F1 2010 Silverstone - Great Britain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
here is my setup with the lotus,i got the poll with this setup, then the race was a wet race, and i cruised to victory by 23.53 over hamilton. i also was awarded the achievement clean sweep for getting the fastest times in each sector during qualifying.
let me know what you guys think after you try it.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 30% - R 70%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 9
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 9
Rear Ride Height: 9
Front Spring Stiffness: 2
Rear Spring Stiffness: 2

Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 179 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 316 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: standard
Fuel: Fixed amount

Alignment
Camber front: -.70
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear: 0.35

that setup is even worse than the first setup given at the top
found i could't hit any apex in practice, to much understeer

+1 to Victor's set up. I'm still struggling with my corner timings so my times are only at 1:40:00 (dead last professional P1) but the car "feels right" so as soon as I learn the track I expect (pray) that my times come down. *edit* After 30 more laps I've gotten the time down to 1:36:90. That's good enough for 13th in Practice 2 and on par with my team objectives.

I'm in 1st year in career mode with Force India. I have tried all the setups found in this thread, but anyone halp me. Only with greasemonkey774's setup I can drive without offroad ;)

With the default versatile quick setup I have the car stable and I can set the curves right, but lap time is very high.

Is only a problem of learn the circuit? I have good time in the previuos tracks: Montreal and Valencia, but Silverstone is very difficult to me. :(

I'm using pad.

Have you some suggestion?

used stuart malaske setup with lotus just have corner lines on no other assists and got a 1.33.9 on primes,great setup for lotus mate!thanks for all your effort!almost forgot,this was in gp mode,q3!

I'm using the Lotus in career mode, 1st year, expert/legendary and I don't understand how you guys run 1/1 downforce settings on Silverstone. With those settings, I have to CRAWL through Copse (turn 1) and brake for the 2nd part of Becketts. As a side note, not that I have driven Silverstone in real life, but it seems the developers completely screwed up the exit of Becketts. Watching onboard videos, the exit is much quicker than it is in the game.

I was able to qualify P2 because I went out early on intermediates in Q3, and the times got slower as the session progressed. Starting P2, I was leading the race on options and I pitted on lap 7 to avoid the pit lane bug. I came out in 20th, disposed of a few backmarkers, and ended up in 5th after everything was sorted out. For the rest of the race (I do 50% distance), nobody was anywhere near me, so I set the engine to cruise and as I crossed the line for the white flag, I got another puncture (I've had 5 race punctures already this season). Ended up nursing the car home to finish in 8th.

I've noticed Catalunya and Silverstone to be extremely difficult to keep up with the AI. I was on pole in Turkey and Canada, then won in Valencia. And suddenly, I'm 2 seconds off pace at Silverstone. I believe my quickest lap was a 33.7 late in the race on the primes. Very difficult to find a set up here and I'm probably losing a bunch of time in the new section.

I second this. I finally figured out Catalunya and won it, but I am having terrible luck at Silverstone. I simply can't seem to do any good in practice. I think the problem (that I am having at least) is that practice starts out with moderately heavy rain, then tapers off and leaves a partially wet track for a while, then finally starts to dry off, and then as soon as it is almost dry, it starts to rain a little again. Usually if it starts out raining and ends up dry, I just fast forward time till the track is dry, but that does not seem to be the case here. It does not work.

The strange part about all of this is that the driving lines stay the wettest, but I would think that the heat of the cars would dry those areas out first, but it seems that they are leaving it wet. How odd.

At this point I am in my first season Lotus, make fun of me, but I am on auto pilot (I use all of the aids until I figure out what I am doing). I plan on moving up in difficulty as the seasons progress. At this point in the season, I have 203 points, so I have won most of the races: Shanghai, Catalunya, Istanbul, Montreal and Valencia that I know of off the top of my head. I came in second in Kaula Lumpur and fifth at Monaco. I am not sure about the others, as I just recently started keeping decent records. I know these are out of order, but I put them in order of wins for simplicity sake. I am at 100% in Dirt 2, but this is the wrong section for that.

I tried different setups, and figured them out (almost always using a suggestion from RD), and tweaking them to my liking a little more. As for this race however, I am having no luck whatsoever. Another thing is that my front tires seem to be scrubbing more than turning on this track, no matter how I set the car up. I am using a Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback wheel with clutch (not that I use it for F1).

It appears to me that I cannot drive this smoothly, at least not consistently. Perhaps I should just skip practice and see if qualifying conditions are any better. At least I would have an engine at 100%.

I second this. I finally figured out Catalunya and won it, but I am having terrible luck at Silverstone. I simply can't seem to do any good in practice. I think the problem (that I am having at least) is that practice starts out with moderately heavy rain, then tapers off and leaves a partially wet track for a while, then finally starts to dry off, and then as soon as it is almost dry, it starts to rain a little again. Usually if it starts out raining and ends up dry, I just fast forward time till the track is dry, but that does not seem to be the case here. It does not work.

The strange part about all of this is that the driving lines stay the wettest, but I would think that the heat of the cars would dry those areas out first, but it seems that they are leaving it wet. How odd.

At this point I am in my first season Lotus, make fun of me, but I am on auto pilot (I use all of the aids until I figure out what I am doing). I plan on moving up in difficulty as the seasons progress. At this point in the season, I have 203 points, so I have won most of the races: Shanghai, Catalunya, Istanbul, Montreal and Valencia that I know of off the top of my head. I came in second in Kaula Lumpur and fifth at Monaco. I am not sure about the others, as I just recently started keeping decent records. I know these are out of order, but I put them in order of wins for simplicity sake. I am at 100% in Dirt 2, but this is the wrong section for that.

I tried different setups, and figured them out (almost always using a suggestion from RD), and tweaking them to my liking a little more. As for this race however, I am having no luck whatsoever. Another thing is that my front tires seem to be scrubbing more than turning on this track, no matter how I set the car up. I am using a Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback wheel with clutch (not that I use it for F1).

It appears to me that I cannot drive this smoothly, at least not consistently. Perhaps I should just skip practice and see if qualifying conditions are any better. At least I would have an engine at 100%.

I figured it out. I finished practice 7th, qualified third and went on to win the race. I don't know if it was premature or not, but I went ahead and accepted the $6,500,000 First Driver Position with Lotus for next year. I will then move up in difficulty season by season, using less and less aids as I go along. I figured it would be better to get as many points and as good a reputation as I can my first year, as to not be overlooked. I am at 228 points for the season so far, so I am feeling pretty smug right now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back