Super Touring 98 Mod

I was looking at the BTCC 93 mod cars again and with a lot of polishing, some new wheels and a slightly bodged splitter addon the Peugeot 405 turned out pretty good:

GTR2 2014-07-18 15-11-57-88.jpg

Last edited:
Have anyone of the testers got the "simulator" working? :)
I have remade the track selection in the next version so the user can add installed tracks in a .txt file that will be imorted to a list to select from. I also have an idea about how to change skill levels of the drivers without having multiple driver files. We'll see how it goes :)

Have anyone of the testers got the "simulator" working? :)
I have remade the track selection in the next version so the user can add installed tracks in a .txt file that will be imorted to a list to select from. I also have an idea about how to change skill levels of the drivers without having multiple driver files. We'll see how it goes :)

got the Message about the missing tracks...trying to locate those,
I also reopened it and changed the tracks to what I have installed
(to start the championship)
(I like the drop down menu along side each option)
but it will be sunday before
I can run so more checks...:)

I've had a closer look on the cars again and found the following:
  • missing ambient shadows or shadowmaps especially for the rear wings on some skins/cars
  • on closer camera positions some skins (or logos on them) do look unsharp and washed out...I guess it's a combination of low-res logos and/or low-res skins (1024² instead of 2048² or 2084x1024) and on some cars like Alfa and BMW it really looks not as good as it could be! (just take the brand logos as an example)
  • rainscreens seem to not work properly (compared to other cars)
And finally some comments/observations for the championship editor:
  • The championship tool is a great idea!
  • The season ingame has an added "kopia" in the name (in the championship file), I guess this is just a little error in the macro ;)
  • When I start the championship I can choose all cars and I'm not really sure which I need to choose now. Choosing the wrong could lead to a different experience, right?
  • After choosing the car I can't alter the season setup without loosing the pre-choosen settings (switching through the difficulty levels). I don't really know if this is a bug or a feature :)
  • In the season I can race against various cars which seem to not be the cars which were noted in the editor!? For example in the editor it only says "Ford Mondeo Mk1" but I'm racing against the Mk1 and ST.
Above this: Would it be possible to use the editor's macro to shift the vehicles and skins into the folders when needed and if you don't use the editor you just have the default drivers to choose? Or do you want to update the "reloaded" mod to be the single-player, non-championship mod?

Anyhow keep up your amazing work!

I've had a closer look on the cars again and found the following:
  • missing ambient shadows or shadowmaps especially for the rear wings on some skins/cars
-which cars?

• on closer camera positions some skins (or logos on them) do look unsharp and washed out...I guess it's a combination of low-res logos and/or low-res skins (1024² instead of 2048² or 2084x1024) and on some cars like Alfa and BMW it really looks not as good as it could be! (just take the brand logos as an example
- the bmw, nissan facelift, alfa romeo 155 and honda gen6 have the old mapping, but a lot of small improvements and new wheels. Remapping them is such a huge job, so I will not do it right now. Maybe later.

• rainscreens seem to not work properly (compared to other cars)
-I will have a look.
And finally some comments/observations for the championship editor:
  • The championship tool is a great idea!
  • The season ingame has an added "kopia" in the name (in the championship file), I guess this is just a little error in the macro ;)
-I wrote it there when having different versions (Swedish for copy), have deleted i now

• When I start the championship I can choose all cars and I'm not really sure which I need to choose now. Choosing the wrong could lead to a different experience, right?
-You should load the saved Championship, the settings you made in the simulator will be available there. (There are also one completed Championship, it is used as input for the simulator. When you have raced the whole championship, the completed championship will be overwritten and loaded and analysed for a new season.

• After choosing the car I can't alter the season setup without loosing the pre-choosen settings (switching through the difficulty levels). I don't really know if this is a bug or a feature :)
  • In the season I can race against various cars which seem to not be the cars which were noted in the editor!? For example in the editor it only says "Ford Mondeo Mk1" but I'm racing against the Mk1 and ST.
Above this: Would it be possible to use the editor's macro to shift the vehicles and skins into the folders when needed and if you don't use the editor you just have the default drivers to choose? Or do you want to update the "reloaded" mod to be the single-player, non-championship mod?

Anyhow keep up your amazing work!

possible to do? (I also remarked with black lines the shape of the doors, bonnet, front mask&lights...only with paint)
96ghh3.jpg

-and if is possible to put "white" rims instead of the anonymous grey on bmw e36 and honda accord?
8z21lk.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea