simxperience accuforce wheel

Hi,

Does anyone know something about this servomotordriven wheel?
It's still under development and over at ISR they were superenthusiastic bout it.
Anything from an esitmated price or release date would be awesome
although I doubt it having searched the internet already :unsure:

well, Fanatec's new wheel doesn't cut it for me - only delivers up to 7nm which I don't think is enough to fully replicate the level of force that a real car can do - looks like i'm still waiting for the Accuforce wheel then.

Upvote 0
> Spends $2000 on racing wheel.
> Fastens it to $1000 rig.
> Still gets demolished by 12 year old with DFGT strapped to desk.
> Money well spent.

image.jpg

Upvote 0
> Spends $2000 on racing wheel.
> Fastens it to $1000 rig.
> Still gets demolished by 12 year old with DFGT strapped to desk.
> Money well spent.

View attachment 62607
Yes, you shouldnt kid yourself and think it makes you faster. Switched from a G25 to a CSW V1 and the laptime diffrence is maybe +/- 0.1 of a second, but I have a bit better feel now for the car. As I usually race in the top 3 I am not disapointed :D Didnt buy it to go faster.

Upvote 0
Switched from a G25 to a CSW V1 and the laptime diffrence is maybe +/- 0.1 of a second, but I have a bit better feel now for the car

unlikely, given the way the 2 wheels work mechanically. CSW sure has more power but that's it. This advantage is more than offset by the belt drives and the problems it gives.
http://simxperience.com/Community/S...Direct-Drive-vs-Belt-Drive-vs-Gear-Drive.aspx

ive been saying this for years, but everyone has been so brainwashed by the price points of t500/fanatec, its hilarious. The power of marketing, i suppose.

its fair enough though, if you dont' drive on the limit in the sims and don't make small countersteer corrections often, then it won't even matter, and the additional power of the t500/CSW would be welcome and more enjoyable - so depends i suppose.

i simply cannot wait to order the accuforce asap. It'll be the biggest shift in the sim racing experience since oculus rift (which if no one has tried yet....you should)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
unlikely, given the way the 2 wheels work mechanically. CSW sure has more power but that's it. This advantage is more than offset by the belt drives and the problems it gives.
http://simxperience.com/Community/S...Direct-Drive-vs-Belt-Drive-vs-Gear-Drive.aspx

ive been saying this for years, but everyone has been so brainwashed by the price points of t500/fanatec, its hilarious. The power of marketing, i suppose.

its fair enough though, if you dont' drive on the limit in the sims and don't make small countersteer corrections often, then it won't even matter, and the additional power of the t500/CSW would be welcome and more enjoyable - so depends i suppose.

i simply cannot wait to order the accuforce asap. It'll be the biggest shift in the sim racing experience since oculus rift (which if no one has tried yet....you should)
I dont think I am brainwashed in anyway. I know for example, that it is hard to make countersteer corrections with the heavy GT2 rim, but with the light F1 rim it is not really a problem. Of course the belt drive is not perfect, but it depends how much the mentioned disadvantages count and of course he is not sellling belt drive systems and therefor lists disadvantages that in 99% never occure.
I know a few people who own Bodnar wheels and most who have driven it will never come back to a belt drive. I think direct drive is the best system available, but it is by far the most expensive one. You can get a T500 for 350$ and a Fanatec V1 for 630$. An accuforce will cost you at least twice as much and I expect it to be very great to drive.
But the main question will it gain you laptime? I say maybe, but honestly not more than 1 or 2 tenth in case you are a very fast driver.

Upvote 0
2.000 buck is a lot of money for a Sim Wheel ... but one thing I like so far ... seems like the first DD wheel with wiring through the shaft ... no external shitty wires .. that has always put me off in buying a DD wheel .. so expensive with those wires hanging!

Upvote 0

Not 'brainwashed' but there's too hype about force feedback wheels feeling like car steering, but no one I've tried feels real at all. They all feel weird.

I don't know if this has been done already but I think a wheel with dual direct drive low rpm motors turning in opposite directions would work well as you could switch off one motor and switch on the other instantly. Then tune the motor controller to calculate the exact torque and speed of each motor so response time is minimised.

I think it would help slow a motor down faster having another 'fight' it's inertia and help speed it up rather than waiting for a single motor to react.

I think It's also because we're trying to simulate a system that isn't synchronised. I think that Bodnar guy wrote an article about this?

I mean in real life all changes are instant and synchronised but the display, physics, wheel and motor update at different times with different amounts of reaction time.

I think the physics, display and wheel need to be synchronised to update at *exactly* the same rate at the same time otherwise it will always feel weird.
A 'G sync' for physics, displays and wheels. I think it's a solution along with lowering wheel response times (unloaded 0- max rpm max input charts don't count!).
Maybe it wouldn't work, but it's just an idea.

Upvote 0
Here's a comment from Berney (iRacing forums) regarding the Team version. I like the bit about Sim-racers at the end.

Berney Villars:
The bottom line with the Team version is that it will not be available to the public. It's specifically for teams and is made to order rather than mass produced as each team will have different requirements. The bespoke nature of the product will cause it to have quite a high price tag. There is simply a premium to pay for showing up with telemetry data and asking for a custom wheel that best matches a particular vehicle.

Also, from a legal perspective it just isn't reasonable to offer a mass produced wheel that starts at 22Nm of torque and goes up from there.

The AccuForce Pro offers ALOT of torque (we'll announce how much at a later date) and an extremely realistic experience while also being optimized for the many needs of sim racers. Oddly enough, I've found sim racers to be more picky about their feedback than real drivers.

Upvote 0
They can do whatever they want on their 1/2 million bucks piece of junk .. me, I don't like loose stuff .. that's why I use tight boxer shorts, not loose ones ... :O_o:

There is a reason god made our balls bungling out of our body.
They need to be a few degrees colder for optimum performance.
So tight boxers is bad for your balls...

I have a SLI connected with a curly USB cable.. it never bothered me.
While driving you wont notice it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%