Steam only Release for AC

My point was to say that people can still play online with steam cracked version if they really want to
If that happens, Steam/Kunos are able to update the platform/game at a whim, illegal versions might not work online, and everyone who owns the game will practically seamlessly have the same, new version. One of the advantages.

And, to reiterate, if they were to have a download version, they would need a payment system, a licensing system, a download system, a support system... for the next who knows how many years.

It seems that there is a need for soap over the mouth.The thread is going the rong direction again.
It is realy that hard for some users to talk civilized.:mad:

"Being civilized means being able to recognize and accept the humanity of others, despite their different modes of thinking"

So what they can play Race 07 cracked on steam ? What has that game have to do with AC ?

Maybe it is to hard for you to understand but "online service like nKP" would cost Kunos lots of money, they already have online services, which are better, from steam. There is NO NEED for that, other than pleasing those 0.00000001 paranoic people who think Steam is devil in person.

And yes it's you and some other guy who can't understand kindergarten concepts yet whine again and again.

ok ... i thought i was donne with this but i guess not

I said that people can play online with steam cracked version because others were telling that they cant play online with cracks ... so i just wanted to clarify that yes they can and gave gave race07 as example ... just that

there are good reasons for not making a non-steam version and i already agreed with that when Bram and Requiem explained in a polited way ... so please man ... stop throwing stones

about your personal ofenses (paranoic people, whines, kindergarten) ... well ... i have nothing more to say on this thread so please just forget me and dont quot me anymore cause i really dont want to get this personal ... all my questions were answered by Requielm and Bram and im satisfiied with that ... thanks:)

Seriously, Bram. Allowing the most aggressive steam supporters to get away with insults and personal attacks was bad enough. Then, your post "Please if you don't like Steam or think its the worst thing that is ever invented then please don't buy the game. I am sure that the developers don't want to force you to buy a product that you don't support" allowed those posters to ramp up the bad behaviour.

But allowing these people (this guy I quote above, the others that attacked Lee, Jorge and Dave) to blatantly and continuously attack others is doing a serious disservice to simracing and RD.

If this is your idea of "free speech", sir, then there is no point in a lot of good people posting here.

Oh please, i need to be on the forum 24/7 to moderate them? If you find a post offensive or violates our ToS in any way please click the REPORT BUTTON and it gets looked at.

Don't turn this on me because I gave my opinion about what people should do or not do.

What I meant to say with that post was that people have two choices as Kunos clearnly announced on Twitter to only go for Steam. So yes you can either buy it or you decide not to buy it, simple as that.

To wrap up this discussion: use the report button when people cross the line

Attachments

• report button.png
    report button.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 355
Oh please, i need to be on the forum 24/7 to moderate them? If you find a post offensive or violates our ToS in any way please click the REPORT BUTTON and it gets looked at.

Odd, pretty much the same answer you gave a while back to another poster.

Not only odd but...

From your "Terms of Service":

"We reserve the rights to remove or modify any messages posted for any reason."
"This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated."

Yes, you give users the ability to report "a problem to the staff". But, as it is plain to see from "Terms of Service", RD (as most other forums) does not tolerate personal attacks or bullying: "The staff retain the right to edit/remove content posted by any user if the content is against the rules".

As per your Terms of Service, you do not depend on users "reporting other users", the staff retain the right to edit/remove content that breaches the rules.

What is disturbing for me and others is that you REALLY don't find anything wrong with these malicious, offensive posts:

"If you find a post offensive or violates our ToS in any way please click the REPORT BUTTON and it gets looked at."

So, on one hand RD does not (and it should not) depend on users reporting users for enforcing the terms of service, and on the other hand you don't find anything wrong with offensive posts and constant harassment. So, logical conclusion, these posters get away with anything.

Turning a blind eye to these people and content will hurt RD little by little.

Where do you see me saying I agree with the language being used? The post by this swearing member I have seen and is removed pinpoint us to the others please.

Keep in mind I have other things to do as well around here then reading through the same discussion over and over again spell checking every sentence :)

The report button is basically a community feature to help moderators (not just me) to keep the forums nice and tidy. So pretty please use it and we'll take a look at it.

If clicking one single button is too much to ask then just let me know and ill go through all 11 pages later tonight.

Chronus,

we do obviously retain the right to alter messages as we wish but we are not doing so in every case someone deems a post to be offensive. Often it's a matter of personal taste and / or involvement in something, so that we might make a decision which might not be appealing to you.

With this being said we have always (and still do) watched controversial threads closely but we wouldn't want to be a watchdog, with users being afraid of us jumping at them. :)

Tom

Chronus

You do realise that you are one of the main people instigating things ?

I'm not saying that to be vindictive, It just comes across like you are not aware that your comments to me at least read as being deliberately provocative with you also coming across as overly dramatic about things.

Personally I don't care how you or other people come across or what people say its just the spice of life , but to me it just seems like your not aware of the link between your posts and the thread then devolving into name calling and that you yourself seem to be getting frustrated by it.

Its always hard to judge tone and attitude from writing I'm sure most people on here are nice and in a face to face conversation would get along just fine , you also have people from different cultures with different mother languages all trying to converse in English.

Just a bit strange how some of these RD threads are panning out lol must be all the pent up anticipation for AC !

Some of these posters really crack me up .. Honostly why go at each others throats like this?
Agree to dissagree ? Personaly if I find a certain poster to be offensive I just stay clear of them. Not going into debates with said person.

And to those that want to have there status removed and no longer be part of the community cause of a few bad apples .. I have news for you. No matter where you go, or what community you join, you will find ppl you wont get along with. Best is to learn how to avoid going into debates with them. Allso dont give them the satifaction of you going mental, making you leave the community.

Youre here to find fellow race fans not to be the ultimate message board warrior, am I right?

Do any of those racing games deliver only via Steam?
So why are we comparing any of them to AC's offering which as yet we have very few firm details on any way. Only last month it may well have not been on Steam at all, now it's ONLY on Steam.

That is a fairly big thing as games go, so it's not unreasonable to be asking what else might change suddenly down the line too is it?

Dave

The thing is it was never said that there would be a netkar like download or on the other hand a Steam only download, they never announced anything on that matter, for good reason as we see now... That is the BIG difference here. Now talking about modding support being removed or stuff like that is just not "fair" to anyone (not fair is just to avoid using other words which could be understand wrong).

We know that the team reads this forum and even posts here, they post as much info as they can, give answers on Twitter and post pretty much regular screenshots and now videos... name me some other dev teams that try to inform the community as much as they do (pcars doesn't count :)). Yes I know I might sound like the biggest Kunos fanboy but for me I simply like the approach.
And the long time after the TD when there were no news at all were not right either, go figure....

Some people here sound like they were promised something which is simply not true :thumbsdown:
BTW This is the perfect example why there still is no pre-order because imagine what happens when something changes after people already paid for it (not only AC specific just a general thing too)!

PS.: anyone thinking that "hey they got all the infrastructure from netkarPRO", do you realize that this game will sell a bit more maybe? Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus, BMW, laserscanned Monza, Silverstone, Imola, Mugello, Vallelunga just to name a few reason the list is a bit longer...

PPS: The next funny thread will be when the Nordschleife won't be in v1.0 because there was a placeholder at gamescon and that obviously was super super super official :thumbsdown:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.