Super Touring 98 Mod

Is there a Championship_simulator.bch in
C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07\Gamedata\Championships\Official also?
There should be so you can load the shampionship from there. If the simulator didn't work you should at least be able to start a new Championship...

Now, I mananged to find it in game, I go on and click it, start a new season and I just get a black screen and the music plays for a little bit until that stops, then it just has the black screen with the curser movable.

Not sure I understood, but starting a new Championship would just give you a standard Championship, nothing special. The simulator file sets up a save-file with the choises yo have made and cars and opponents based in year and earlier seasons.

Followed the instructions for the champ. simulator, no issues whatsoever. Only thing I'd like possible is to be able to change the starting difficulty. I did that in the .bch file for myself.

Replaced the BMW physics with the ones from tmsr's GTR2 conversion.

Just added the beta and though i luv what u have done adding new cars and sim championship is amazing and very impressive work. i find it a lil confusing adding works cars as indy teams and adding drivers that never drove sum of the cars or even raced in the BTCC. Could be me being a lil fussy and petty and im sorry if im am cuz i dont want 2 put down ur amazing efforts but just for example:

Warwick in a Cavalier? and using the 94 works vauxhall team livery with Indy door plates with 98 numbers? bit confusing. i would of added the 94 Cavalier as a works team and replacing Derrick Warwick with Jeff Allam who raced in the second of the 94 Cavaliers as #9 and adding Cleland as #4 then add ur own fantasy skins as Indy Cavalier teams. if that made sense as at all. i'm one for accuracy and im sorry if im being petty. Just thought id give my honest feed back.

I'm sure Andreas wrote that seasons add on with the championship simulator is supposed to be fictional with a mix of liveries influenced by the real cars from various series separate from the 1998 actual season cars.

These are justified questions, but there's a reason for most of the choises I've made. The simulator is a small private project that has grown a lot. The original idea was that the championship should be built around the 98 season (what I had) with one privateer level and one facelift level were possible. There was no Championship years involved. So everything is built around the 98 season, (Warwick in Vauxhall), and it grew from there. The drivers can't move between car makes sadly, it would be wery complicated and it would result in a extreamly big amount of drivers and skins (50 drivers for each car!) The idea of the privateers is when a car manufacturer is pulling out, the team will be replaced with a privateer one. The privateer teams use ex factory cars from earlier seasons and other series. The cars could be mixed in different ways, so the cars can't have different numerplates (98 for everyone) or individual numbers (would conflict and require an huge amont of skins)

The idea is not to replicate BTCC seasons but to simulate new seasons based on earlier ones. Complete seasons can be made by skinners :)

Last edited:
can someone explain to me since adding the beta season mod that none of the Mondeos both in the season or reloaded mods can leave the pits nor at the start of a race go past the start line? they just smash in to a invisible wall. i didnt have this problem before adding the season beta

Vid to show the problem

Last edited:
sounds like they are not finding the correct.grb from the .hdc, correction , now as Andreas has stated it's looks like it actually hits something and gets hung on it...

Last edited:
Strange... I haven't seen that problem before. By suggestion, I have lowered the chassis for all the cars in the hdc file. Maybe there's a small elevation change at the track there (ony physical, not visible) and it causes a collision with the collision model?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%