Steam only Release for AC

Jorge, just don't buy AC. It's simple. Only when people vote with their feet will game developers start respecting their customer base.

LOL ... im not a radical man:) ... for me the most important is to drive a good simulator ... if they deliver that i will buy it ... but i will complain a lot about different aspects i dont like for sure ... i will do it not because i want to be negative but because i wish to see simulators developed in a way i think they should be ... even if manytimes i can be wrong and i change opinion after listen others ... i will not stop speaking my mind just because others cant accept different points of view

whats the point on that? that we should not ask for a 3rd option?

Sure you can ask for an option that is supported by a minority of people. If it helps is another question as that tweet sums it all up what the choices are you have.

But if you realize that for every steam naysayer a game developer gets back 10-100 other people that buy a game due to it being on Steam you'll have your answer already.

I really don't understand that people still think that games are made only out of passion and that sales and revenue are irrelevant. Its their job and in the end there needs to be food on the table.

Traditional publishing is expensive, more expensive than most people on the forum realize. It would require that AC gets a publisher and then we all know what kind of product we will get in end.

"EA Sports its in the game" No thanks, ill go for an indie developer with a polished game, regular automatic updates without hassle and a game that is build with a vision/passion and still is profitable for those that created it.

Nowadays its impossible to make a living just from sales in the scattered simracing niche. We either need to grow the community as a whole or accept that the days of boxed versions bought in game stores are over. Unfortunately both will not happen so Ill embrace the option that reaches most (new) people.

(off topic: i don't even have a local game store anymore where i live, went all belly up :D)

And I bet Steam is really good to be able to offer a demo too... but I bet we won't see one still. So no try before you buy ability.

I'll be staying away from AC until other people are singing it's praises a few months down the line :)

Dave

Mr Whippy....you answered yourself with this line....:p

Have KS confirmed anything about what AC is going to be, or are you making assumptions that it will remain what you believe it will be?

Dave

-------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is so funny :D i believe the guys from kunos really enjoy reading all this stuff :D (in their very limited free time)

Some post are interesting and some are just to fill the space but mostly there are good points from both sides.:thumbsup:
Agree that Steam has given some users problems....And again i agree with opinions that were nicely put in words.
It is impossible to make the users that had problem with steam to change their minds also as the ones that do like Steam will not change their minds either.Its a useless war for everyone.and by this time i think the points are clear for both sides.
There are allso some answers on why it might not be possible to release the game in other form.It might simply be the money,time related to work that its keeping them think on that route for now.It just might be impossible at this time and thats it...no hiden agenda.
The fact that they might"sliped" something like" will be released in 2 different ways"...well maybe that was the original idea but they just made the math and found out it will not be possible.
Everyone who saw the pictures and videos said" released allready...take my money...how much long"
So they tried to find a fast way to release it so WE can enjoy their work.
I will also like to have a DVD in my hands and put it in my archive but i am ok with the situation because i understand it.We should wait for Official statement from KS before anything,and then we can really talk about the bad the good and the ugly decisions they made.
I am not saing.... make love not war:x3: ....but dont start to hate one another on RD.:thumbsup:

bram

what i still dont understand is why after so many explanations inteligent people like you are keep comparing "AC on Steam vs AC on non-steam" when what we are discussing is "AC on Steam + AC on non-steam" ...

I agree that boxed version is not functional and i never asked for that ... the only thing i (and others) ask is a non-steam downloadable version like in nKP ... so you will have steam + non-steam like there is for example for ETS2 ... if this is really hard to do and it will cause developers a lot of problems then just let them say so ... but keeping defending Steam and how good it is its just not making anysense on this discussion anymore ... we all know how good Steam can be ... what i would like to ear is why not a non-steam + steam ... requielm pointed very valid facts on this and im sure we will all understand if for this reasons developers just keep it on Steam Only

This thread is so funny :D i believe the guys from kunos really enjoy reading all this stuff :D (in their very limited free time)

Their very limited free time?

They find the time to post pictures and videos. But no time to discuss what your support may or may not buy you when clicking a green light button in Steam?
And next, they'll be coming for our guns.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't followed it that closely, but they never specified which purchasing options will be available. And modding was announced and advertised from the start.

I personally never expected a boxed DVD product. In my mind, it was Steam and probably a download from their site, as with netkar. Nothing else makes sense.

Who knows what to expect?

The current trend appears to be to cut costs and improve potential to make income. Apart from screenshots the only other news we get is based along those lines so it's only reasonable to assume it will continue in other areas of the sim isn't it?

I'm unsure how others balance future expectation but I do it based on historical actions.

Dave

They find the time to post pictures and videos. But no time to discuss what your support may or may not buy you when clicking a green light button in Steam?

Yeah, how dare they post 3 minutes videos when they should be answering every single question I ask !

What a childish attitude. Can't say I'm surprised though, it's not the first time I find one of your post cringe-worthy.

most of the modding community I'm sure is not interested in pictures and videos
it is marketing gimmick to keep AC hype up while the they deliberately delay the release in order to make more money on a DRM platform,catering to no simracing audience.

It's also funny to see some devs actually using the community like that because they have something shinny everyone expects.
Wouldn't it be fair to announce their plans before asking people to vote for example?
guess someone will have to remind me how cool steam is

Dave

Why Assetto Corsa on Steam is good for you:
- Fast downloads
- Extensive customer care support
- Join a larger racing community: more players, more contents, more licenses!
- Help KUNOS dev team grow and improve AC with more contents and features for a long-term period
- Bigger community lower prices for additional contents

this post is from february 21st this year. maybe you just forgot about it.

guys, wake up: it is 21st century.. the only reason why games were released in a box 20 years ago, was the reason that there was no distribution via internet!!! ask yourself: would you - as a developer - pay the price for hardcover boxes and dvds just because a marginal group of people likes it for whatever reason if you could distribute your product a hundred times cheaper a hundred times faster??? IMO this discussion is as funny as it is useless.. really! every game today, no matter which genre, is distributed online. even if you can go to your local shop and buy your beloved box, you have to activate it via steam, origin, rockstar social club or whatever you have. and do you really think this happens for no reason???? plus the fact that steam games are in fact one of the most successful, if not THE most successful (don't know exact sales number of each title) ones that have been released to date. even steam-only titles. think about valve games (half life, portal, counter strike and so on) ...
you can even compare this way of distribution to the distribution of other sims: take iracing... monthly fee, (nearly) each car/track has to be payed a price for EACH, which is about a fifth of the complete version 1.0 of AC ... take rfactor2 ... reasonable price - in the first year, then multiplayer has to be payed for every year.... take R3E .. well, not a sim for me, but at least it tries to be ... free2play the boring content/features .. everything more interested has to be payed... are these better ways of distribution? because those titles are also connected to online services. it is just the way it is these days. and given this, i think AC and the way of its distribution via steam-only is extremely conservative or let's say as conservative as it can be: you pay around 45 euros, you get a complete game with dlc's (partly for free) on top!!!

really, this discussion is so useless for me, this is why i find it so funny

The current trend appears to be to cut costs and improve potential to make income. Apart from screenshots the only other news we get is based along those lines so it's only reasonable to assume it will continue in other areas of the sim isn't it?

posts like this make my head hurt, somehow having the game on steam means they are going to cut out other parts of the game??? no it's not a reasonable assumption.

having it on steam means they can spend more on the sim and less time working out all the issues involved with distributing, updating the game and all that fun stuff that steam makes a lot easier and faster.

most of the modding community I'm sure is not interested in pictures and videos
it is marketing gimmick to keep AC hype up while the they deliberately delay the release in order to make more money on a DRM platform,catering to no simracing audience.

It's also funny to see some devs actually using the community like that because they have something shinny everyone expects.
Wouldn't it be fair to announce their plans before asking people to vote for example?
guess someone will have to remind me how cool steam is

Those Italians are some selfish people aren't they, all they care about is making a game which results in big loads of cash. They really don't care about physics, tiremodels, graphics. These sims they make nowadays are totally devoid of any passion.

I mean, it's not like a couple of guys gave up their lives and jobs and decided they would try to follow their passion by creating something unique with a small group of people, in a economic time where most people are already happy when they have a regular job. It's not like they are working 80 hours a week to get something of the ground, which will give a few thousand people a lot of excitement and joy. Right?

What i understand is some users were saying that there should be another choice for download apart of steam...thats the point the users made...not really no Steam release and only DVD but i got it...its an opinion and a good one from their perspective.....and i respect this.:thumbsup:
The chances are to low to expect a DVD but there is hope for latter.And another online download from different source apart of Steam its not happening from possible reasons that allso were stated by users as their opinion on the matter and seems credible.:)

Ok guys, they are dedicated people who are doing a great job with this game, but please stop worshiping them like that. They probably work 8-17 with 1 hour lunch pause and have a very relaxed work environment. They could answer all the question asked here if they wanted, give some interviews etc.

(There are people out there waking up at 5.30am and coming home at 10pm completely destroyed after a hard day of physical work knowing that tomorrow it's gonna be the same, just to bring some food home and pay the rent. )

(it sounds more dramatic than i wanted to :) )

What i understand is some users were saying that there should be another choice for download apart of steam...thats the point the users made...not really no Steam release and only DVD but i got it...its an opinion and a good one from their perspective.....and i respect this.:thumbsup:

Things can be easy and constructive when people just listen what other have to say without having 2 stones in their hands ready to throw ... thanks for listen Dinca and Requiem:thumbsup:

Those Italians are some selfish people aren't they, all they care about is making a game which results in big loads of cash. They really don't care about physics, tiremodels, graphics. These sims they make nowadays are totally devoid of any passion.

I mean, it's not like a couple of guys gave up their lives and jobs and decided they would try to follow their passion by creating something unique with a small group of people, in a economic time where most people are already happy when they have a regular job. It's not like they are working 80 hours a week to get something of the ground, which will give a few thousand people a lot of excitement and joy. Right?

pretty much...

look when someone makes a choice to do something like this,he is not forced to do it.
A lot of poeple are doing this,very little have enjoyed the same success as kunos has so far.

So saying themselves how small team they are,it is ungrateful and everything they have achieved. Especially to this community that supports them no matter what.

The used every opportunity to benefit from monetizing (TD) or using the good will (STEAM) of people in order to help progress their plans

and in return there is nothing.
you have to wait (near holiday season,because mid summer release for the people who waiting so long is so wrong,you don't make enough money)
and pay more (DLC)

and there is not option if you don't like steam.

This is how they thank you for the support.
Otherwise they would care to provide alternatives.so everyone has an option.

On the other hand as long as the community is willing to suck everything,why would they stop doing this?
It plays very nice for them actually.

Maybe I'm an alien,Idk I would never do what they did and I hate those tactics with all my heart.

simply: Amen!

Everything a person does, it does so for himself or herself. ;)

bram
the only thing i (and others) ask is a non-steam downloadable version like in nKP ... so you will have steam + non-steam like there is for example for ETS2 ... if this is really hard to do and it will cause developers a lot of problems then just let them say so

Read the part about the costs and support again as I did give two valid reasons why a developer prefers Steam over a normal digital download distribution.

Adding to it that selfpublishing will cost even more because of bandwith, websecurity etc.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.