'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Guys, I've tried Project CARS2 release version and added its executable file to SimShaker - Wheels watching list. Version 2.24 is published as beta. I'm going to release it as stable as well.
You can find the game shared memory settings in the game System params and it should be set to Project CARS1.

Upvote 0
@=Andre= hi again, man. Hope you are fine!

Whenever I try to launch Project Cars 2 with Simshaker enabled, the Simshaker program crashes.
Are there any additional steps I should take?

EDIT: Actually, Wheels crashes with every single game. v2.24

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Robin,
Looks like SimShaker - Wheels executable file is quarantined or removed by antiviral software and could not be found by SimShaker - Wheels Launcher.
Please check your antiviral software activity history and settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Didnt get any AV notifications.

But a reinstall a) doesnt put a shortcut on my desktop anymore and b) the app launches, waits for a game and once any sim is launched it initially shows it has detected the game, but shortly afterwards the SSW app crashes and vanishes without any error window...

Upvote 0
Robin,
actually, reinstall is not a method of solving the problem in most cases. I would recommend it very seldom, in a very particular circumstances.
>> a) doesnt put a shortcut on my desktop anymore
hmm, sounds strange, I think something blocks the app preventing it from a correct execution

>> b) the app launches, waits for a game and once any sim is launched it initially shows it has detected the game, but shortly afterwards the SSW app crashes and vanishes
that's what I was talking about. When it's time to launch the app, the executable file is not found since it's "stolen"

>> without any error window...
I will add the info pop up window in the very next version of SimShaker - Wheels. Hopefully that will make life a bit easier.

>>Didnt get any AV notifications.
Please have a look into AV software log.
What AV software do you use?

Upvote 0
You can exclude something like this C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\[abracadabra]\[abracadabra]
On my PC it looks like on a screenshot attached 2017-09-23 14-09-19 8WC8DY6O.92K.png

You can also submit SimShaker - Wheels.exe file to Norton as a false detected threat.

Is the problem solved this time or not?

Upvote 0
Thanks will try it when I have time.
Why are the executabled so deep down into the system's file structure?
No way to just have the possibility to have the simshaker software in something like X:\Sims\SimShaker ?

Upvote 0
Robin,
that's possible.
You can simply find the last version* of SimShaker - Wheels.exe inside that folder and copy it and everything around it into desired location. I could also put stable versions on an ftp server for easy downloading.
But you will miss auto-updates and rollbacks in such a case. I don't have my own auto-update technic yet, I use an existing deployment technic by Microsoft to achieve that.

* - you will probably also find a previous version of the file, since it is stored for reverting back purposes, if you updated the app, but haven't removed the app.

Upvote 0
Just been trying the new Ferrari F1 2004 on Zandvoort in AC
Testing the revised bumps and gettig a good sensation with the curbs but also noticeable when the car bottoms before going up the hill section.

With Asus DGX soundcard set to 100% volume output
Sim Shaker Wheels set to 100% gain for Bump/Buffet effect

I have used a .wav file to have its amplitude to be in between what is the 0.5 & 1.0 magnification scale meter. This seems close to the limit to avoid possible clipping but still good and strong when both the soundcard and the gain are at max and when using what is good but comfortable setting on my iNuke amps. The iNuke amp is showing that is is close but under the clipping level with these all applied.

Click and then click again for larger.

What Id like is more information Andre if caution needs to be applied in creating .wav files with greater amplitude (like your own default have) and when used with max soundcard and gain settings? Or does the compressor or software do anything to prevent clipping at this moment in time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The FX reacts on suspension travel. I'm not surprised.

Yeah of course.
Is it just me imagining this, this particular car or have you improved the filtering with bumps?

While I've not tested this with a lot of cars (as maybe is some variation regards the suspension and its travel) in the F1 2004 it seems that 5% with the threshold filtering prevents a reaction from steering at idle and gives a lot of bump detailing when for example no steering is used or placing a reaction from the suspension due to body/chassis roll (just primarily from bumps / the main straight as example).

Increasing the value to say 30% losses out a great deal of the small bumps in this car. (test it on the main straight and not steering). Makes me wonder how this possibly alters from car-car or of course sim - sim?

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I haven't touched the filtering with bumps.
Suspension travel is pretty vary for different cars. As I had mentioned above I was trying to normalize it, but not for every single car and axis AC reports its max suspension travel.

If steering at idle is a big problem, I could suppress triggering the FX at zero speed.

Upvote 0
I haven't touched the filtering with bumps.
Suspension travel is pretty vary for different cars. As I had mentioned above I was trying to normalize it, but not for every single car and axis AC reports its max suspension travel.

If steering at idle is a big problem, I could suppress triggering the FX at zero speed.

Well not a big problem but may be a good idea as then 0% could be used.
It would be good to know if we could find two cars at extreme opposites regards the suspension being used if one is very reactive and another not so. Although such could likely be seen with very different car setups with the suspension of a car.

However its always easy to just move the slider if/when desired for different cars or mood. It's not as if we need a fixed % for them all. The KTM is fun to watch as you can see the shocks while feeling it. :)

Its possible some when playing may not realise that it's not always "on track bumps" this is activated with but also the "steering input". So I assume depending on each car, the speed or physics being utilised regards also the body roll and suspension being effected at any particular moment.

Just like the F1 car bottoming not all cars will perhaps do that as they have less speed/force and different suspensions.

Upvote 0
Robin,
that's possible.
You can simply find the last version* of SimShaker - Wheels.exe inside that folder and copy it and everything around it into desired location. I could also put stable versions on an ftp server for easy downloading.
But you will miss auto-updates and rollbacks in such a case. I don't have my own auto-update technic yet, I use an existing deployment technic by Microsoft to achieve that.

* - you will probably also find a previous version of the file, since it is stored for reverting back purposes, if you updated the app, but haven't removed the app.

Thanks Andre.

I have deleted all mentions of simshaker wheel from my pc and registry and started from scratch. It was a bit of a hassle because the files were so deep down into the system structure, but I managed it.
I created a custom whitelist for the files in Norton as well.
Now, upon reinstalling SSWheels I do get the shortcut again on my desktop, so I am hopeful the program is functional once again.
Will test further this evening.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back