'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
% Of Threshold Confusion

If you reverse it Andre then it will be more like Simvibe and maybe less confusing.
In that 100% is with Threshold at ZERO and 0% is Threshold at MAX

Its normal for people to assume 100% is MAX for effect and NOT 0%
Basically it's working in the opposite of what some may be used to with Simvibe.

Simple to sort.... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would it be possible to select multiple (at least more than one) dedicated sound cards at the same time?

I tried voicemeeter but there was a very noticable lag.

Upvote 0
With the possibility to select more than one dedicated sound card I could use a second pair of bass shakers that would be connected to another amplifier.

Upvote 0
@Vranq no, no, no, this is not the way to go about such my friend.

You can split the outputs via Y adapters to create al pair for each output.
Doing this can reduce the output level though. There are other hardware options to duplicate or create multiple outputs of a source input. You don't need additional sound cards.

Powered AV Distribution based boxes which use RCA connections are not that expensive and allow old school composite VIDEO & LEFT/RIGHT connections. These can come in variations. Connect the sound card via 3.5mm - RCA. Then output via RCA to whatever connection your amplifier uses be it RCA, 1/4" Jack or XLR.

These then can offer at least 2 outputs for each input but in this example upto 8.
Please keep in mind you want a "Splitter" NOT a "Switcher" as one duplicates a source to multiple outputs. The other allows multiple inputs to be connected and only 1 selected as the output.

Example:
Output to 4 & 8 devices.

Please try to find it and end in the task manager process list instead of reboot.

Kinda worked, in that first time it was okay but trying to do same again it didn't. Nor would manual start work. Will try again sometime later but check on your own end for more than one attempt.

This isn't a problem in "Stereo 2CHN" mode by changing the WAV files in the folder, then closing the control window. As it reloads with "Auto Selected" and then uses the new "WAV" files. With this issue in 6 Channel, it really hampers testing of effects and different WAV files.

Just reporting bugs/issues as I find them....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Vranq

This isn't a problem in "Stereo 2CHN" mode by changing the WAV files in the folder, then closing the control window. As it reloads with "Auto Selected" and then uses the new "WAV" files. With this issue in 6 Channel, it really hampers testing of effects and different WAV files.
Thank you Mr.Latte, but I don't understand this part. Sorry, English is not my first language.

Upvote 0
Thank you Mr.Latte, but I don't understand this part. Sorry, English is not my first language.

Okay, so when using 2 CHN mode and a scenario of testing effects but the user wanting to try multiple WAV files one at a time for an effect. We can goto the folder and rename a new WAV file to represent the effect with the software still running. Then close the 2nd screen (with slider controls), then when it reloads (via autostart) the new replaced WAV file is loaded/operational.

With this, I can easily rename the effect number with alternative WAV files and do easy comparisons.
The issue is this not being possible in 6 Channel mode. As the software will not restart properly, nor will manual start work. It hangs at the first screen. When we try closing it.

Trying to close via "Task Manager" did allow the software to restart with a new file but just the once.
For me on the second attempt again it would hang as unresponsive at the first screen.

Upvote 0
@Vranq no, no, no, this is not the way to go about such my friend.

You can split the outputs via Y adapters to create al pair for each output.
Doing this can reduce the output level though. There are other hardware options to duplicate or create multiple outputs of a source input. You don't need additional sound cards.

I don't need additional sound cards because i already have enough. I use onboard sound and HDMI. I have 3 identical monitors connected with HDMI and so i could actually use up to 4 soundcards (including onboard sound) if the software would allow that.

At the moment i have my bass shakers connected to (one) HDMI by using the headphone output of the monitor and it works very good. My onboard sound is for speakers and headphones which i want to be activated together.

The splitter is a good sugestion but i wouldn't need it if the SimShaker software would allow me to select multiple dedicated soundcards at the same time. This would be the easiest and of course cheapest way for me to get it running as i want it.

Upvote 0
% Of Threshold Confusion

If you reverse it Andre then it will be more like Simvibe and maybe less confusing.
In that 100% is with Threshold at ZERO and 0% is Threshold at MAX

Its normal for people to assume 100% is MAX for effect and NOT 0%
Basically it's working in the opposite of what some may be used to with Simvibe.

Simple to sort.... :)

I don't agree on that. As it works now is absolutely logical for me. No confusion.

Upvote 0
Off topic a bit...
As my audio setup becomes more and more complicated, I find these to be very helpful:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aud...al-Select-Output-Type-Module/32673655261.html
I think one can easily make a switch like this, but these switches are really cheap, and they work.

Now I can have these entertainments:
  1. driving in sims with SSW;
  2. watching movie with shaker on audio tactile in VR;
  3. watching movie with shaker on audio tactile on monitor, while switching between speakers and headphone.
Together with audio driver controls, life becomes much easier for me.

Upvote 0
Off topic a bit...
As my audio setup becomes more and more complicated, I find these to be very helpful:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aud...al-Select-Output-Type-Module/32673655261.html
I think one can easily make a switch like this, but these switches are really cheap, and they work.

Now I can have these entertainments:
  1. driving in sims with SSW;
  2. watching movie with shaker on audio tactile in VR;
  3. watching movie with shaker on audio tactile on monitor, while switching between speakers and headphone.
Together with audio driver controls, life becomes much easier for me.

I think you can do that with Voicemeeter Banana as well...

Upvote 0
Nice to see this thread back....

Andre I'm now building a brand new set of files for 4/6 channel but do so this time based on my audio monitoring software/hardware. This to help determine and fine-tune what Hz are being utilised by each effect I create. I can use the monitoring to help get a better partnership for different effects with the goal that the felt sensation is also improved.

6 Channel Issue
I have sorted out the issue for closing SSW via Task Manager so now can change effects in the folders again upon testing. When doing this the user has to be sure to close the "Launcher". However what was happening on my system on doing this after the 2nd time or more (as testing different files in folder 6) I mentioned it would stop loading the second screen with all the controls.

I found that this different icon (not red like others) can appear in Task Manager and then needs closed. Once closed it will load properly as normal.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play