PC1 Seriously..how did some of these issues get thru?

Msportdan

@Simberia
im confused here...

This game has been in the making for what now .. 3 years. Its had a vast community beta testing this and im sure some of these guys if not most were sim fans.

This begs me the question of how the hell did some of the issues we have now. not get spotted by anyone? It took me a few days to see these below.

-Ai in the wet, being a)not affected b)dont pit for wets.
-The Ai on some tracks just simply run off the end of corners with hardly any speed loss. (summerton tight right handers/zolder 1st corner at start. about half a dozen cars go off on first lap.
-The AI are way too overagressive. In one way is good but in another its frustrating to play. especially they dive bomb every corner
-Car setups not saving.
-Wheel is annoying in the menus when you forget to centre it after a run.

-and lets not forget the mass confusion, which is the FFB settings. Really.. could of they not made this simpler. Rf2 has one car specific setting?!

plus loads more..

This is agreat game/sim, but ive postponed my career as somethings above are game breakers .
i mean did SMS have their own agenda in the end, or did they just rush this out and these issues were known. But seriously some of these issues should simply, never of got to gold!

I mean i know rf2 is in beta, but pcars is in no better state imo.

Last edited:
Totally agree, the AI is not great. Wish I had recorded my career race from last night. You wouldnt get a more blatant shove off the track than the one I got last night from the AI in the wet. I went right off the track. I actually had to laugh :). Other than that, loving it.

yep just did the fgulf at spain. (not career just solo) quailed 5th was happy. Off start got a good run jumped to 2nd. On the second lap slipstreamed 1st place down to the first corner got inside, had a nose in front!! I had won the corner and the racing line........

the ai just turned in as if i wasn't there, we both ended up in the wall..

Now that's realism!! That sounds like a true Junior Formula race to me! :)

Be interesting when one does appear how many bugs and issues it fixes.

I was an early adopter, and once they ported over to Steam, every time I started the game I would get a game update download automatically. I would go to the changelog and look at all the random sh** they were patching. Its unreal how much stuff goes into creating a game at this level. They definitely underestimated the task at hand. But considering that, I think the product is fantastic. I also am surprised they aren't patching more often, but now that its retail, it would look pretty bush league to be releasing a patch every other day. No other commercial release does this, and people would complain if they all did. Plus, they need to make sure everybody patches at the same time (since some are not on steam) so as to not break multiplayer. What I certainly doubt is that there's a 12 devs in the SMS office sitting on their hands.

I still can't seem to keep the same livery for a car. I've tried to pick one in my garage, press the green button and pray. I still get random liveries when I race. Also, the setups keep changing, even if I hadn't touched them. Little things that keep me from total giddiness.:D

Had my Z4 setup to win races. Then the fatal error, while of all things, watching a replay. Lost everything except replays and leader board times. When I re-launched the game, I had to choose driving style, and that bitc* started tutoring me. The Z4 was perfect for me!

Damn:mad:
Long way from giddy now.:(

Had my Z4 setup to win races. Then the fatal error, while of all things, watching a replay. Lost everything except replays and leader board times. When I re-launched the game, I had to choose driving style, and that bitc* started tutoring me. The Z4 was perfect for me!

Damn:mad:
Long way from giddy now.:(
How did that happen? I've got a feeling I've read about that bug were you doing time trials or something?

No, I was just watching replays of races. Then Bam! Game crashed to desktop; Fatal Error message.
All my stats are gone.
I really enjoy racing with this game, but there are way more valleys than peaks. I'm tired of climbing. I may just stick to R3E.

Last edited:
No, I was just watching replays of races. Then Bam! Game crashed to desktop; Fatal Error message.
All my stats are gone.
I really enjoy racing with this game, but there are way more valleys than peaks. I'm tired of climbing. I may just stick to R3E.
Yeah, sure it'll get fixed though. I've not done much on career or time trials and I have all my settings written down in case anything happens.

I was an early adopter, and once they ported over to Steam, every time I started the game I would get a game update download automatically. I would go to the changelog and look at all the random sh** they were patching. Its unreal how much stuff goes into creating a game at this level. They definitely underestimated the task at hand. But considering that, I think the product is fantastic. I also am surprised they aren't patching more often, but now that its retail, it would look pretty bush league to be releasing a patch every other day. No other commercial release does this, and people would complain if they all did. Plus, they need to make sure everybody patches at the same time (since some are not on steam) so as to not break multiplayer. What I certainly doubt is that there's a 12 devs in the SMS office sitting on their hands.

You seriously think people would complain if they were patching actual fixes every day? Really? I can understand wanting to keep people on the same version, but even that isn't necessary for a lot of the fixes as it wouldn't effect multiplayer (i.e. AI being unaffected by the wet).

A lot of people would be happy with them simply being more open about what they're actually doing. With all these issues in the game we hear rumors about pCARS 2 and the upcoming DLC instead of what they're focusing on fixing first. That's where the real problem lies, as they seem to ignore the outcry for fixes with a mere "we're working on it" as we all patiently wait - 2 weeks now - for fixes, or any information at all, to these issues.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back