PC1 Seriously..how did some of these issues get thru?

Msportdan

@Simberia
im confused here...

This game has been in the making for what now .. 3 years. Its had a vast community beta testing this and im sure some of these guys if not most were sim fans.

This begs me the question of how the hell did some of the issues we have now. not get spotted by anyone? It took me a few days to see these below.

-Ai in the wet, being a)not affected b)dont pit for wets.
-The Ai on some tracks just simply run off the end of corners with hardly any speed loss. (summerton tight right handers/zolder 1st corner at start. about half a dozen cars go off on first lap.
-The AI are way too overagressive. In one way is good but in another its frustrating to play. especially they dive bomb every corner
-Car setups not saving.
-Wheel is annoying in the menus when you forget to centre it after a run.

-and lets not forget the mass confusion, which is the FFB settings. Really.. could of they not made this simpler. Rf2 has one car specific setting?!

plus loads more..

This is agreat game/sim, but ive postponed my career as somethings above are game breakers .
i mean did SMS have their own agenda in the end, or did they just rush this out and these issues were known. But seriously some of these issues should simply, never of got to gold!

I mean i know rf2 is in beta, but pcars is in no better state imo.

Last edited:
Personal opinion.

Amongst all the other issues with setups etc. This game has the worst AI I have ever encountered. It's mostly just a crash-fest, and a good example of what unlocked online public lobby racing is like, as they also do more cutting than my local barber shop.

If what Kyle says above is correct, and the AI get fixed then fine, but I think I'll do something else until then.

They are if you visit the official forum. The AI lead dev has posted what he has fixed and what he is testing for AI changes.

I have visited their forum, daily. And only yesterday have they really finally started sharing what they've been doing. My point was more that earlier this week and last week when these issues were being reported we weren't hearing anything about those issues being fixed but rather rumors about pCARS2 and the upcoming DLC.

Personal opinion.

Amongst all the other issues with setups etc. This game has the worst AI I have ever encountered. It's mostly just a crash-fest, and a good example of what unlocked online public lobby racing is like, as they also do more cutting than my local barber shop.

If what Kyle says above is correct, and the AI get fixed then fine, but I think I'll do something else until then.

I honestly don't know what their position on the AI is. They're aware of the bugs in it, for instance the AI being completely immune to wet conditions mid-race and cutting corners on some tracks, but as far as how bad the AI can behave they appear extremely defensive on it and most of the premium members chalk up AI issues to players driving inappropriately around them.

My point was more that earlier this week and last week when these issues were being reported we weren't hearing anything about those issues being fixed but rather rumors about pCARS2 and the upcoming DLC.

That's because they were fixing Xbox One issues and they were updating the Xbox One users. They haven't been taking a break nor not communicating. They just haven't been working on issues which you have been looking for updates on.

Sorry to say but you are going to be setting yourself up for a let down if you expect to see issues addressed immediately after they are reported. That's not how it's going to work (and not how it works in software development in general). I'm not saying you have to like how it works, but there is a process/method to for software development life-cycle management.

That's because they were fixing Xbox One issues and they were updating the Xbox One users. They haven't been taking a break nor not communicating. They just haven't been working on issues which you have been looking for updates on.

Sorry to say but you are going to be setting yourself up for a let down if you expect to see issues addressed immediately after they are reported. That's not how it's going to work (and not how it works in software development in general). I'm not saying you have to like how it works, but there is a process/method to for software development life-cycle management.

Again, I'm not even asking them to fix the issues, I'm asking for better communication from them on what they're doing. With all the reported issues they have only just this week started acknowledging some of them and that they're working on them. Their silence on what they're doing, as well as lack of acknowledgment on some issues, as well as reports of further game development DLC is why I bring this up.

I honestly don't know what their position on the AI is. They're aware of the bugs in it, for instance the AI being completely immune to wet conditions mid-race and cutting corners on some tracks, but as far as how bad the AI can behave they appear extremely defensive on it and most of the premium members chalk up AI issues to players driving inappropriately around them.

They might want to try some re-starts in Formula C @ Zolder. They could try counting how often they survive the first 3 corners :)

If you just accept PCars as being in the early beta stages of development, which it obviously is, all the issues, bugs and oversights make more sense. Another member said something that made me feel somewhat better about all the bugs. Would you rather play it in it's current buggy state or sit there watching a Twitch stream wishing you could try it out, like we all did until a little over two weeks ago. Let's hope they do fix some of the major flaws, although it's unrealistic to think they'll fix everything that's wrong.

Hmm, I don't know if that's the issue. I always have shared memory enabled (for DashMeter Pro) and haven't had trouble with replays. Granted, I don't watch a lot of replays but occasionally and haven't had crashing.

It's common knowledge on WMD and the Project Cars forums.

Go into c:\program files 86\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx(numbers)\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav Make a shortcut to this folder for easy daily access. Create a folder in here and name it backup and copy the default.sav file into the backup folder at least once a day if you have "shared memory" enabled and you watch replays or not. Either way, it's a good idea to back up this profile data so you won't lose all progress and have to reset all your bajillion goofy FFB settings again.

Their silence on what they're doing, as well as lack of acknowledgment on some issues, as well as reports of further game development DLC is why I bring this up.

IMO, they have been communicating the correct information. I will say the fact that I am this close to the title, I may be looking for the information which may not appear to be readily available to others. They will never communicate "everything". Full transparency, while desired, is just not going to happen from any software developer. What you may think is full transparency from other developers, I can guarantee is not. Why won't it happen? As people will get pissy if/when they don't see "their" issue as a top priority.

It's common knowledge on WMD and the Project Cars forums.

Go into c:\program files 86\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx(numbers)\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav Make a shortcut to this folder for easy daily access. Create a folder in here and name it backup and copy the default.sav file into the backup folder at least once a day if you have "shared memory" enabled and you watch replays or not. Either way, it's a good idea to back up this profile data so you won't lose all progress and have to reset all your bajillion goofy FFB settings again.
Good to know. It could be that I didn't see this over the past two years as I was deleting my profile before every build, and haven't seen it yet since release.

IMO, they have been communicating the correct information. I will say the fact that I am this close to the title, I may be looking for the information which may not appear to be readily available to others. They will never communicate "everything". Full transparency, while desired, is just not going to happen from any software developer. What you may think is full transparency from other developers, I can guarantee is not. Why won't it happen? As people will get pissy if/when they don't see "their" issue as a top priority.

Again, you're misinterpreting what I'm requesting. I don't expect full disclosure, just better communication considering how many major and minor issues there are.

The multiplayer interface needs to be redone. You have to join a game before you can find out what settings are being used and you cant see the latency of the server.

I agree with all the issues here. Worst of all IMO is you have to change the HUD layout every race and no multiple car setup options along with loading different car setups for an online game

A game is not in beta stages when it has been released on mutoi formats.

That argument has been trotted out endlesslty for nearly 3 years.

A game is ready when it is released to multi format users or one format. That is not a BETA, and this needs to stop.

If it isnt ready, dont release it. Simple as that, wont be the first game, and would not also be the first game to never be released!!

If it isnt ready, dont release it. Simple as that, wont be the first game, and would not also be the first game to never be released!!

The solution is in your hands. If you want a bug free game, don't buy it on release. I can't remember any sim being released without bugs, some of them pretty serious. Even months after full release, AC has bugs/issues, years after coming out of beta, rF2 has bugs and issues, R3E released the group 5 cars which broke the AI and SC,E based on a 10 year old engine, has bugs and issues.

Last edited:
Better communication is full disclosure? I'm not asking for details or specifics, but basically any communication at all, which up until today had been practically non-existent outside of "we're aware of the issue". I don't need everything and don't expect it, as you attempted to suggest was the case.

Again, what you are looking for is there but it may never be on the level you want/desire... Right now, most of the support is on the console side and they are communicating with the console users. Here's a quote from a PS4 user:

I want to start this off by saying Wow!! I have visited this forum both for Xbox One and PS4 since the game launched and read a lot of the complaints and comments. That being said the way you have engaged people is quite impressive. Back when GT6 launched I was excited thought all the things that were in GT5 I wanted would be there as the company stated, but sadly they weren't, not only that the game other then graphics and physic changes was the same damn game. People blasted Polyphony for what they put out and not one time did the head of that studio take to the forum to respond or update anyone. Instead he gave vague interviews on what was coming and people are still waiting for those changes.

I would wager SMS believes their current communication is good. That doesn't mean they won't adjust but I don't believe they think there is a problem in that department.

I have no insight into SMS priorities since I don't work for SMS. However, what I have witnessed from the sidelines they are doing exactly what I would be doing if I were in the same shoes.. The consoles are the bulk of the sales so they have to ensure those are working properly first. Then focus on other issues.

I agree with all the issues here. Worst of all IMO is you have to change the HUD layout every race and no multiple car setup options along with loading different car setups for an online game

The HUD saving is a bug and they are aware of it. It used to work just fine (a few builds before the release build) so it's just tracking down the change which affected it. I'm sure they already know the problem (most software developers know when they broke something and why), it's just a matter of it getting priority.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 229 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%