PC1 Seriously..how did some of these issues get thru?

Msportdan

@Simberia
im confused here...

This game has been in the making for what now .. 3 years. Its had a vast community beta testing this and im sure some of these guys if not most were sim fans.

This begs me the question of how the hell did some of the issues we have now. not get spotted by anyone? It took me a few days to see these below.

-Ai in the wet, being a)not affected b)dont pit for wets.
-The Ai on some tracks just simply run off the end of corners with hardly any speed loss. (summerton tight right handers/zolder 1st corner at start. about half a dozen cars go off on first lap.
-The AI are way too overagressive. In one way is good but in another its frustrating to play. especially they dive bomb every corner
-Car setups not saving.
-Wheel is annoying in the menus when you forget to centre it after a run.

-and lets not forget the mass confusion, which is the FFB settings. Really.. could of they not made this simpler. Rf2 has one car specific setting?!

plus loads more..

This is agreat game/sim, but ive postponed my career as somethings above are game breakers .
i mean did SMS have their own agenda in the end, or did they just rush this out and these issues were known. But seriously some of these issues should simply, never of got to gold!

I mean i know rf2 is in beta, but pcars is in no better state imo.

Last edited:
Again, what you are looking for is there but it may never be on the level you want/desire... Right now, most of the support is on the console side and they are communicating with the console users. Here's a quote from a PS4 user:

I would wager SMS believes their current communication is good. That doesn't mean they won't adjust but I don't believe they think there is a problem in that department.

I have no insight into SMS priorities since I don't work for SMS. However, what I have witnessed from the sidelines they are doing exactly what I would be doing if I were in the same shoes.. The consoles are the bulk of the sales so they have to ensure those are working properly first. Then focus on other issues.

I completely understand consoles getting more attention over the PC version, especially since apparently they sold considerably more copies of the game on consoles. That and the fact that the consoles have been having the most game breaking issues is understandable as to why they get more attention.

My concern is that there are so many issues in the game, major and minor ones, with quite a few not receiving any recognition on their forums at all. On top of that, you have premium members typically blindly defending the game to the point of blaming the majority of new issues that arise on the player rather than the game. Meanwhile, you have people in high positions perusing the forums, instead of actually doing something constructive, unlocking topics that are previously locked because they favor their point of view: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27635-Please-stop-moaning

The list goes on about how poorly they're managing their forums as well as not only neglecting consumer complaints, but being critical of them. This is why I think they could do a better job of communication. I will at least admit that they finally did start communicating more in general yesterday as far as what the priorities are and that's all I really wanted. So while part of my point is now moot, I still think they're handling things very poorly in some areas.

Other games having bugs upon their release doesn't justify this game being the same. Heaven forbid we raise the standards a bit as consumers.
It's been like that for as long as I've been gaming. We won't be able to change and why vent all the rage at project cars. What other games are you playing? Have people been venting as much on those forums? It's not ideal and we'd all like a bug free game on release but it's never going to happen due to the nature. Software everywhere is buggy, even in your work places.

It's been like that for as long as I've been gaming. We won't be able to change and why vent all the rage at project cars. What other games are you playing? Have people been venting as much on those forums? It's not ideal and we'd all like a bug free game on release but it's never going to happen due to the nature. Software everywhere is buggy, even in your work places.

This acceptance that all games have bugs doesn't mean we should allow games to be released in this manner. I mean, it's not as though there's just a couple bugs that are hardly effecting people in this game, at least then you'd have a point. This game has serious bugs as well as design issues that make it feel rushed. All while having been delayed 4 times. Doesn't that warrant concern?

This acceptance that all games have bugs doesn't mean we should allow games to be released in this manner. I mean, it's not as though there's just a couple bugs that are hardly effecting people in this game, at least then you'd have a point. This game has serious bugs as well as design issues that make it feel rushed. All while having been delayed 4 times. Doesn't that warrant concern?
Yes it does but I remember Battlefield 4 release and that had all sorts of issues which took at least a year to sort out. That was made by one of the biggest companies in gaming! Unless all the millions of gamers world wide say enough is enough then we will continue to see games rush released and buggy. There is more than enough working in project cars to keep me entertained while they fix things. Just say they delayed for another year, that would have been 5 years in the making and there would still be bugs.

It's been like that for as long as I've been gaming.

You ain't been gaming long then.

Well it hasn't been like that for me. In the days before the Interweb, games were released fully finished and complete. They came big boxed, with disks, manuals and extra's. They worked out of the box generally with perhaps a small patch issued on a floppy disk by a gaming magazine. Back then the consumer really did expect to buy a finished and working game. God forbid.

But I suppose these days we (well you actually Jim :rolleyes:) just expect unfinished games still in Beta state for your hard earned cash. I really detest the fact that companies actually expect us to do the beta testing these day for free. It's like buying a car that's unfinished. They will fix the gearbox later and then fit the windscreen later still.

Last edited:
@ Jim and Jack - you both make some good points about the state of game development. Jack is 100% right about the way games used to be delivered to the end user. However, game development has gotten so much more expensive and complicated. Throw in the fact that most of the sims that we enjoy are small niche market products and you have small development teams with limited budgets. Now, I'm not saying that none of the complaints are legitimate because of that, because they clearly are; I am just acknowledging that it is the state of game deveoplment (IM Humble O).

My approach is to enjoy what they have been able to accomplish while reporting back any problems. I refuse to spend hours on end checking forums when I could be racing/tweaking/tuning. I like what they tried to accomplish with this title and I believe they are hard at work addressing stuff...it just feels like forever because of how good the game feels when it is working right and the FFB is dialed in to my liking.

A couple of bugs that bother me at the moment. Can't hide the interface when spectating races, and no glowing brakes. I have closed brake ducts and braked like mad (with temps over a 1000) but in replay no glowing brake disks and I am sure early builds had that feature. :cool:

Last edited:
@Jack - you can hide the interface. Click on the eyeball icon in the interface.

Glowing brakes is a big miss.

I'm not on about the replay, I'm referring to the spectator mode. :sneaky: And why did the devs get rid of glowing brakes?

edit according to WMD/SMS they do have glowing brake disks. Iv'e not seen them yet and I spectate night races looking for them.

BTW, what cars are missing the brake glow. SMS did mention in some post, I can't remember where, that some cars have fully enclosed
I'm not on about the replay, I'm referring to the spectator mode. :sneaky: And why did the devs get rid of glowing brakes?

edit according to WMD/SMS they do have glowing brake disks. Iv'e not seen them yet and I spectate night races looking for them.
Oh, sorry. I haven't checked out spectator mode.

You ain't been gaming long then.

Well it hasn't been like that for me. In the days before the Interweb, games were released fully finished and complete. They came big boxed, with disks, manuals and extra's. They worked out of the box generally with perhaps a small patch issued on a floppy disk by a gaming magazine. Back then the consumer really did expect to buy a finished and working game. God forbid.
That's funny because I can remember dialing into a company's BBS in order to download a patch on several occasions. There was never a "Good ole Days" when software was bug free. If you go back 20+ years before the internet, games were far less complex then they are today. Never the less, bugs existed then as they do now. The difference is that forums didn't exist as they do today. The noise level was much lower then.

That's funny because I can remember dialing into a company's BBS in order to download a patch on several occasions. There was never a "Good ole Days" when software was bug free. If you go back 20+ years before the internet, games were far less complex then they are today. Never the less, bugs existed then as they do now. The difference is that forums didn't exist as they do today. The noise level was much lower then.

Whatever mate, but when I was playing Indy 500, GP1 and 2 and 3 and the first Nascar games, there was no internet nor anywhere to dial up as you put it because it didn't exist. :rolleyes:
And 20+ years before the internet would take you far earlier than any computer game. 20+ years before the internet would make it about 1975. :whistling::whistling::laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back