Stock Car Extreme bug report thread (READ THE OPENING POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
OK let´s try this again - PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING. Posts that don´t observe the requirements may be moved / removed.

Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.27 on this thread.

Make sure to check the release notes on the release thread before posting.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please refer to our GUIDES . If you need further assistance use the v1.27 release thread .

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle.

GSCE V1.35 (Steam version)
Track & Layout Used: Taruma
Car Used: Marcas (Cruze #17)
Applicable Settings: Marcas Championship 1st race. 105% AI difficulty, 35% agression, 75% mechanical failure, 20 min race, 1 practice, qualy, warmup, usage and times all the defaults, 16 opponents
Report: Completed the race in 1st place, going back to the champs screen got allocated 23 points and something like 5th on the log, not 1st.
Steps to reproduce: Do the 1st race in the champs, finish 1st, hang around in the lobby until a few cars have crossed the finish line, push back button.

Basically the points allocation got messed up a little

Thanks

Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Any
Applicable Settings: flag rules off
Report: After first lap in fast rolling start, ive been fined stop/go flag, even not cut track or hit other cars
Steps to reproduce: any single race

GSCE v1.35
Problem with loading replay
Track & Layout Used: n/a
Car Used: n/a
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: On my installation trying to load a recorded replay crashes the game. The game simply freezes once I select the replay and click on the arrow on the bottom right hand corner, it does not even switch to the track loading screen. In task manager the process GSC.exe continues to run with 13% CPU load and about 200 Mb of memory. This freezing occurs consistently.
Steps to reproduce: Go into replay mode, select a replay from the list, click on the arrow on the bottom right hand corner to load the replay. The screen freezes at that point.

Track & Layout Used: canada, velopark , brasilia (long straights)
Car Used: Any
Report: Player cars have enormous speed advantage over AI when slipstreaming. (compared to when AI draft).
Steps to reproduce: Any car on a track with long straights. (new canada).

Ive noticed this for a while now. This is the AI being quite slow on straights EVEN if in your slipstream. For the ai, drafting doesnt give them an advantage they just stay behind you. A good example is 2 Ai (one drafting the other) and if im the third car i can get a draft from the 2nd AI and overtake them both. Surely i should be matching the 2nd AI drafted speed?

Also as some have mentioned most AI dont carry the same top speed as the player. Dont they use the default setup that the player uses? Does the fixe AI setup work in GSC?

I urge if GSC is to go forward this has to be a priority in AI programming. It becomes no challenge on long straights on fast circuits.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS ISNT SPECIFIC TO THE BETA.

Last edited:
GSCE v1.35 (Steam version)
Car Used: Any open wheeler
Applicable Settings: Any
Report: When I look behind, I only see the rear suspension bars of my car, not the entire car

I don't know if this is a bug, but it happens with all the open wheelers I've tried

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used: ANY (used Interlagos for testing).
Car Used: ANY
Applicable Settings: ANY
Report: Sound clipping/stuttering/crackling when max revving any car.
Steps to reproduce: Test day - jump into any car and put the right pedal to the metal! (really, just press the right pedal to the max).

Tested on steam and no steam since 1.21.

I tried to fix changing windows advanced audio settings from CD/DVD to Studio (16/44k - 24/192k), still no luck.

Report: When I look behind, I only see the rear suspension bars of my car, not the entire car

I don't know if this is a bug, but it happens with all the open wheelers I've tried
You can change this in your PLR file. Program Files (x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Stock Car Extreme>UserData>Your Name. Now open up The PLR File
1siXlPu.png

with notepad or something of the sort. Now in that PRL file find "Self In Cockpit Rearview" and change that number to 15.
6oht8a0.png

Save and your good.

Hi,
some Peoples have Problems with the dedicated Server Version 1.35 Steam.
The dedi is crashing if i push the button load track by any tracks and or car combinations. (with Crash DMP)
It is every time the same, on more then 3 machines and peoples with the same Version.
example
Car: does not matter --> Tracks like Spielberg GP, Japanese GP, Brasil GP are crashing the dedicated Server.
Track like Spielberg historic is ok
Formula Extreme with Spielberg historic is crashing but if i take AllCars/allTracks and then Formula Extrem on the Client on Spielberg historic, the Dedicated Server is running perfect.
I hope you understand what i meen.
Sorry for my bad english. I'm german man. :)
The other Settings have no effect.
I hope, you can help us

Thanks a lot und best regards
ennimann

PS here ist a dmp, rename the attachment from txt to .dmp ;-)

Edit
With the data's from the sync everything seems ok.

Attachments

• GSC Dedicated.5740.txt
    105.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Just posting to say that myself and a friend are both seeing the same behavior as @ennimann

This is true in both in the release version and the beta. The problem has existed for me longer than the beta has been available, so it's not "new." I've tried creating a new player profile within the game (removed my old and started like it was the first play), and that yielded the same results.

Hi,
new Information regarding dedicated Server 1.35 (Steam).
If i take the dedicated server from Reiza sync Version 1.35, i can start evrything cars and tracks, but sometimes we have Connection lost with 1.35 steam Clients. The Internet Connections are 100% ok!

The Steamversion is not (100%) playable in this Version with dedicated Server. Thats a fact and many user confirm this.
Please fix this Problem
Thanks a lot
Regards
ennimann

Search this lines in your .PLR file.

Self In TV Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)
Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

Change the "0" for "15" and save the file

Some questions to Reiza

Hi,
This is the official (Support) Forum from you.
Many People ask some thinks, but no ansers from you.
In our league, many people bought the game last month, but we can't use together.
The dedicated Server is crashing by the most Cars and Track we wont to use.
What should we do?
Do you have any News for us?
Is the Game BETA?
Is this a known issue?
One answer would be really nice.

Regards
ennimann

ennimann is correct.

Please fix Steam's / GSC Dedicated.exe from crashing to the desktop.
This seems like it should be the top priority and focus.

ennimann, maybe your crew should have bought rFactor or RACE 07 on Steam, those similar Image Space Incorporated dedicated server files work for both of those games.

Track & Layout Used: Cascavel
Car Used: Formula Vee #1 Pedro Melo
Applicable Settings: Settings to full everywhere triple screen multiview on 5780*1080 GForce 980 GTX SLI
Report: Game freezes randomly alt-tab or ctrl+alt+del then go back to game and works again.
Steps to reproduce: Just lap around with AI and it will happen 100% of the times but sometimes it takes 2 laps sometimes 9 but it will happen, Have not had 1 full race since the game went to steam.

Any car, any track, etc.
Using T500rs F1 Add on wheel.
Cannot map buttons (any) for brake balance, F/R.
Get a message that the map is JOY B 7 for front or rear but only one will register the other registers "empty" whichever I choose.
The brake balance reading on screen is sort of random; for sure not what I have set in the garage.
The JOY B 7 message migrates to any other setting I try to change, once it appears at the brake balance settings.
I have to re-start the game to amend the settings, without brake balance setting on the wheel.
This has only started since the Beta download and is on My Reiza and Steam copies, as well as the Beta.

Track & Layout Used: MontrealModern,JohannesburgHistoric,JacarepaguaHistoric,InterlagosGP
Car Used: Formula Classic
Applicable Settings: Ai 100%, Aggression Level Any
Report: Cars can not slowdown and make first turn of JohannesburgHistoric and long Back straight of MontrealModern. As well as other Reiza Tracks with a long high speed straight where Ai must slow down and make a mid-slow speed corner.
Steps to reproduce: Use Formula Classic car on JohannesburgHistoric. Watch Ai struggle and slide with front wheels completly lock to the right while tring to make first corner. Note quickest drivers seem to consitently have this problem. Slower (Back Markers) do not. Samething happens after long back straight in MontrealModern. Quickest drivers always slide through the final chicane heading onto main Start/Finish line. JacarepaguaHistoric,InterlagosGP also have this problem. Other vehicles (F 12, F Extreme and F Retro) do not have this problem.

Track & Layout Used: MontrealModern,JohannesburgHistoric,JacarepaguaHistoric,InterlagosGP
Car Used: Formula Classic
Applicable Settings: Ai 100%, Aggression Level Any
Report: Cars can not slowdown and make first turn of JohannesburgHistoric and long Back straight of MontrealModern. As well as other Reiza Tracks with a long high speed straight where Ai must slow down and make a mid-slow speed corner.
Steps to reproduce: Use Formula Classic car on JohannesburgHistoric. Watch Ai struggle and slide with front wheels completly lock to the right while tring to make first corner. Note quickest drivers seem to consitently have this problem. Slower (Back Markers) do not. Samething happens after long back straight in MontrealModern. Quickest drivers always slide through the final chicane heading onto main Start/Finish line. JacarepaguaHistoric,InterlagosGP also have this problem. Other vehicles (F 12, F Extreme and F Retro) do not have this problem.

Thanks. @Alex Sawczuk is away for a few days, but I'll let him know once he gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back