'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
That icon is for ASIO-for-All drivers.

Ah okay, then this is why it's happening in 6 channel only as previously queried if ASIO was the issue/cause of preventing loading.

New Question...
Regards a long corner and effects in operation for this.

Is their any advantage to having much longer WAV files that are less repeated so that they can give a greater varation in sensation? I am messing about with this at the moment but curious on your opinion.

As unlike motion cockpits we are not limited to an amount of angle/physical movement.
For instance, would a 5 second or longer WAV file represent advantages over a very short one repeated many times?

Upvote 0
Yes, I think there could be advantage if you'd like the sound wave to have a complex textured shape. I'm not sure in my English. Is "landscape grain" a good word for that?
SimShaker - Wheels doesn't matter what sound wave length to loop, within reasonable limits.

Upvote 0
Yes, I think there could be advantage if you'd like the sound wave to have a complex textured shape. I'm not sure in my English. Is "landscape grain" a good word for that?
SimShaker - Wheels doesn't matter what sound wave length to loop, within reasonable limits.

Okay I wanted to ask as felt I was making progress with longer files and less loops. I presume the gain is increased/decreased based on the telemetry values at each moment not how long or many times the effect is looped?

New Test Example: 17.3 Mb

Your Default: 225 Kb

Upvote 0
Yes, the gain is increased/decreased based on the telemetry values at each moment.

Okay good to know for sure but making excellent progress now with the (14/15) "Lateral G" effect and have it work well with (8/9) "Wheel Slip". I am able to monitor the signals when driving/cornering for example (8/9) in the front channels and (14/15) in the rear channels. So interesting to see each and aiming to have both these effects work much better with each other.

Seeing them in operation as driving is certainly helping, thanks for confirming.

Upvote 0
I have various samples currently testing like this and some with different levels of fade in.

Think I understand what you are saying here...

Although some fade in seems to help as with longer corners the force can then continue to get stronger rather than the user feel the very peak of force only a few tenths or say within half a second into the corner and then it get no stronger.

If having the "potential peak" based on both the amplitude of the frequencies (using fade in) and the highest values for the telemetry combined then this seems to be producing an increased tactile sensation in long corners or those at slow/medium speeds. As this enables the peak sensation to grow/build further into the corner with more progression (when a high value is active and the fade-in point has past).

We can't determine the fade out as each corner/track and car combination will vary in their timing but we can determine the corner entry so that some corners have greater build up of sensation. What I'm trying to accomplish is a situation that represents a progressive sensation to create the WAV file long enough to possibly cover the "time" a user may be actively turning in corners. This is not just for say like really long corners akin to ovals but 2nd/3rd gear corners taken at lower speeds too.

Will continue to play around with options but so far these newest effects seem better compared to previous ones I already done. This seems to be working well for both Wheel Slip and Lateral G. What is needed is more people willing to get involved in testing and giving feedback to what they perhaps prefer or like best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Andre, recently you asked about the "compressor" feature added.

Have found an issue with the compressor causing an annoying knocking effect.
Noticeable in cornering when on the extremes of the track limits is happening with the "wheel slip".

A test to highlight this issue, that worked for me which you may be able to replicate.

Place the car in a large gravel section so no wheels will contact the track surface or grass.
Spin the can in a constant circle with "wheel slip effect on" Try this with compressor "On" and then "Off"

With compressor turned to "On" you should experience this knocking issue.

Upvote 0

To confirm the compressor is causing the issue. Tried also with a standard file as requested but still happens.

Note, I keep my DGX sound card to only 40% output for my SSW usage.

Had "Wheel Slip" also at 40% and tried various Threshold levels.
At these settings the effect is reaching +1dB but clearly, when the compressor is enabled it's visible, that all the frequencies are bouncing up/down and the compressor is also introducing additional lower frequencies than just those used by the effect.

This issue causes my TST units to make a really bad clack noise with this, very annoying.
So at present, I will run beta with compressor off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK. Got it.
Thank you for the feedback.

(Reminder, all my testing is in AC only)

No probs

I have a new detailed file working rather well for acceleration that helps represent engine rpm/load.
Although it would be nice if you could alter the beta so that this does not cut out at a set speed but instead lets the effect operate up to the highest/max speed.

Decelleration seems to have some activity also with high speed/gear changes or close to the RPM limits. Need to look further into it or if you can give more information on this.

Is noticeable when bouncing off the redline but a little weak. Not sure if you can help increase or better exploit this? Currenly using a file with this and it set to 100% as this can work well with the specific file I am using for good sensation when letting off the throttle and then feel acceleration when on the throttle. Both complimenting each other.

Also looking to try and make use of Engine effect for a background engine sensation at a lower volume output to further complement Acc & Dec towards getting something that represents better engine load/speed immersion.

Ideally, though we need something that allows us to utilise a 20-30Hz range/difference in Hz that can start no higher than 70% RPM upto 100% RPM to really let us create more exciting or enjoyable engines.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you Mr Latte.
I'm going to add Load Engine Fx at 70-100% RPM. I will try to implement it for JetSeats first of all.I think I will need to use a different method for bass-shakers, later.
I don't think it's a good idea to mix Engine Load and Acceleration.

Upvote 0
Look forward to you implementing this and test with some files

Not sure if you can adopt such to also operate from approx 0% - 20% RPM for idle/inertia type effect
Then kick in again at 70% - 100% for high RPM detailing.

I would have done this via individual layers on Simvibe to achieve engine characteristics.
May be harder in this case to have both and it work successfully.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering