Super Touring 98 Mod

Are there any online leagues using this mod?
Yes, we are. Running kind of a modern BTCC season trackwise, low scoring, up to 80kg of success balast, random weather, and actually 18 signups out of 21 avaliable cars. Amazing! However it's a private community league.
But incase you were wondering - You cannot use the full seasons mod as it has conflict ID's. I've got it working by deleting all the cars which I didn't want to use. It still CTDed people when over 10 joined. (We all had different models pretty much...)
HOWEVER! I have deleted the seasons par of the mod, redone ALL of the audio files so every car has correct sounds with different backfires and so on. So we use a custom version of Reloaded 98. Lost Alfa Romeo and BMW, but atleast it works.

As much as I love the mod and the work Andreas did, i think there could be some improvements on the physics front. I am thinking of redoing the physics, combining the complexity and options from the official Volvo S40 and 850 ST with the innovation and style of STCC 2011 (I think that is how the mod is called), which has really good damping, inertia and tire feel. As now, the center tire temp is off and should be looked into. If I can find the time in the next months...

Graphically wise, the Reloaded cars are very decent, but not quite up to the official Volvo Heritage S40 and 850R quality. Again, that would be a heck of a load for one guy with limited info.

Last edited:
Hi all. Great mod.
I have created a Mondeo skin for my personal use and saved it as a DDS file as per the skinning tutorial. How would I go about getting this into the game?

Do I need a .ini file etc?

Thanks in advance.

Firstly you need to choose in which skinpack to include the car(e.g super touring seasons).Afterwards you need to have a .car file where you can edit the team name and car name aswell as number(to appear in game as for the number its used to identify a certain skin).Once you've done that place the skin in the same folder as the car file and you re good to go.If you want check some of the skinpacks(their file structure) and you'll see how to put any skin you make into the game.;)

Firstly you need to choose in which skinpack to include the car(e.g super touring seasons).Afterwards you need to have a .car file where you can edit the team name and car name aswell as number(to appear in game as for the number its used to identify a certain skin).Once you've done that place the skin in the same folder as the car file and you re good to go.If you want check some of the skinpacks(their file structure) and you'll see how to put any skin you make into the game.;)
Thanks so much for that. Is the .car file a bit like a .ini file? Can you use a text file to create it. Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers again. Tom

Yes the .car file is pretty much a text file.To create one you need to have the following lines:
include=..\mondeo.inccar
Number=99099
Team="Your team name"
PitGroup="PITGROUP_UPDATE_ME"(this remains the same always)
Driver1:"Your name"

Hope these pics help mate. base on the Mk1 Mondeo as an example. Hope it's clear and you can understand it. If you need any more help just ask =)

10cmetc.jpg

f2lsme.jpg

ighm3l.jpg

You can change the colour but at the moment not the wheels themselfs.

I've attached what is my first skin in around 8 years. I used to skin the WTCC cars over on No Grip.

I did do a mk2 Mondeo but it looked rubbish lol.

Hope you like and thanks for the help. Oh also, where can I get the STW numberplates for the doors etc?

Cheers again. Tom

Attachments

• 20160523230311_1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 20160523230346_1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 20160523230406_1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 199
I've noticed on a 1995 Touring Car World Cup add on that there are cars with different wheels. Team Dynamics Mondeo for example runs a five spoke, yet all the other Mondeo run the Dymag wheel. I've looked at the folders but cant see anything obvious. Any suggestions please people?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back