'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
did you maybe improve engine sound nr.3 ? just played with the audio tool and if you play back it in loop (=faster than in the game) it feels better with the bassshaker.

I've not did a No.3 file so it will just use the default if the effect is on.
Do see potential in further improvement though with the No.11 effect (acceleration). While it may feel a bit strong off the line. This can be quite a nice effect. My current file is rather weak on some models, so this is one that I will be trying with A B C D alternatives.

Would be good to get you onboard or others to test variants.
We can look at No.3 if you want.

Can only make things better by the feedback others may give or if people don't bother then will just concentrate on my own rig.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@=Andre=
do you think you could implement support for GTR2 and Race07. As far as i know these sims are using the same way to export telemetry data as Raceroom does.

(P.S.
And how about support for IL2 1946 in Wings or Aviators?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys,
I've re-worked Bumps FX for Assetto Corsa and published it in SimShaker - Wheels beta version 2.16.

Bumps FX in AC is now based on Suspension Travel values, instead of Vertical acceleration and Bank as it was before. I think such approach is more accurate when driving across the curbs.

I'm trying to normalise FX strength for different cars using suspensionMaxTravel data from AC shared memory. Not sure it's a great idea though, since AC reports data not for every single axis and not for every single car. Actual Suspension Travel value changes can go beyond suspensionMaxTravel reported, if so.Seems to be weird for me, or may be I miss something.
Anyway, the FX works, and I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please instruct on the simplest easiest way to update.
Mine is reporting 2.11 :redface:

Clearly, mine has not Auto Updated in past.

"Updates
The software is designed to update automatically. New version check performs at every SimShaker-Wheels Launcher start. If new version is found, at the next start you will be prompted to install the update.
If you'd like to enforce the update for some reason, you can try to do that by downloading and running this "application file."

Does not update for me at all...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you are trying to update stable version instead of beta version, which is a different piece of software.

It would make a LOT of sense if you clearly had links for stable version and beta
Here friend.

The "blog" website is very confusing with all the different versions and add-ons. As newcomers are not aware of "Wheels / Wings" versions etc. Needs to be more clear and simplified.

Please advise and provide link and info on how to install Beta yet not have it alter Stable version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it somehow possible to get a strong hit on landings in Dirt Rally after jumping over a crest? Bumps & Buffets seem to be very weak in Dirt Rally.

(Edit: btw i can't find a link to 2.16 beta)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would not name this as a valueble feedback...

Patience ...... :coffee:

Also finally setting up "Center Channel" for a TST unit for the back of my seat to work with the FL FR RL RR.

Discovering that DGX sound card is outputting "Center Channel" at a lower level (via music playback testing). This may happen on other cards also but I clearly seen it with my audio monitoring.

Will check this with SSW usage on next tests.

To better balance for my own config, I used the following.
All other channels lowered to 80

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay so after quite a lot of time in monitoring different settings.
The new Bumps feature in the Beta 2.16 does seem good.
I also do not have the issue that I have in the stable version in that I have to set the sound card to 2chn then back to 6chn to get it to output.

However here are the main issues.

Sensitivity Control
If this is at 0% or low levels it is oversensitive. People may think it produces the most detail at this value. For example with the car at a standstill, just turning the steerling wheel back/forth will produce a response as the car moves ever, ever so slightly. So then all steering input is going to create a response not just road bumps. This can be a bit artificial feeling imho.

The problem is the more we increase the "Threshold Value %"
Then smaller bumps and detailing is being lost.

Why do that some may ask?

Stereo Bump Representation
The reason is that to get improved stereo separation for the L/R channels we need to increase the % higher. If not then many bumps transmit from the side/channel of the bump/curb to the opposite channel. This then makes larger bumps feel like mono as both L/R are activated. I would say that in AC about 70% Sensitivity is producing good separation to a point that it requires much larger bump values to have an effect on the opposite channel. This to me is more accurate and means many curbs or on/off track moments are detected in the appropriate sides/channels.

We still see instances that both sides are showing a response but now only with rather large bumps/forces.

Small Bump & Track Detailing
For small bumps detailing and controlling the over sensitivity issue 20% Sensitivity is rather good.
This lets the user feel many small bumps and detailing.

Found it was about 28% Sensitivity before it eradicated the over sensitivity issue with the car at a standstill and turning the wheel left/right. Of course if moving then speed will be a factor to the forces generated and this being felt again.

I would say that at 10% Sensitivity many nice details are felt when cornering and possibly with the very smallest road bump values. Going higher with the Sensitivity you lose this but at this level you then have the other issues mentioned above with stereo separation or channel blending.

What If?
What may be ideal is if you could create a duplicate of this effect but control it that one can better represent the 70% Sensitivity for improved stereo bumps. Then another operate like approx 10% but have this filtered that it does not react above perhaps 10% (or whatever) value. If we had this then we could have an individual WAV file that suits the small bump detailing and control the small bumps volume individually from bigger bump values.

This would allow the user to feel much more distinction for each scenario than one bump based effect we currently have.

I hope this is more valuable for you Andre...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait...
What is the definition of sensitivity in the settings? I thought higher values meant that even the slightest changes would generate signal output, so I kept the value quite high (e.g. tried 70%-100% for bumps).

Upvote 0
Wait...
What is the definition of sensitivity in the settings? I thought higher values meant that even the slightest changes would generate signal output, so I kept the value quite high (e.g. tried 70%-100% for bumps).
That's actually a threshold, measured in SSW internal units. The higher you set the threshold, the bigger bump (in SSW internal units) should be to exceed the threshold. But I do not recommend to set it at 0, since as Mr.Latte noticed " just turning the steering wheel back/forth will produce a response".
I think I should remove that % character away from this control since it may be confusing.

Upvote 0
Bug Report

Beta Version 2:16 is not cutting out with Compressor on as it is doing with 6CHN in Stable version.

However:
If running and quit the app, to place new effects in the folder and then to load up again.
It will NOT bring up the 2nd screen.

*This issue is happening on both beta and stable it seems when 6CHN mode is being used.
Requires for me a system reboot so is a pain in the backside if trying to compare or swap effects in folders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering