simxperience accuforce wheel

Hi,

Does anyone know something about this servomotordriven wheel?
It's still under development and over at ISR they were superenthusiastic bout it.
Anything from an esitmated price or release date would be awesome
although I doubt it having searched the internet already :unsure:

Accuforce has become the only respectable purchase before it's even released... strange, but I like that.
Reality is, they're ALL way too expensive. They claim niche markets get niche pricing, but after seeing how many friends will spend years of their like playing Forza and GT(x), but you even mention getting a real wheel/pedal combo or even just a good ol' G27 from BestBuy or whatever the hell, and BAM. no frickin way are they gonna pay the cost of the entire machine again just to get a wheel. And of course cheap wheels just don't cut it for most people's demands.
So, where does that leave us....? At the mercy of the "Quality over quantity" equation, and they know it. NONE of the products are priced with any other incentive than to charge as much as people are willing to pay for it. I'm not even complaining. That's Capitalism folks.

Also, instead of paying 4G for a gaming wheel, you could always build an autocross car and "actually" race. Sim wheels don't seem so important when you can stand in the garage with reality.

These days, talent does count, but a lot of Sim racing is down to who's got more money to spend on a better responding rig than the next person. Ironic, seeing as racing is generally made to be so completely even of a playing field as to penalize weight simply because a driver is skinnier than another, LOL.

When everyone is on the same wheel/pedals with the same system, CPU, GPU, RAM, then, and only then, will sim racing step up to the next level.
So what your saying is you want to play consoles? lol. SIM racing is much more ability over equipment. I'm still getting owned by g27's! And I roll with the CSW line. If your slow your slow lol. Might as well enjoy the feeling of your slowness.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm slow too - at least relative to the pace setters. I didn't realize how slow I was until I ran my first races in iRacing. After the start, I wouldn't see the leaders again until they lapped me. The only chance I had of finishing on the podium was if they crashed out as a result of laughing at me too hard.:)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm slow too - at least relative to the pace setters. I didn't realize how slow I was until I ran my first races in iRacing. After the start, I wouldn't see the leaders again until they lapped me. The only chance I had of finishing on the podium was if they crashed out as a result of laughing at me too hard.:)
Lmao, same here too!

Upvote 0
Here is a direct quote regarding the AccuForce Pro.

Berney Villers wrote:
AccuForce Pro - Designed to compete head to head with today's best force feedback systems, the AccuForce Pro is an extremely powerful and accurate direct drive system complete with motor, motor enclosure, controller, wheel, wheel button box, quick release, paddle shifters, mounting hardware and much more. This system will require completion of an electronic disclaimer to enable full torque mode. We've tailored the Pro to meet the needs of the most demanding sim racers and sim drivers by exceeding the specifications of existing high end wheels. The product will be priced under $2000 USD at release. End Quote.

There are going to be two other models - one high-end for Racing Teams and a bare-bones DIY version for modding.

Upvote 0
Here is a little more info on the AccuForce line ( info provided by Berney Villers):

AccuForce DIY Kit: Consists of a professionally tuned controller and motor set, plus cabling. This offering is targeted at the DIY enthusiast or cockpit builder with extreme space constraints. We also envision this to be a good platform for extreme modding. The motor and electronics in this kit mirror that of the AccuForce Pro.

AccuForce Pro - Designed to compete head to head with today's best force feedback systems, the AccuForce Pro is an extremely powerful and accurate direct drive system complete with motor, motor enclosure, controller, wheel, wheel button box, quick release, paddle shifters, mounting hardware and much more. This system will require completion of an electronic disclaimer to enable full torque mode. We've tailored the Pro to meet the needs of the most demanding sim racers and sim drivers by exceeding the specifications of existing high end wheels. The product will be priced under $2000 USD at release.

AccuForce Team - The AccuForce Team Edition provides more than 2x the torque of today's best direct drive wheels. The AccuForce Pro is dangerously powerful but the Team Edition is downright frightening. This wheel is intended for use by conditioned athletes and is not suitable for sim racing use. As such it will only be made available to prominent teams, engineering firms and race driver physical fitness facilities at SimXperience discretion.

Upvote 0
So what your saying is you want to play consoles? lol. SIM racing is much more ability over equipment. I'm still getting owned by g27's! And I roll with the CSW line. If your slow your slow lol. Might as well enjoy the feeling of your slowness.

Saleem in my opinion and that of several reviewers the CSW/CSR-E base is smooth, yes, but slow on countersteer corrections. At times this allows the car to get away from you, particularly if you use loose-is-fast setups. I found more on-track speed by doing numerous mods to greatly reduce drag/friction/resistance.

When I set some fast times using the modded F wheel I reset my CSR-E base to stock behavior and tried the same courses. Cannot hit the same times. Back to mod, can hit the mark within 2 tenths. I would not want to race 9 other guys running fast countersteer / high feel wheels if I had to run stock.

Upvote 0
Saleem in my opinion and that of several reviewers the CSW/CSR-E base is smooth, yes, but slow on countersteer corrections. At times this allows the car to get away from you, particularly if you use loose-is-fast setups. I found more on-track speed by doing numerous mods to greatly reduce drag/friction/resistance.

When I set some fast times using the modded F wheel I reset my CSR-E base to stock behavior and tried the same courses. Cannot hit the same times. Back to mod, can hit the mark within 2 tenths. I would not want to race 9 other guys running fast countersteer / high feel wheels if I had to run stock.
I've come to that conclusion after being forced to use my g27 for a month. It is quicker especially with the small corrections you need. But what can I do? I don't have the budget for the accuforce wheel before other upgrades so I just have to deal with it.

Upvote 0
It is a very common feeling, to believe that the reason others SIM racer are faster is because they have a better set up, to change the wheel comes to mind as a logical solution to improve performance. The sad fact his that faster guy's are faster even with a controller.
I am not fast, I have had the pleasure to race with fast guy's in leagues, they do not cheat in any way, they are just fast.
The existing wheels and the future wheels will never make a slow guy like me fast like them. Never!
What a good wheel or better wheel does, is improve on the immersion,not your lap time. same for bigger screen, motion or anything else, excpet maybe for better pedals.
They will also make you appreciate better SIM, particularely the physic. A better rig will expose the short comings of GT6 and give you a wider grin when driving the 312T in AC.
To me, more immersive is what I am after in any expense I do on my rig, and that is all I would except if I ever acquire a Accuforce.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is one other thing you guys need to know, software, drivers, and this is something I believe Berney is going to be delivering the goods on as well, this will be a key part in the overall package as well and I sincerely hope all developers will embrace it with open arms to help fully support it.

Upvote 0
I am following Berney's posts on iRacing - nothing new to report there. Anyone else heard any rumors about a possible Servo Wheel from Fanatec? That could be interesting.

I think one other benefit of having a better wheel is that of consistency. Being able to better detect the edge of grip can reduce mistakes and save tires in longer races resulting in overall improvements in finishes.

Upvote 0
I think its a fair bet Fanatec have something from that direction coming, but then it will come down to the drivers and firware/controller board & software solutions, a servo motor is a servo motor at the end of the day eh :D

Hopefully we will be seeing some interesting developments soon.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years