PC1 Seriously..how did some of these issues get thru?

Msportdan

@Simberia
im confused here...

This game has been in the making for what now .. 3 years. Its had a vast community beta testing this and im sure some of these guys if not most were sim fans.

This begs me the question of how the hell did some of the issues we have now. not get spotted by anyone? It took me a few days to see these below.

-Ai in the wet, being a)not affected b)dont pit for wets.
-The Ai on some tracks just simply run off the end of corners with hardly any speed loss. (summerton tight right handers/zolder 1st corner at start. about half a dozen cars go off on first lap.
-The AI are way too overagressive. In one way is good but in another its frustrating to play. especially they dive bomb every corner
-Car setups not saving.
-Wheel is annoying in the menus when you forget to centre it after a run.

-and lets not forget the mass confusion, which is the FFB settings. Really.. could of they not made this simpler. Rf2 has one car specific setting?!

plus loads more..

This is agreat game/sim, but ive postponed my career as somethings above are game breakers .
i mean did SMS have their own agenda in the end, or did they just rush this out and these issues were known. But seriously some of these issues should simply, never of got to gold!

I mean i know rf2 is in beta, but pcars is in no better state imo.

Last edited:
Wind is a pretty minor thing on track, yes if it's there you can feel it, but on a smaller track, sub 2.5miles, there really isn't that much effect. I do race in real life (SCCA), once at Laguna Seca we had a lot of wind, trash going from the grandstand and umbrellas almost going over the fences but on track is wasn't as much an issue. Lap times were negligible. Willow springs is a different story, you feel it a lot more but not like at Spa or LeSarth I would imagine. Point is, not a game changer, just another visceral sensation that will be hard to adapt to a game...

Some of that tech is needed for proper oval racing (so some of it will be introduced into pCARS 1), but they want to do more. I can't say I agree 100% on it being minor. It was worth 2 seconds for me at Mid America Motorplex (now called RPM) last year. Granted, we are talking "blowing wheels/tires around" wind, but it was a huge factor that weekend which lowered all track times fairly significantly. Some straights I could barely hit my rev limiter which normally I would reach well before the braking zones.

But yes, there are many tech related things which will provide a good distinction between pCARS 1 and 2 (when that does eventually happen).

Peoples idea that a real sim includes slippery physics, isn't how real life is, in a light open wheeler warm tyres and a tonne of downforce. trust me you would have to do something very stupid to spin out that car. Rf2 low speed grip is very unrealistic. But im confident the new Contact patch pretty much fixes that.

I had more confidence in my Formula Renault experience than I had playing any open wheeler in rf2... it says a lot regarding a sim cars grip and real life grip.
I found Dirt: Rally a bit like that. Surely it can`t be that hard to drive a mini at 40mph? Can it?

Some of that tech is needed for proper oval racing (so some of it will be introduced into pCARS 1), but they want to do more. I can't say I agree 100% on it being minor. It was worth 2 seconds for me at Mid America Motorplex (now called RPM) last year. Granted, we are talking "blowing wheels/tires around" wind, but it was a huge factor that weekend which lowered all track times fairly significantly. Some straights I could barely hit my rev limiter which normally I would reach well before the braking zones.

But yes, there are many tech related things which will provide a good distinction between pCARS 1 and 2 (when that does eventually happen).
Worst wind I experianced was at Willow Springs back when I raced sport bikes in the 90's. We had a nasty cross wind and it was cold... Going through turn seven, over the hump, people just drifted right off the track and lowsided instantly. Heading into turn eight, setup for the turn already in a big lean, then the wind changed direction... Had to hold myself up with my knee a couple times. It was crazy... And we all refused to slow down... All bike racers are a bit nuts...

Way off topic... Back to thread.

im not sure its on RF2 level of realism with the contact patch model tbh. There are some cars that in pcars that are like wtf just happened there.
I havnt felt any improvments with that contact patch thingy, but its just on the cars I dont like so far, it will be most intresting to see the skip Barber with that update, then il decide if its something or just talk.

But i must say the EGT mod, that cost money, those cars drive beutifully! And they to me atleast have realistic grip levels for sportscars, they remind me alot of pCars. I can trust those cars :inlove:

But how come these cars seem more natural then ISI,s own cars? Is it setup? Enybody know? Cuz I now nothing about setups, just love to drive and those cars are the only ones i drive in rFactor 2.

Yeah, Ian said the patch in QA now is very extensive. A lot of AI and tire wear rebalancing as well as performance.

I do hope at some point SMS exposes the balance sheets, xls/ini's. I think moders would have a hay day with PCARS. The PC really needs to be a separate project from console for PCARS to reach its full potential.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%