'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Thank you for the video!
What if you try to use ASIO not with SSW, say, play some music for a while?

ASIO only seems to enable/operate when I switch SSW to 6 channel.
Using my DGX for music and as the primary sound device, it doesn't open even if the card is set to 4/6 channel. Tried manually launching it but then states no hardware found.

Upvote 0
Have a look at this video.
(Best to download for 1080p)

Note:
SSW is set to 6 channel mode
Soundcard is properly configured for 6 channels
Asus DGX shows audio via EQ as happening
Yet nothing is outputting from the card as can be seen by my audio plugins

I need to goto sound card settings to manually set 2 Channel
Then I get output
Then I have to select 6 Channel
Then I get 6 channel working

If I restart I have to do this procedure every time
Not sure if others are experiencing this or it's my system.

* It can then work for a short period and goes back to no output again but the EQ showing as if it is. Repeating the process by selecting 2 Chn and then 5.1 again.

** 6 channel mode if closing SSW then go to re-open it will not go past the launcher screen. Even hitting "manual start" does not respond. The solution seems to be a restart is required.

I will report back later with update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay so with further testing.....

The compressor is causing the cut out I'm experiencing.
Turning the output off.

Yet upon loading and starting SSW (with no compressor checked) I still have to enable 2 channel then 6 channel to get output from the card.

Hope its of some help.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hhhmmm.... sounds strange for me, since the compressor just reduces the volume and the level of the output signal. Nothing more. I think I will try to test it more thoroughly on my end with ASIO drivers.

Upvote 0
Hhhmmm.... sounds strange for me, since the compressor just reduces the volume and the level of the output signal. Nothing more. I think I will try to test it more thoroughly on my end with ASIO drivers.

Okay, just reporting what I have found and wanted to make you aware of the EQ showing a signal when none is output.

Im now going through every single effect and monitoring each individually to learn and study perhaps better ways to further improve files that may suit each effect based now on 6 Channel config.

Example:
Asus DGX volume only set to 35%
Compressor Off
Wheel Slip Effect at 20%
Sensitivity at 30%
When the users car is sideways this can go upto +6dB at a peak which is excessive

*I see with the Compressor turned ON it limits this peak to +3dB which is much better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Andre and Mr Latte,
I have tested with my basshaker. Loving the effects but didnt like engine sound. Mr latte wrote "
Personally found "engine beat" limited in what can be achieved from it, being a repeated single tone in its current form. If anything it's similar to "engine load" in Simvibe. In my personal view the only way to get detailed engines is from multiple tones, and placing specific Hz to operate under specific conditions (RPM or Speed). A good question perhaps is if @=Andre= can implement more in the software to help with activating an effect for user set RPM and/or SPEED values?
If not we may have to look at available options for more sophisticated engines.
".

Thats my problem too. the single repeated tone isnt usefull in my opinion. are you planning to optimize it? before i used your software i used a free developed software by a mate. the hz depends by the rpm. fully customizable. maybe the screenshot explain what i mean and what would be a great to have:

Attachments

• engine.PNG
    engine.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
@memoric77

I wouldn't get too hung up on the engine at the moment.
Those that really want the best in tactile can combine all options.
What stops you from using Simvibe Engine effects with SSW if you really wanted to? While here isn't the place to discuss it and such depends on if you want it as an individual EM or across your CM combined with SSW. Yet to me anyways, clearly SSW has its own advantages in producing more tactile detail to what the car is doing.

Seems Andre, may consider doing RPM based engine load which will help but perhaps isn't a mammoth task to do.

Seeking More

Going to personally continue to improve files etc with additional testing and learning.
What we need is more people getting involved and testing/giving feedback on files.
Also in having 4 and 6 channel working properly.

New Approach
Have been considering a new approach for WAV files, been studying the last ones I did, now that I have the audio monitoring software all setup again.

A B C Options / Example
A problem I see is not in getting files that may produce a decent sensation but knowing they will work well on various different units. Some effects I find feel good and firm on my big BK but lacking a bit on units less able to work the lowest Hz.

Longest - Shortest = Lower Hz - Higher Hz being used.

So Im giving this a bit of a rethink.....
It's possible to create the file/waveforms character for sensation it produces. However what if we change the fundamental frequency being used? Basically, alter the Hz the file uses whilst maintaining its character so that it can better match specific tactile units abilities for grade A B C.
We already know the abilities of most tactile units on the market and Hz each can work well within.

This will improve the sensation for the user if they tried A B C variants.
I would find this interesting if we had some guys willing to take part and test or if Andre can get more involved.

I see no reason in time with more learning why at least (my own) files cannot be adapted to suit and work well on this wider range consisting of A B C D examples:

What if you could just download a group that is purposely altered to better suit your own tactile?

A) BK LFE / TST 429
B) BK Advance / Pearl Throne Thumper / TST 329
C) BK Mini / BK Gamer / TST 239
D) ADX / Aura Pro / Reckhorn / TST 209

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What stops you from using Simvibe Engine effects with SSW if you really wanted to?

Because I wouldn't like to pay 90€ for it. for my small benefit it's overpriced imho. 30€ for SSW is exactly the price I like to pay. my free developed SW got engine, wheelslip etc, but the developer doesnt support it any more and a I'm missing gear shift. so I wanted to give SSW a try.

Upvote 0
Because I wouldn't like to pay 90€ for it. for my small benefit it's overpriced imho. 30€ for SSW is exactly the price I like to pay. my free developed SW got engine, wheelslip etc, but the developer doesnt support it any more and a I'm missing gear shift. so I wanted to give SSW a try.

Then your best option is to combine "Audio Tactile" with SSW for one or all units.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back