Super Touring 98 Mod

Regarding the textures:

I had a look again and noticed there are shadows on nearly all cars. But it's a bit too weak I guess. Additionally the shadowing on the rear wing's fixation is missing so one can think it's not attached properly. Just a comparison of one model with one Simbin model:

Precisely the shadowing has some hotspots like the fixation and/or touching parts on other parts there is a fluently increasing or decreasing shadowing.
You could decrease the blurry of the textures by double the size and add new logos, you don't need to remap all of them ;) This way you could make use of high-res logos and fonts! Just an example here:

It's just some graphic work and photoshop magic :D

I know mapping isn't affected by resolution, but it's a big difference betwen 1024 x 1024 and 2048 x 2048. I think 1024 x 2048 would be good, but for that I need to remap the cars, and there are many other things to do right now. This mod is a huge job :p

Today I have made some changes to the mod, so there is no need for multiple driver levels in the .car files. Instead the simulator will update the talent file (all drivers in one file)

Sry but why should you use 1024x2048? It's only the half of 2048 x 2048 :D This just means you lose the half of the possible space for more details :D And filesize can't be the matter...there is no big difference ;)

Anyhow it's your mod :D It's just meant as constructive critic ;)

I know, and that's what I requested. :) I read all suggestions, some will fixed, some won't. Just to explain:
I think the 1024 x 2048 offers a better mapping layout. There might be new mapping to the 'old' cars in the future, but not now. I have spent an unjustified amount of time with my computer since I started this mod. I don't know if if there is anyone else here have spent so much time making a mod? Maybe there is, maybe there is not. There are 16 car models in this mod. I don't have a studio, just one self made amateur modder. I don't write this to make someone feel sorry for me, but maybe for my wife ;)

So I have to choose where to put the effort.
If the skins are not high res enought, any skinner can make their own new skins.

Last edited:
I fully appreciate the time and effort (also the outside the box thinking) to a game that does not get any real support . Your mods alone keep me into Race07 :thumbsup: I do hope that in the future this work can be adapted to Assetto Corsa as I think that will be the future (maybe two years from now) ;)

+1, you're probably right about the most amount of time spent especially considering the cars are all scratch built, there are a lot of large mods around that undoubtedly had a lot of time put into them but the vast majority are conversions so full respect for that.
Also there were people asking for a supertouring mod for GTR2, RFactor and later RACE07 for a long time and you've certainly delivered, the reloaded and more recent cars in particular look very good.
The main reason I learnt to convert was to get these cars into GTR2 so I should thank you for that too.

I only ha a little bit Need for speed 4 and toca2 modding experience when starting, so you can do it too. But you need a lot of time and some programs, (3dSimEd and maybe zmodeler or simular + some freeware)

i am too also interested in starting my own scratch cars.. i have 3d simed and zmodeler too is there any others i need before i start..time i start contributing back :)

Y0LfFgcITCs.jpg

405s5.jpg

So finally an other look at the beta!
My observations as follows:
  • Nissan Facelift (L3): Player car is Team Vodafone, others are Team Dynamics
  • The championship editor is still not working for me :( The tracks seem to cause the problems :( It doesn't fetch my tracks it seems, even when I set up tracks on the front page they aren't passed over to the input table. Anyhow I've printed a PDF from the Championship_simulator.ods. Maybe you can get any information out of it ;)
Above this I've seen nothing new or changed from my last report ;)

'Input' is the old file being analyzed. Your choises are passed on to New Championship file (page 29 in the pdf)
The simulator files should not be placed in file:///D:/Gamez/Steam/SteamApps/common/race%2007/SaveDataChampionship/Championship_simulator.ods but in your save data folder in documents. For me it is:
C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\Andreas Larsson\Championships\Official as explained in the ReadMe (Only the files, Not directory SaveDataChampionship)
Then you should load saved Championship. The save championship file allows a lot of options that are not available in the Championship file.
Almost all updates compared to the last beta are made to the Championship simulator. There will soon be a new update with more options, one more car level and with new year options. :)

Last edited:
The installation of the mod is sadly a little bit complicated, I have no other way to do it for the moment. I will have a look at the nissan cockpit. Probably a loading path priority error

only problem i have is with the championship sim is my silverstone track wouldnt work which one is needed
Open the .gdb file of the track you want to use, then copy the track name from the first row. Paste it in the settings txt file as described i the readme. (Silverstone,*yourtracknamefromgdbfile) , then reload the editor, choose your silverstone version and create a new season :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back