockpit, could it be related? Edit: I'm sure that this is related, loaded up the 98 Mondeo from the ST Reloaded class and it doesn't have an LCD display and crashes at the startline.
Also, I'm getting CTD with the 98 Laguna for some reason..

Last edited:
The strange thing is the problem came from nowhere. I have raced the Mondeos a lot when testing the mod and they worked fine then. I have made a lot of tests tonight, but so far no success

Edit: The problem seems to be in a mesh file. Investigation continues :)

Last edited:
... and suddenly the fords can leave the pits, and I don't know why. when it didn't work I replaced the .cas file with the honda one. It worked fine. Then I replaced the files one by one until Everything was replaced, and it continued to work fine, and so did the seasons cars. Weird :p

Quick google search got me this:

From an rF2 thread: " But none the less, you still have a collision object for the car, and if a collision model could hit the x sectors then no car would be able to go through them, or the pitin/out poly's."

I loaded up the 98 Mondeo and noticed that I had no LCD in the cockpit, could it be related? Edit: I'm sure that this is related, loaded up the 98 Mondeo from the ST Reloaded class and it doesn't have an LCD display and crashes at the startline.
Also, I'm getting CTD with the 98 Laguna for some reason..

Anyone else having problems with the Renault?

No CTD with the Renault here, all Mondeo showing the LCD and no Mondeo crashing here at the starting line :whistling:

Think I have to remove all cars except the STSeason from my Teams directory and try again...I will report later ;)

ive only got the super touring mod added nothing else and there conflicting with each other. almost ever season car deactivates. i cant take out reloaded as the season cars use the sounds. just thought id let u know but the update beta5 wrks fine...at the moment:p

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies