simxperience accuforce wheel

Hi,

Does anyone know something about this servomotordriven wheel?
It's still under development and over at ISR they were superenthusiastic bout it.
Anything from an esitmated price or release date would be awesome
although I doubt it having searched the internet already :unsure:

I'm expecting it to try and vibrate my whole rig to bits, before I mount it I'm gonna take the mounting bar and plate and add some extra welds.

Upvote 0
I quite fancy one of these wheels but I live in a flat and I am worried about the vibration annoying the downstairs neighbours. I saw a video on YouTube where the reviewer said his neighbours might soon be complaining. Would be interested to hear if it possible to run this wheel without annoying other people in my block. I had a buttkicker a few years back and had to keep it dialled down so low that it was barely worth having, even the old lady two floors below could feel it.
It's pretty easy to dampen the wheel and eliminate or reduce the vibrations. I added some urethane grommets to the mount and they are extremely effective at eliminating any resonance through the mounting surface and frame work or desk. The AF mounted on a built-in desk mounted to the walls next to our bedroom produces no noise at all through the structure.

Upvote 0
Got my FedEx tracking number tonight...feel like a kid on Christmas eve

Than you are one of the lucky ones... There seems to be a delay for the remaining batch3 wheels

Batch 3 update:
Due to unexpected manufacturing delays we are unable to ship your batch 3 AccuForce Pro in the timeframe initially promised on the website. Batch 3 wheels will continue to ship between now and the end of June. All batch 3 wheels will be delivered no later than the end of June.

If you wish to cancel your order, please email Sales@SimXperience.com from the email address used to place the order. You may cancel any time before the item ships.

We sincerely appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause you.

Best Regards,

BERNEY VILLERS JR.
President
SimXperience Racing Simulation

New orders are already up to batch5 with delivery in september / oktober

I'm happy to report that i got my AccuForce today :)

yl6pyY0.jpg

Upvote 0
Arghhhhhhhh, I'm melting I'm melting ( in the voice of the wicked witch from the wizard of oz )

A word of warning, just got my import tax/duty bill...£470, this added to the almost $200 delivery cost means I've spent £600 just getting the wheel into the UK...taken the shine off my joy at getting the shipping notification :sick:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I had to pay the same to get it to the UK.

Not really a surprise as I knew that it was going to attract 20% VAT on both the product and the shipping. Don't forget that buying in the US you would still have to pay sales tax which isn't automatically added to the selling price like we do in Europe.

Upvote 0
I'd figured on about 300 import tax using 20% of the total price, I didn't take into account the duty ontop :(

At least it's here in the UK and now I've coughed up the tax it should be back on the road heading my way

Upvote 0
I think I will end buying an Accuforce wheel some time next winter now that I have decided to move from GT to Project Cars.
If I had not bought a csw v2 last year, I think I would have already ordered one.

Every person who received the wheel seems amazed... always a good sign.

I also understand it requires luch more tweaking to get full benefits but that does seem to be such an issue.

Upvote 0
Fantastic piece of kit! Just a world of difference from anything that isn't direct drive, and the software gives you the ability to tweak all of the settings to your liking. Bit of a cliché, but now that I have had it for a while I couldn't go back.

Any niggles? I have a self-designed extruded ally chassis so mounting it was pretty easy and it is rock solid (I can sit on the mounting plate and it won't move) but depending on your rig and the loads it can take, mounting might be an issue. I also had a wheel disconnect issue, where the buttonbox would occasionally disconnect from the wheel and not register a button press (usually a gear shift). This is alleviated by using the cable provided but is no use if using a third-party wheel that doesn't have this capability. SimXperience sent me an updated trial slip-ring which has completely solved this for me, but it is not an issue that everyone is seeing.

Other than that, I mainly play Assetto Corsa and the FFB output is not brilliant with direct drive wheels. Due to the software you can improve on this and there are a couple of really nice setups that you can download from SimX, but that is really an AC problem, nor a SimX one!

Upvote 0
A word of warning, just got my import tax/duty bill...£470, this added to the almost $200 delivery cost means I've spent £600 just getting the wheel into the UK...taken the shine off my joy at getting the shipping notification :sick:

Seems a bit too much. My import tax was similar to HoiHMan's above, £269 (delivery was $142).

Upvote 0
My postage was $193.08 (express postage) and I've just paid FedEx £469.65 to release it from customs, I'd calculated it to be £230-260 depending on the conversion rate so £470 came as quite a shock...

Upvote 0
That explains the postage difference, mine was standard 3 day delivery. Not sure why your tax was £200 more. You'll get a statement from FedEx in a couple of weeks time, might be worth checking that to see how they worked it out.

Upvote 0
probably gonna be my next wheel as well
it's still a hefty pricetag but the feedback it gives is so much better
than just ... everything else
i just heared too much good stuff about it to ignore it...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing