'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Adding more to these but here are my latest V2 files for "Lateral G" / "Deceleration" / "Wheel Slip"
Quite a lot of time, effort, and testing has been put into these and to ensure they are using frequencies that complement and work well together.

Should work well on most units but also deliver good power in low frequencies on models like the BK Advance or BK-LFE.

Note, these are 6 channel so load in Audacity and delete un-required channels if you are not using 6 channel mode. Then save the file and place in the correct folder either for 1,2,6 Channel Mode.

Here

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@=Andre=

Question:
To save me time, in reference to "Mono Bump" is this only active on titles that do not use stereo based suspension effects? Or for users with only 1 Tactile unit? Basically, when is Mono bump as an effect applied?

3 Or 5 Way Config - Additional MONO Low-End Bass Extension?
If for example I wanted to create a config that suited a user with already having a 2 or 4 channel layout but then adding a single large BK LFE or BK Advance and use it like a subwoofer type role. The purpose to emphasize low frequencies for some of the effects at specific moments. I could create .wav files to accommodate users with this type of configuration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Continuing testing

SSW Beta 2.18 (Bugs)
Engine effect will still operate even if box is not ticked

Acceleration Longitudinal does not seem to be active?

Maybe an issue my end but I've tried with default file and custom, no activity in AC.

Edit:
Discovered the issue with No.11 Acc Z (Acceleration Longitudinal)
Seems another problem with the new on/off check boxes

It will only operate when "Acc Lateral" has box ticked even if this effect is set to 0% it still activates No.11 "Acc Longitudinal". Doesn't matter if check box for No.11 "Acc Longitudinal" is on/off it will only work when check box for "Acc Lateral" is ticked to on. The gain for No.11 "Acc Longitudinal" is working via its own slider though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@=Andre=

Question:
To save me time, in reference to "Mono Bump" is this only active on titles that do not use stereo based suspension effects? Or for users with only 1 Tactile unit? Basically, when is Mono bump as an effect applied?
With re-worked bumps detection method in AC - never.
In other titles when there is a positive vertical acceleration change, but a bank value is zero. If the bank value is not zero left or right bumps samples are triggered.

Upvote 0
Continuing testing

SSW Beta 2.18 (Bugs)
Engine effect will still operate even if box is not ticked

Acceleration Longitudinal does not seem to be active?

Maybe an issue my end but I've tried with default file and custom, no activity in AC.

Edit:
Discovered the issue with No.11 Acc Z (Acceleration Longitudinal)
Seems another problem with the new on/off check boxes

It will only operate when "Acc Lateral" has box ticked even if this effect is set to 0% it still activates No.11 "Acc Longitudinal". Doesn't matter if check box for No.11 "Acc Longitudinal" is on/off it will only work when check box for "Acc Lateral" is ticked to on. The gain for No.11 "Acc Longitudinal" is working via its own slider though.
Thank you for the feedback. I will check it at mine.

Upvote 0
Your welcome, thanks for info on Mono bumps.

Im working on new Bumps/Buffets .wav for V2 and wanted to ask another question.
I may be wrong but It appears with Sensitivity at 10% while more detail can be felt this has a drawback in small bumps overlapping across the L/R channels. Raising this reduces the amount of smaller bumps that will be produced but it seems to also improve the independent stereo separation for L/R with fewer bumps spreading over both L/R channels?

Is there a way to improve feeling the smaller bump values but these filtered so as not crossing channels to either side? It just may be what the telemetry is outputting but I see often with some small bumps they shouldn't be creating similar energy in an opposite channel for what are left/right directional curbs. Will spend some more time monitoring this in more detail.

Magione track has lots of little bumps and ideal L/R testing, feels very good at 40% with my current .wav file. Below 20% is VERY sensitive to even cause effect from steering at stationary.

I think one of the problems with past .wav files I did for this effect, was them having too much gain as then bigger bump values may have been clipping with high volume settings. This effect seems to be working better with a .wav having lower dB to allow better detailing in small-larger bumps and avoid any potential issues.

Edit:
Re-calibrated my audio input device to ensure it was adding no gain to the audio-readings I was seeing coming out of the Asus DGX.

Have now altered my amp volumes so that the card is output at 100% and will test effects for V2 with SSW also upto 100% setting to try and ensure this V2 set is to a higher standard and will avoid bad clipping for everyone to enjoy more. I'm trying to understand more here regards output levels and creating effects. So appreciate any feedback you can give. Are you limiting output to 3dB but clipping is still possible with files that my have an excessive gain when used with 100% settings?

Can you look at and compare (No4 4 High Gain) with standard (No4) and (No5) in the link below.
The High Gain effect with Max volume and at 100% to see if one feels better than the other?

Current file for V2 Bumps/Buffets added Here
This with DGX at 100% and SSW Effect Setting at 100% is outputting at a peak of +3dB which seems ideal.

Edit 2
Have added more new files.
Anyone have issues with these please say as will submit for upload after final testing is complete to form V2 set.

1) Gear Shift
4) Bump Left
5) Bump Right
11) Acceleration
12) Deceleration
14) Acc X Left (Rear Only)
15) Acc X Right (Rear Only)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've found and fixed the error. Please try again with beta v. 2.19

Ah okay but I think you now have Accel & Decel mixed around.

If the Check Box is ticked for Deceleration it activates Acceleration
Slider control still controls the correct effect.

If tick Acceleration it activates Deceleration

*Engine Beat will still operate if box not ticked.

I feel v2.20 is coming :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dear Andre, Dear all , greetings from Spain!

One simple question, due to tomorrow is the release date of "Project Cars 2", please, could you tell me if we have to follow same procedure as "Project Cars" to make work SimShakerWheels?

"Project CARS
Check if shared memory is turned on. It's turned off by default, and switched on via the Main Menu options screen, under 'Help & Options' -> 'Visuals' -> 'Hardware' -> 'Use Shared Memory' -> 'Yes'."

This "main menu option" refers to main menu of Project Cars?? (once you are inside of the game)
I never played to Project Cars 1 and it is not installed in my computer.

I also saw your post about P.Cars2 which says:

"Hi guys,
this time support for early access version of Project CARS2 added.
Please use original Project Cars shared memory mode in the game.
Drive with pleasure :)"

but, Im so sorry, I dont understand when you said "use original Project Cars"

Thanks a lot for your kind support!!!

best regards

***EDIT***:
Ok, I found this.. i think that it is you wanna mean , right?
http://www.acmedevelop.com/images/shared_memory.png

So, I only have to swich in "YES" and SimShakerWeels should work ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That was all said regarding Project CARS and early access Project CARS2 version.
Let's wait and see what's in release Project CARS2 version tomorrow.
Don't worry ;)

Upvote 0
I'm sure I'm missing something stupid, but I cannot get the software to update. It is stuck on 2.11. Is there something I need to do to allow Beta access? I have tried using the forced update link found in the user guide with no luck....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back