Steam only Release for AC

Steam only isn't an issue for me but it doesn't seem that long since they said it wouldn't be steam only - that is more concerning.

No they never said that (at least I don't know a source for that), it was something we assumed in the other thread because surely they must have planned something in case it wouldn't have been greenlit.

But in the end, Steam only release is a no brainer for them. They are such a small team with a huge amount of work (look how far they come, I just say "Ferrari license" but the list could go on and on) and not worrying about distribution saves them a lot of work and probably money with servers, work hours etc...

wheres the problem with that?
there can still be a retail version.

there is no reason for a PC-exclusive game to make a non-steam version in addition to a steam version. the only exception would be to sell the game on another steam-like platform. making an additional PC version with no platform behind would have no meaning at all.

I absolutely dont see a single problem here.

Popcorn-.4.jpg

So sorry for them.....we're really gonna miss those 5 random dudes in MP.

acting like this won't get you many friends in the long run

you're not even a licensed member ... i guess you know what that means ... not gonna miss you lol

topic title is miss leading because there are currently no other plans

Aristotelis reads these threads so instead of memes and such how about those that feel this is bad news give logical, rational reasons why you will pass on AC rather than buy from Steam.

Tom and Bram also pay attention to these threads, it is rather obvious that instead of trying to help people with logical, rational and polite debate, you (and the usual loud types that rejoice with AC being Steam only) have done little to promote that. On the contrary. Btw, your tweet is as sad as the title of this thread and reactions of those that in the other thread did nothing but insult people.

As far as reasons:

several people have given you more than a dozen reasons why Steam is not what some want. Not our fault that you don't make an effort to actually read posts by others that think differently than you.

This will go nuts really fast and wasnt expecting that answer myself but i will get it on Steam anyway because i want it.
Also there might be other ways in the end.We didnt see an official statement yet.
It`s really sad to see that some of us will probably won`t enjoy this SIM because of Steam....:(

Personaly I dont mind getting it from Steam. And with the addition of the workshop I can only see benefits myself. Regardless I am surprised to hear its Steam exlusive. Why not sell it like you did with NetKarPro on the side? Would only reach more ppl and maximize profits.

Wonder if Valve is forcing them to stay exlusive with some sort of agreement?

Chronus, not sure where I am rejoicing about Steam only, as long as it's not Origin I don't care where I buy the game....AC looks good enough I would deal with the people at Gamestop if that was the only way.

I'm sorry your buddy fried his hard drive and tried to sue Steam for it but so far I haven't had any problems with Steam big enough to warrant getting in touch with their horrible customer service department.

Not real sure why my tweet was sad or why you are (or at least come across as) very angry at everything.

Wonder if Valve is forcing them to stay exlusive with some sort of agreement?
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php
8. Do you require exclusivity for titles you sell on Steam?

We think you should get your game in front of as many people as you can, therefore we do not require exclusivity on titles.

Perhaps they just prefer not to spend too much time/money on marketing/distribution/protection.

I'm a Steam user, was going to get it on Steam no matter what, but it's still surprising.

http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php

Perhaps they just prefer not to spend too much time/money on marketing/distribution/protection.

I'm a Steam user, was going to get it on Steam no matter what, but it's still surprising.
It is odd that it would be worth about 30% of their profits, but there are so many people who refuse to play games that are not on Steam that it must make sense to them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%