simxperience accuforce wheel

Hi,

Does anyone know something about this servomotordriven wheel?
It's still under development and over at ISR they were superenthusiastic bout it.
Anything from an esitmated price or release date would be awesome
although I doubt it having searched the internet already :unsure:

Yeah same here, I missed batch 2 by 1 day. I've seen a slow trickle of YouTube videos but was curious about how the reality of the wheel stands up to people's expectations, I've seen mentioned that the standard rim has some annoying flex, I've already been looking into replacements for this, I also saw an adjustment addon for positioning the wheel that I'm thinking sounds like a good idea.

Upvote 0
The flex is not something that I noticed when using the wheel at all. Sure, you can torque it back and forth and make it flex but, it's not something that I do when using a wheel normally.

There are quite a few AF users now on the Pcars and AC forums but, most are in iRacing. It seems everyone is quite happy with their wheels. Some are opting for stronger and lighter wheel swaps but, in some cases it comes down to aesthetics or size & shape of the wheel and a few prefer leather over the suede wrap.

Upvote 0
It was the sim racing garage video that got me worried, I was hoping his rim was faulty as it seemed to flex quite a lot in the video, @RaceNut do you use the simexperience ffb or prefer the ffb from the game and when using the wheels own ffb does it make games with poor ffb feel a lot better?

Upvote 0
It was the sim racing garage video that got me worried, I was hoping his rim was faulty as it seemed to flex quite a lot in the video, @RaceNut do you use the simexperience ffb or prefer the ffb from the game and when using the wheels own ffb does it make games with poor ffb feel a lot better?
The only time I noticed the flex was when watching someone else drive with the highest force settings; feel wise, I never noticed it.

I really like the SC4 FFB in most cases; it offers the greatest adjust-ability and customization IMO. Having said that, not all games have proper telemetry data to take full advantage of SC4 effects. In such cases, the game-provided FFB is still going to be great using the AF over other wheels - no contest IMO.

It's just that SC4 FFB cab be finely tuned to create FFB with subtle cues that I never imagined possible before. The differences in curb height, steepness, and approach angle can be felt, as can different tire sidewall flex characteristics. iRacing excels at demonstrating these differences with the AF whereas, I felt iR's FFB was terrible when using other wheels. Using the AF can literally be a "Game Changer" where the FFB is concerned.

Upvote 0
The only time I noticed the flex was when watching someone else drive with the highest force settings; feel wise, I never noticed it.

I really like the SC4 FFB in most cases; it offers the greatest adjust-ability and customization IMO. Having said that, not all games have proper telemetry data to take full advantage of SC4 effects. In such cases, the game-provided FFB is still going to be great using the AF over other wheels - no contest IMO.

It's just that SC4 FFB cab be finely tuned to create FFB with subtle cues that I never imagined possible before. The differences in curb height, steepness, and approach angle can be felt, as can different tire sidewall flex characteristics. iRacing excels at demonstrating these differences with the AF whereas, I felt iR's FFB was terrible when using other wheels. Using the AF can literally be a "Game Changer" where the FFB is concerned.

Hi racenut, did you try the accforce with raceroom please? Is ffb ok with it?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi racenut, did you try the accforce with raceroom please? Is ffb ok with it?

Thanks
I tried but, I could only get the game FFB to work. SC4 was not logging any game telemetry for use with SC4 for me. It's possible that I missed a setting somewhere. The game FFB works but, you will want to turn off some canned effects, specifically the engine-vibes and brake lock effects as they cause major synthesizer-like noise.

Upvote 0
I tried but, I could only get the game FFB to work. SC4 was not logging any game telemetry for use with SC4 for me. It's possible that I missed a setting somewhere. The game FFB works but, you will want to turn off some canned effects, specifically the engine-vibes and brake lock effects as they cause major synthesizer-like noise.
Thanks racenut

Upvote 0
I know @Georg Ortner runs R3E with a motion rig so maybe he can shed some light on how to get the telemetry out to SC4, if at all possible?

Upvote 0
That would be great, because right now from all the sims I have (Pcars, AC, RF2) R3E is the most game I'm enjoying with my G25, great FFB. It would be strange buying a much better wheel and quit playing R3E.
No need to quit playing anything using the AF; I even get great FFB with Dirt Rally via SC4 FFB even though there is no AF preset or access to the game FFB settings available. The AF can work like any other wheel, with any title, with or without SC4 support. SC4 allows for greater effects, features and customization but, the AF alone improves game FFB in a big way over any entry-level or mid-level gear.

Upvote 0
This is totally unorthodox but if you would treat it as a non force feedback wheel? How well could it compare to the ECCI in smoothness and feel. So okay you may have some kind of centering force but the idea is that it shouldn´t feel like there is force feedback motor working on it.

Upvote 0
This is totally unorthodox but if you would treat it as a non force feedback wheel? How well could it compare to the ECCI in smoothness and feel. So okay you may have some kind of centering force but the idea is that it shouldn´t feel like there is force feedback motor working on it.
I've never used the ECCI wheel but, I'm sure the AF can be setup to feel the same. If you turn off the FFB, the wheel turns very smoothly and easily; dial in a bit of center spring in SC4 and it should come very close although, why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.:)

Upvote 0
Noticed some people mentioning an upgraded leather rim (not the optional momo rim) for the accuforce, does anyone have any info on this as I can't find any info about it on the SE site?

Upvote 0
I quite fancy one of these wheels but I live in a flat and I am worried about the vibration annoying the downstairs neighbours. I saw a video on YouTube where the reviewer said his neighbours might soon be complaining. Would be interested to hear if it possible to run this wheel without annoying other people in my block. I had a buttkicker a few years back and had to keep it dialled down so low that it was barely worth having, even the old lady two floors below could feel it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back